| || |
| || || |
| || |
Im a new and full time student in Geneva and I need to have a mandatory health insurance..
Ive checked some companies in Geneva but they are too expensive ..and also I've heard that Swisscare is the best option for students but it isn't in the list of health insurance companies that canton de geneve sent to me so I'm not sure whether it is eligible for the canton de geneva or not ?!
I appreciate if anyone helps me through this ..
Can I choose Swisscare if not which health insurance do you offer ?
| || || |
The ETH Zurich has a health insurance page in English that might assist you. This is the section on Swisscare, but would encourage you to read the full page at the link below:
"Swisscare offers a special package to international students at very cheap rates. However, Swisscare doesn't operate under the KVG law, so you will need an "exemption from the Swiss health insurance obligation according to the KVG law" if you decide to take this package!
Premiums are currently (Sept 2015) as follows:
- CHF 79.50 (with an annual deductible of CHF 500)
- CHF 95.50 (with an annual deductible of CHF 300)
In addition, you will have to pay the standard cost contribution of 10%.
Please go ahead as follows:
- Wait for the letter from the authorities informing you that you need a health insurance (this happens AFTER you applied for a residence permit). Fill in the name of the insurance company you are going to choose under "Name der aktuellen Krankenkasse" on the first sheet and send it back using the return envelope you received.
- Visit www.swisscare.ch, read everything carefully, compare the 3 different insurance plans (Standard, Comfort, Premium, check "benefits") and decide on which one suits you best.
- Choose "Swiss plans" -> "Student insurance" -> "3 months +".
- Complete the online application procedure (7 steps).
- Open the confirmation email and follow the instructions regarding the exemption from the KVG insurance obligation! It is extremely important to do this immediately!
- Wait for the decision from the health authorities regarding your exemption from the KVG insurance obligation.
NOT available if you live in one of the following cantons: Aargau, Neuchâtel, Ticino."