Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.07.2015, 19:17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Poland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MalwinaD has annoyed a few people around hereMalwinaD has annoyed a few people around hereMalwinaD has annoyed a few people around here
Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Hello!

I am a new forum member, so firstly, I would like to send warm greeting to you all!
May anyone of you provide me with the information regarding affordable health insurance in Zurich or Geneva? What option would be best if I usually visit only a family doctor and don't need to consult other specialists first?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.07.2015, 19:54
drkarthiks's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 452
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 311 Times in 184 Posts
drkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeable
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Quote:
View Post
Hello!

I am a new forum member, so firstly, I would like to send warm greeting to you all!
May anyone of you provide me with the information regarding affordable health insurance in Zurich or Geneva? What option would be best if I usually visit only a family doctor and don't need to consult other specialists first?
Thank you!
Hello and welcome to the forum and Switzerland. A lot of the regular questions are covered here - Health Insurance - Look here before asking questions please.

You can also check on comparis.ch for comparing the different offers. The choice of model is yours mainly. Some people like calling in if they don't want to wait for doctor etc (Tele option), some like to go to the same doctor (Family doctor model) and some want the freedom to go anywhere they want (Basis or Standard model). Think about it and I am sure you can make a good decision.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27.07.2015, 12:56
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Poland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MalwinaD has annoyed a few people around hereMalwinaD has annoyed a few people around hereMalwinaD has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28.07.2015, 09:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bern
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
LAsings has no particular reputation at present
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

I agree with drkarthiks, Comparis.ch is great for this kind of thing. I'd just add that people in Switzerland are very well-informed about these things. It's 100% okay to ask friends or colleagues, as well.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04.08.2015, 21:26
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Basel
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scruffy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Hi

My Husband and I are moving to Basel very soon We are from the UK and my husband is retired so he would be covered for health insurance in an EU country. Are there any health companies in Switzerland that would take this into account? Would it work out financially better to live in Germany and commute to Basel for work? Any advice would be gratefully received
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.08.2015, 21:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here
Posts: 3,534
Groaned at 51 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,804 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Quote:
View Post
Hello!

I am a new forum member, so firstly, I would like to send warm greeting to you all!
May anyone of you provide me with the information regarding affordable health insurance in Zurich or Geneva? What option would be best if I usually visit only a family doctor and don't need to consult other specialists first?
Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.

use the forum search and you shall find what you seek

As this subject has been discussed ad nauseam on EF, please read the links before posting Q's.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.12.2016, 16:33
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Navy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Hi, I have quiet the same problem. I arrive in January in Switzerland and I read that's mandatory to got a swiss health insurance here.

As recommanded, I look at comparis.ch and realize it costs an huge premium even if you take a big deductible plan.

I ask my university and they told me that my "mutuelle" I got here in belgium is ok in Switzerland but the difference of cost between swiss and belgia fees will be for my purse...

Somebody knows if I take a big financial risk keeping my belgium mutuelle?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.12.2016, 16:38
drkarthiks's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 452
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 311 Times in 184 Posts
drkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeable
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I have quiet the same problem. I arrive in January in Switzerland and I read that's mandatory to got a swiss health insurance here.

As recommanded, I look at comparis.ch and realize it costs an huge premium even if you take a big deductible plan.

I ask my university and they told me that my "mutuelle" I got here in belgium is ok in Switzerland but the difference of cost between swiss and belgia fees will be for my purse...

Somebody knows if I take a big financial risk keeping my belgium mutuelle?
In a nutshell - depends - https://www.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz...urance-web.pdf and https://www.ethz.ch/en/studies/inter...insurance.html
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.12.2016, 16:43
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Navy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Affordable health insurance in Zurich - an inquiry

Thanks a lot!

I will check if I m eligible for those special insurance described in the ppt.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance in Zurich without a job imprinting Insurance 2 13.04.2015 14:31
An operation needed in Germany, which type of health insurance will cover? milkamilk Insurance 4 21.03.2015 23:12
health insurance forms ( French, is there an EN option ) Nikix Insurance 2 17.12.2012 11:12
Living and working in Switzerland for an EU-based company - health insurance advice? kestrel99 Insurance 14 30.07.2012 16:45
Looking for an affordable dentist in Lugano yloka Family matters/health 19 22.09.2011 15:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0