Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 15.10.2015, 23:07
ZuriRollt's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,788
Groaned at 41 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,054 Times in 923 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
funny....

the mummys that are in our office say they come in, to have a rest..

at least the people in the office listen to what you have to say, and you seldom have to shout at them to get a job done..

Also, if you have to clean up someone elses shit. you seldom smell afterwards - depending on your profession of course. And no-one pukes on you in the office - again of course quite dependent on your line of work.

You also usually get paid more, and very few people are called to work at 2am, then again at 4am, then at 6am, again at 8am... in two hour blocks for about 3 months at a stretch. In fact, there are laws against that sort of thing.

Did I mention the pay?
Absolutely
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15.10.2015, 23:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 934
Groaned at 74 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 915 Times in 552 Posts
yacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputation
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post

Did I mention the pay?

Not sure what you want to imply by that? My salary lands on a joint account and I in practice I have less of say over it gets spent than my wife. And I can't have a difficult day at work, or get up late, or call friends from 8 to 5, or watch movies past midnights, or jeez, enjoy a day in a winter - I live when it is dark and come back when it is dark again, or have a walk with friends to a playground and call it "care". I'm a corporate slave, and can freely decide about maybe the last hour before the sleep. Because I rested at work so it is my pleasure to care of them in the worst time when they're tired, have to do their homework and their share of household chores.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 15.10.2015, 23:43
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,942
Groaned at 127 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Not sure what you want to imply by that? My salary lands on a joint account and I in practice I have less of say over it gets spent than my wife. And I can't have a difficult day at work, or get up late, or call friends from 8 to 5, or watch movies past midnights, or jeez, enjoy a day in a winter - I live when it is dark and come back when it is dark again, or have a walk with friends to a playground and call it "care". I'm a corporate slave, and can freely decide about maybe the last hour before the sleep. Because I rested at work so it is my pleasure to care of them in the worst time when they're tired, have to do their homework and their share of household chores.
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 16.10.2015, 00:16
MsWorWoo's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zürich Nord
Posts: 1,483
Groaned at 47 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,204 Times in 865 Posts
MsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
funny....

the mummys that are in our office say they come in, to have a rest..

at least the people in the office listen to what you have to say, and you seldom have to shout at them to get a job done..

Also, if you have to clean up someone elses shit. you seldom smell afterwards - depending on your profession of course. And no-one pukes on you in the office - again of course quite dependent on your line of work.

You also usually get paid more, and very few people are called to work at 2am, then again at 4am, then at 6am, again at 8am... in two hour blocks for about 3 months at a stretch. In fact, there are laws against that sort of thing.

Did I mention the pay?
Quote:
View Post
Not sure what you want to imply by that? My salary lands on a joint account and I in practice I have less of say over it gets spent than my wife. And I can't have a difficult day at work, or get up late, or call friends from 8 to 5, or watch movies past midnights, or jeez, enjoy a day in a winter - I live when it is dark and come back when it is dark again, or have a walk with friends to a playground and call it "care". I'm a corporate slave, and can freely decide about maybe the last hour before the sleep. Because I rested at work so it is my pleasure to care of them in the worst time when they're tired, have to do their homework and their share of household chores.
Whereas single parents get to do both of these at the same time!
Of course I get the pay... but it goes straight to childcare. (and nothing at all from her father, because his household income was lower than his household outgoings according to the papers he submitted to court, but I am in danger of getting back on topic)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 16.10.2015, 11:08
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,708
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 4,219 Times in 1,911 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 16.10.2015, 11:11
Assassin's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chasing clouds
Posts: 4,029
Groaned at 180 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 11,496 Times in 3,132 Posts
Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Here it's clear, inheritence is ALWAYS out of the (divorce) loop.

It only matters upon death.

So, if I want a part of the wife's inheritance, she'll have to pass away before I do.

Tom
You've clearly thought this out in far more detail than I'd consider to be healthy Tom
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 16.10.2015, 17:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 934
Groaned at 74 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 915 Times in 552 Posts
yacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputationyacek has an excellent reputation
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Whereas single parents get to do both of these at the same time!
Of course I get the pay...

And our salary has to pay everything, and not just for one kid.
And then higher taxes are taken to pay social subsidies for some dysfunctional families.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 16.10.2015, 17:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,643
Groaned at 152 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,551 Times in 3,212 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Not sure what you want to imply by that? My salary lands on a joint account and I in practice I have less of say over it gets spent than my wife. And I can't have a difficult day at work, or get up late, or call friends from 8 to 5, or watch movies past midnights, or jeez, enjoy a day in a winter - I live when it is dark and come back when it is dark again, or have a walk with friends to a playground and call it "care". I'm a corporate slave, and can freely decide about maybe the last hour before the sleep. Because I rested at work so it is my pleasure to care of them in the worst time when they're tired, have to do their homework and their share of household chores.
this post is not pathetic at all...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 20.10.2015, 10:34
MsWorWoo's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zürich Nord
Posts: 1,483
Groaned at 47 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,204 Times in 865 Posts
MsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
And our salary has to pay everything, and not just for one kid.
And then higher taxes are taken to pay social subsidies for some dysfunctional families.
Yeah, right, as a single parent I do not have to pay for rent or insurance or food. My rent would be the same if I was married or single (2 bed-flat). My food costs would be pretty much the same (bulk buy is cheaper and I could do that without having to throw much of the food away). And as I am a working full time parent I do not get social help, so it's not me that your taxes are going to, and my taxes are lower than yours because childcare is a deductible and they include that in my quellenstaurer.
Also, just because a family has one parent does not mean it's dysfunctional, just because a family has two does not mean that it is not dysfunctional. Of the five kids I know around me that have anger-issues, are troubled or otherwise emotionally scarred, only one is from a single parent family, the other four are from 'normal' families, and whilst the single-parent child has trust and confidence issues, one of the 'normal' family child is very violent (wonder why he thinks it's OK to hit girls and smaller boys) and another threatened to sexually assault my (then) 6 year old daughter (again, wonder why he thinks sexual violence is a way to control girls). Sometimes leaving your husband/wife makes homelife MUCH safer and emotionally secure than staying, and thus raises much less dysfunctional children. But trying to convince an abused person to take their children and go is a lot harder when people like you convince them that their spouse is right, and that they would be leeches on society and worthless without them, that they should be grateful that they provide for them in a monetary way and that they are selfish to want to raise their children alone in a safe environment, but still have financial security.
Also, you seem to have a lot of resentment against your wife. I hope that you do not show that resentment in front of your children, because that is how you damage them and raise them to be dysfunctional.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 20.10.2015, 10:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,169
Groaned at 520 Times in 398 Posts
Thanked 11,923 Times in 4,666 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Not if you got divorced here, only 1/2 of stuff acquired during the marriage, and 0% of any inheritance, past, present, or future.

Tom

Interesting... so CH is actually as close to a fair divoce system as it gets?


Personally I think divorce is incredibly unfair in countries like the UK/US where men get fleeced even after only a relatively short time of marriage, and if CH actually limits an ex-wife to getting half of what has earned while the marriage has lasted then I think that's a damn good thing.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 20.10.2015, 11:21
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,783
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,382 Times in 6,646 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Interesting... so CH is actually as close to a fair divoce system as it gets?


Personally I think divorce is incredibly unfair in countries like the UK/US where men get fleeced even after only a relatively short time of marriage, and if CH actually limits an ex-wife to getting half of what has earned while the marriage has lasted then I think that's a damn good thing.
Theoretically yes - but you you'll find stories, from both sides, where the feeling is that it isn't.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 20.10.2015, 14:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,169
Groaned at 520 Times in 398 Posts
Thanked 11,923 Times in 4,666 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Theoretically yes - but you you'll find stories, from both sides, where the feeling is that it isn't.
Hmm. but out of interest are pre-nups legally enforceable here?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 20.10.2015, 14:19
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,783
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,382 Times in 6,646 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
Hmm. but out of interest are pre-nups legally enforceable here?
AFAIK No

But they may be in Ticino
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 20.10.2015, 14:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,169
Groaned at 520 Times in 398 Posts
Thanked 11,923 Times in 4,666 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
AFAIK No

But they may be in Ticino
Hmm actually, seems it might be?


Link: http://www.switzerland-family-office...greements.html


Link: "Separate estates" section https://www.ch.ch/en/matrimonial-regime/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 20.10.2015, 14:45
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 8,967
Groaned at 140 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 12,243 Times in 5,007 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Women in divorce settlements win battle to go back for more

Quote:
View Post
...after that its entirely the choice of the couple who brings up the baby. ...

far more mothers than fathers choose to stay at home and bring up their offspring. thats their choice, not some millstone around their future career neck.
The problem with your argument is that you begin with the couple deciding, and then it becomes the stay-at-home spouse's choice.

In modern relationships. the couple will decide together whether one of them will stay at home and look after the kids, and the other will work in order to provide for the two of them, and their offspring.

Therefore it makes sense that assets acquired during marriage (such as a pension entitlement) be divided at divorce - because, up to that point, whatever was acquired was, by and large, for both of them - though not necessarily 50/50.

The career of the working spouse can also be viewed, in a sense, as an asset acquired during the marriage, and therefore the benefits of that career (i.e. future earnings) should continue to be provided (to an extent) to the non-working (ex)-spouse.
__________________
In accordance with Political Correctness guidelines, I've checked my privileges and come to the conclusion that I'm awesome.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to claim Tax back on divorce/child payments nicenrh Finance/banking/taxation 1 29.07.2013 14:43
[FOR SALE] Moving back to Spain - All must go! antonioma Items for sale 15 11.03.2012 12:40
Lawyer needed for divorce, custody battle. Sutter Family matters/health 4 18.11.2010 13:00
Back to UK for summer shopping - where to go? english-ish Daily life 22 13.06.2010 22:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0