Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 18.05.2011, 14:55
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ticino & London
Posts: 1,943
Groaned at 170 Times in 93 Posts
Thanked 1,129 Times in 619 Posts
Cashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond reputeCashboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Lets us try and make this a bit more interesting. Similarly the maid was forced to perform oral sex.

Maybe we could get some female feedback.

How come often when women are raped, they are forced to give blow-jobs.
Surely any rape would stop with the simple defence of a sharp bite?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 18.05.2011, 14:55
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,445
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,514 Times in 3,042 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Best source of informations:
1.http://www.nationalenquirer.com/
2.EF
3.Blick
4. Add your owen
5.Me
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 18.05.2011, 14:57
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,445
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,514 Times in 3,042 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Lets us try and make this a bit more interesting. Similarly the maid was forced to perform oral sex.

Maybe we could get some female feedback.

How come often when women are raped, they are forced to give blow-jobs.
Surely any rape would stop with the simple defence of a sharp bite?
Two hands two balls Two balls in your hand good evidence
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 18.05.2011, 15:00
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,200
Groaned at 51 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 8,079 Times in 2,949 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
How come often when women are raped, they are forced to give blow-jobs.
They don't want to die?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 18.05.2011, 15:02
Lejoker's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 570
Groaned at 20 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 284 Times in 180 Posts
Lejoker has no particular reputation at present
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Lets us try and make this a bit more interesting. Similarly the maid was forced to perform oral sex.

Maybe we could get some female feedback.

How come often when women are raped, they are forced to give blow-jobs.
Surely any rape would stop with the simple defence of a sharp bite?
It is also possible that the woman was toothless? then, the sharp bite would turn into a tight squeeze yielding unwanted lava-like liquids ...DO NOT VISUALIZE!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 18.05.2011, 15:08
m_dalloway's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 327
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
m_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputation
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault



Assuming they are all lying, that's quite some conspiracy.

"J'ai 14 copines qui m'ont dit 'il a essayé de me sauter." ("I know 14 friends who told me he tried to attack me.")

The guy in the video is Thierry Ardisson, one of France's most known tv hosts. I doubt he would spread those accusations without having valid back up and loose his credibility over this?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 18.05.2011, 15:10
chiguy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 511
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 322 Times in 190 Posts
chiguy has an excellent reputationchiguy has an excellent reputationchiguy has an excellent reputationchiguy has an excellent reputation
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
The right to freedom of expression is related to the right to a fair trial.

So instead of posting accusations you should moderate your comments.

I would accept "The same rights you seem...".

Also, freedom of expression may not limit the right to privacy, as well as the honor and reputation of others.

Which was definitely not the case against that man.
Quote:
But yes I had nothing to say about "him being guilty" because I could only see that everywhere. So I suggested other elements going against the version "innocent victim".
You seem to have seen media accounts that said DSK was guilty. I would like to see you provide a source, particularly in the US media, that says he's guilty. You will, of course, see countless articles that say he's been accused of and charged with committing the listed crimes and that detail certain aspects of the police's case against him. But I suspect you won't see 1 single article in the mainstream US media that says he's guilty. Maybe the rights of the press are different in the US vs. France, but in the US, the media is free to report when people are charged with crimes. In the US, we understand that this is the way things are done and that the defendant naturally has the presumption of innocence.

Quote:
You'd do a better job by not commenting at all...

Especially if you are not capable of standing for someone's basic rights of expression.
You seem to believe I misinterpreted this comment. I may have. Just for the sake of accuracy, how should I interpret such a comment? Are you not telling the other poster not to comment?
__________________
Something witty.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 18.05.2011, 15:28
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,619
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,473 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post


Assuming they are all lying, that's quite some conspiracy.

"J'ai 14 copines qui m'ont dit 'il a essayé de me sauter." ("I know 14 friends who told me he tried to attack me.")

The guy in the video is Thierry Ardisson, one of France's most known tv hosts. I doubt he would spread those accusations without having valid back up and loose his credibility over this?
Not really-
"essayer de me sauter" means he tried to shag them. (not attack them).

Which you are quoting so they litterally said that instead of "il a essayer de me violer" meaning "he tried to rape me".

He admited himself he likes women. There's difference between try to shag them and try to rape them.

So because Ardisson is part of France most known TV host gives him credibility????

Yeah right.
You doubt he would spread.. blabla. The point of his TV show is to "surf" on gossip and "buzz"!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
  #129  
Old 18.05.2011, 16:30
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Graubünden
Posts: 640
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Not really-
"essayer de me sauter" means he tried to shag them. (not attack them).

Which you are quoting so they litterally said that instead of "il a essayer de me violer" meaning "he tried to rape me".

He admited himself he likes women. There's difference between try to shag them and try to rape them.

So because Ardisson is part of France most known TV host gives him credibility????

Yeah right.
You doubt he would spread.. blabla. The point of his TV show is to "surf" on gossip and "buzz"!
We dont care what you say, monsieur, DSK is going down.

One thing is for sure, even if it was con-sensual sex, DSK was stupid enough to fall for it!!

I mean you have a certain position and planning to run for presidential elections as opposition to someone like Sarkozy and you fall for it with a maid??!! I mean thats just so Tiger Woods!!!

If you have to do it, do a Bill Clinton, atleast you dont go to jail and on top provide LULZ for the rest of the world!

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - He was under oath and he could not lie, so probably he meant Hilary Clinton when he said that woman!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 18.05.2011, 16:32
grumpygit's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: geneva
Posts: 1,476
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,508 Times in 695 Posts
grumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Not really-
"essayer de me sauter" means he tried to shag them. (not attack them).

Which you are quoting so they litterally said that instead of "il a essayé de me violer" meaning "he tried to rape me".

He admited himself he likes women. There's difference between try to shag them and try to rape them.

So because Ardisson is part of France most known TV host gives him credibility????

Yeah right.
You doubt he would spread.. blabla. The point of his TV show is to "surf" on gossip and "buzz"!
there you go
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 18.05.2011, 16:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 210 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

To me, it is just a case of cultural difference that just went very wrong. In the US, it does not take much to be considered "invasive" or "intrusive" in the personal intimate space. Strauss Kahn is not a gentleman in France either, but women just find him crude/gross/clumsy/rude and just find the way out. The same thing in the US is a sexual assault big time. If you add the relative line between being insistent and being forcing one's way forward, then you end up in a French bed or a US prison for the exact same thing.

It was the responsibility of Strauss Kahn to do his homework.
__________________
Es wird nichts ausgelassen, um mich hier herauszuekeln. Ein Lehrbuch. False accusations and attacks continue. There is no stopping righteous people when they are wrong.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
This user groans at Faltrad for this post:
  #132  
Old 18.05.2011, 20:47
rrs rrs is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 986
Groaned at 105 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 348 Times in 226 Posts
rrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthy
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Not really-
"essayer de me sauter" means he tried to shag them. (not attack them).

Which you are quoting so they litterally said that instead of "il a essayer de me violer" meaning "he tried to rape me".

He admited himself he likes women. There's difference between try to shag them and try to rape them.

So because Ardisson is part of France most known TV host gives him credibility????

Yeah right.
You doubt he would spread.. blabla. The point of his TV show is to "surf" on gossip and "buzz"!
so if he tried to shag them, and they said no, that's not rape?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 18.05.2011, 20:58
Lejoker's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 570
Groaned at 20 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 284 Times in 180 Posts
Lejoker has no particular reputation at present
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
so if he tried to shag them, and they said no, that's not rape?
That would be them refusing an offer...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Lejoker for this useful post:
  #134  
Old 18.05.2011, 21:32
rrs rrs is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 986
Groaned at 105 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 348 Times in 226 Posts
rrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthy
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
To me, it is just a case of cultural difference that just went very wrong. In the US, it does not take much to be considered "invasive" or "intrusive" in the personal intimate space. Strauss Kahn is not a gentleman in France either, but women just find him crude/gross/clumsy/rude and just find the way out. The same thing in the US is a sexual assault big time. If you add the relative line between being insistent and being forcing one's way forward, then you end up in a French bed or a US prison for the exact same thing.

It was the responsibility of Strauss Kahn to do his homework.
Think this is far beyond cultural differences. So you are implying that if the victim was French she would have just said c'est le vie. The criminal complaint:http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/st...mplaint?page=0
Where does he get the right to excuse his alleged behaviour? So rape in France is just part of the seduction game? And the alleged victim is not from the originally, so to just say it's a cultural difference is quite sickening and disturbing. I hope no one you love or care about is ever in the same situation as the alleged victim.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 18.05.2011, 21:42
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,119
Groaned at 927 Times in 723 Posts
Thanked 19,680 Times in 9,466 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
so if he tried to shag them, and they said no, that's not rape?
If he only 'tried', then no.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
This user groans at st2lemans for this post:
  #136  
Old 18.05.2011, 21:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 210 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Think this is far beyond cultural differences. So you are implying that if the victim was French she would have just said c'est le vie.
It already happened in 2007 with Tristane Banon. She was pissed off and even talked about it publicly in a late night show, but didn't go legal, her choice. If it had been in the US, DSK would have been charged already then.
That does not excuse his behaviour at all... on the contrary! It is unacceptable to do that in the US with legal consequences, it is not acceptable in France with only moral judgement. This difference is just a fact that I refered to.
There is NOTHING in my posts on this thread that excuses or even explains his deeds. I am just reasonning on two facts and put them into persepective on their respective cultural and specific context. There is nothing judgemental in that, I am not defending him, on the contrary, I am stating explicitely that what is happening to him now is absolutely logical, the alleged facts having taken place on US territory. He is in a perfectly normal situation where he is, and this normality was different when he did it somewhere else.

Are my messages that difficult to understand?
__________________
Es wird nichts ausgelassen, um mich hier herauszuekeln. Ein Lehrbuch. False accusations and attacks continue. There is no stopping righteous people when they are wrong.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
  #137  
Old 18.05.2011, 21:58
rrs rrs is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 986
Groaned at 105 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 348 Times in 226 Posts
rrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthy
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
It already happened in 2007 with Tristane Banon. She was pissed off and even talked about it publicly in a late night show, but didn't go legal, her choice. If it had been in the US, DSK would have been charged already then.
That does not excuse his behaviour at all... on the contrary! It is unacceptable to do that in the US with legal consequences, it is not acceptable in France with only moral judgement. This difference is just a fact that I refered to.
There is NOTHING in my posts on this thread that excuses or even explains his deeds. I am just reasonning on two facts and put them into persepective on their respective cultural and specific context. There is nothing judgemental in that, I am not defending him, on the contrary, I am stating explicitely that what is happening to him now is absolutely logical, the alleged facts having taken place on US territory. He is in a perfectly normal situation where he is, and this normality was different when he did it somewhere else.

Are my messages that difficult to understand?
The US would have still needed the victim's testimony, without it they probably wouldn't have much of a case. Is the case similiar to what was alleged in the criminal complaint? Would most French regard his alleged behaviour normal?
Actually your posts are hard to understand. What does it's was his responsibility to do his homework mean. Find a victim, that wouldn't have reported his alleged criminal behaviour to the police?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 18.05.2011, 21:59
rrs rrs is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 986
Groaned at 105 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 348 Times in 226 Posts
rrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthyrrs is considered unworthy
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
If he only 'tried', then no.

Tom
Yes technically, it's attempted rape.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rrs for this useful post:
  #139  
Old 18.05.2011, 22:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 210 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
Would most French regard his alleged behaviour normal?
Well, what is normal anyway... but no, this kind of behaviour is not regarded as socially acceptable. Nevertheless, France has a totally different sexual culture than the US. Totally. DSK did know that, he pays the price. All logical to me. Whether this is right or wrong, I will not say here.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 18.05.2011, 22:09
MrVertigo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 3,062
Groaned at 77 Times in 65 Posts
Thanked 5,276 Times in 2,055 Posts
MrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D. Strauss-Kahn IMF Director accused of sexual assault

Quote:
View Post
The US would have still needed the victim's testimony, without it they probably wouldn't have much of a case. Is the case similiar to what was alleged in the criminal complaint? Would most French regard his alleged behaviour normal?
No. Rape is not normal...even in France. But sexually active and having a lot of affairs is considered as private matter and has no consequence on political life. YOu have to know that a famous french president died while a prostitute was taking care of him Only french will smile at the famous joke "Il rêvait de César, il mourut Pompée" .

Quote:
View Post
Actually your posts are hard to understand. What does it's was his responsibility to do his homework mean. Find a victim, that wouldn't have reported his alleged criminal behaviour to the police?
Pretty clear. It's up to DSK to know where is the line that he should not cross in the US.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dsk, france, presidential elections, sexual abuse




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'I'm French, f--- you!': smoker on flight charged with assault jrspet International affairs/politics 18 12.01.2011 15:38
US is going down the toilett / IMF declares US bancrupt OtherOne International affairs/politics 24 18.08.2010 11:33
GBH ? , assault with intent ? , assault with a concealed weapon? ... grynch General off-topic 8 17.03.2010 16:53
Assault at the bottle bank Tiabelle Complaints corner 122 01.05.2009 10:35


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0