Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20.08.2015, 11:53
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,411
Groaned at 141 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 14,611 Times in 6,217 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Health insurance cold calling

I have recently had a spate of calls from people wishing to discuss my health insurance with me, promising they could help me save costs. This is quite interesting as my employer presently pays my costs.

They don't just call at home but also at work and on my mobile.

When I ask them who gave them my number they tend to be vague. One said it was a friend of mine, who they refuse to identify. They wanted to come to my house and discuss and I said OK. They said, where do you live. I said ask my friend. That really got them upset.

Have others had these calls too?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20.08.2015, 11:59
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 9,834
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 17,497 Times in 6,682 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Quote:
View Post
I have recently had a spate of calls from people wishing to discuss my health insurance with me, promising they could help me save costs. This is quite interesting as my employer presently pays my costs.

They don't just call at home but also at work and on my mobile.

When I ask them who gave them my number they tend to be vague. One said it was a friend of mine, who they refuse to identify. They wanted to come to my house and discuss and I said OK. They said, where do you live. I said ask my friend. That really got them upset.

Have others had these calls too?
I get a lot of "missed" calls - IE calls I don't pick up if I don't recognise the number. I then google the number and 99% are flagged as these types of numbers.

They come in waves - 3 a day for 2 days and then nothing for months.

Next time I may answer I'll just have figure out the german for "Cancer of the penis"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:00
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 1,158
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 1,310 Times in 596 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Yes, loads. I started with explaining, now my response is "get lost" as soon as I hear "Krankenkasse".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:00
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mostly Zurich
Posts: 5,047
Groaned at 29 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 12,330 Times in 3,169 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Quote:
View Post
I have recently had a spate of calls from people wishing to discuss my health insurance with me, promising they could help me save costs. This is quite interesting as my employer presently pays my costs.

They don't just call at home but also at work and on my mobile.

When I ask them who gave them my number they tend to be vague. One said it was a friend of mine, who they refuse to identify. They wanted to come to my house and discuss and I said OK. They said, where do you live. I said ask my friend. That really got them upset.

Have others had these calls too?

I haven't, but plenty of others have
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:18
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,522
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,548 Times in 4,684 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

I discovered my Android mobile has a facility where I can set certain telephone numbers to be automatically rejected; recommend this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:29
jogpsa's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: hills-above-Aarau
Posts: 97
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 121 Times in 47 Posts
jogpsa has earned some respectjogpsa has earned some respect
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Quote:
View Post
.... When I ask them who gave them my number they tend to be vague. One said it was a friend of mine, who they refuse to identify. They wanted to come to my house and discuss and I said OK. They said, where do you live. I said ask my friend. That really got them upset.

Have others had these calls too?
such smart answers come usually to my mind AFTER I hung up the phone...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:32
adrianlondon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,813
Groaned at 189 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 24,328 Times in 6,539 Posts
adrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Are they representing Assura? I know nothing about that company, and will now never use them anyway, but i get spammers saying they represent them trying to join my Facebook groups all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:33
slammer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lummerland
Posts: 3,662
Groaned at 79 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 5,789 Times in 2,131 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance cold calling

Quote:
View Post
I get a lot of "missed" calls - IE calls I don't pick up if I don't recognise the number. I then google the number and 99% are flagged as these types of numbers.

They come in waves - 3 a day for 2 days and then nothing for months.

Next time I may answer I'll just have figure out the german for "Cancer of the penis"
"Schwanzkrebs"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20.08.2015, 12:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Zurich, CH
Posts: 75
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
oosoo has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance cold calling

I got these this week as well, 1-2 per day, very annoying.

I ended up telling them I just moved to CH recently and can they recommend a insurance, they said then they cannot "be of help", so I asked them to remove my contact from the list.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cold calling, health insurance




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can i stop the Cold Calling? ShaysLou TV/internet/telephone 34 15.06.2016 13:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0