Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 23.01.2015, 10:59
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Basel-Land of Smiles
Posts: 4,773
Groaned at 91 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 12,711 Times in 4,143 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
I don't have a problem with people of any religion, color etc to be part of my society. I have a problem with brainwashed wits that kill innocent people that did absolutely nothing to them or anybody. Imagine one morning you arrive at work, just like any other day, boom, you are killed. You have a family, all your life in front of you? Why should we let such things happen?
The crime is called murder and we have laws to punish murderers. British law was good enough to deal with decades of IRA terrorism, and absolutely nothing has changed. By creating a parallel legal system with special terms and the suspension of basic rights you are inviting abuse of the system. I trust governments about as much as I would trust an email from a Nigerian Prince.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #82  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:00
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bern
Posts: 70
Groaned at 42 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 82 Posts
farmadoc has earned some respectfarmadoc has earned some respect
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Distorting what has been said here, much?
No, you said you wanted to execute returnees. And 5 year old child soldiers.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at farmadoc for this post:
  #83  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,112
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,071 Times in 3,282 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
No, you said you wanted to execute returnees. A 5 year old child soldiers.

No, I didn't. Stop lying. (probably other poster?)

Really, if you want this discussion to continue and make people see your point, accusing them of things they didn't do it's not quite the right method. In fact, you might achieve the opposite.

I do believe in rehabilitation in general, and talking about the people who are the subject of this thread and NOT about the hypothetical 5 y.o. you conveniently brought up into discussion, but not in double standards. If they are guilty of murder, rape, or anything else they should be brought to justice, then we talk about rehabilitation, if it is possible.

Last edited by greenmount; 23.01.2015 at 11:12.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:07
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bern
Posts: 70
Groaned at 42 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 82 Posts
farmadoc has earned some respectfarmadoc has earned some respect
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
No, I didn't. Stop lying. (probably other poster?)

Really, if you want this discussion to continue and make people see your point, accusing them of things they didn't do it's not quite the right method. In fact, you might achieve the opposite.
You're correct. It was Medea Fleecestealer.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank farmadoc for this useful post:
  #85  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:07
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Schaffhausen
Posts: 219
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 148 Times in 78 Posts
jwlhall has earned the respect of manyjwlhall has earned the respect of manyjwlhall has earned the respect of many
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
I don't have a problem with people of any religion, color etc to be part of my society. I have a problem with brainwashed wits that kill innocent people that did absolutely nothing to them or anybody. Imagine one morning you arrive at work, just like any other day, boom, you are killed. You have a family, all your life in front of you? Why should we let such things happen?

It's not extremist to say that we need to get rid of them for good. They are people that mass murder, slaughter etc so they don't deserve for us to pay them jail nor rehabilitate them.
Sounds like a good solution for the likes of Blair, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. too!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:07
Meeyat's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 680
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 874 Times in 349 Posts
Meeyat has a reputation beyond reputeMeeyat has a reputation beyond reputeMeeyat has a reputation beyond reputeMeeyat has a reputation beyond reputeMeeyat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

I am not sure since when jihadist = mass murderer.

If a person commited a murder, war crime, or attrocity, that is surely answerable in front of the law.

On the other hand, if a person volunteer to go to fight for a cause, should that person be executed? I mean, by that logic also Christians that volunteer to go to war should be equally penalized. You have to agree that a Christian going to fight there (defending their Christian brothers) is doing the same thing, right?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bern
Posts: 70
Groaned at 42 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 82 Posts
farmadoc has earned some respectfarmadoc has earned some respect
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Sounds like a good solution for the likes of Blair, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld etc. too!
You people really have to stop voting for the guys youre demonizing, seriously.

Quote:
View Post
I am not sure since when jihadist = mass murderer.

If a person commited a murder, war crime, or attrocity, that is surely answerable in front of the law.

On the other hand, if a person volunteer to go to fight for a cause, should that person be executed? I mean, by that logic also Christians that volunteer to go to war should be equally penalized. You have to agree that a Christian going to fight there (defending their Christian brothers) is doing the same thing, right?
One is defence, the other is attack.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:15
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
On the other hand, if a person volunteer to go to fight for a cause, should that person be executed? I mean, by that logic also Christians that volunteer to go to war should be equally penalized. You have to agree that a Christian going to fight there (defending their Christian brothers) is doing the same thing, right?
Murder is illegal. A professional soldier in war is operating within the boundaries of law. Unless one takes the perspective of negating International and Western laws as invalid, and Jihadist laws as valid, which is really what this ideological war is about. So in short, it depends on which side of the ideological war you are on.

Most Westerners are too ignorant to understand that this conflict is about the principles and values of their societies and cultures against the Jihadists'. Its a war between modernism and anti-modernism. So without getting a good grasp on this understanding, the West has already lost. Fortunately, not all Western intelligentsia have surrendered yet.

Last edited by Phos; 23.01.2015 at 11:52.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
  #89  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:27
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,112
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,071 Times in 3,282 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
I am not sure since when jihadist = mass murderer.

If a person commited a murder, war crime, or attrocity, that is surely answerable in front of the law.

On the other hand, if a person volunteer to go to fight for a cause, should that person be executed? I mean, by that logic also Christians that volunteer to go to war should be equally penalized. You have to agree that a Christian going to fight there (defending their Christian brothers) is doing the same thing, right?
But is the Islamic State a "cause"?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:33
Linnéa UZH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hünenberg/Tannay/Kenilworth IL
Posts: 150
Groaned at 30 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 194 Times in 104 Posts
Linnéa UZH is considered knowledgeableLinnéa UZH is considered knowledgeableLinnéa UZH is considered knowledgeable
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
do you have a link for the first sentence? not the second.
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz/...story/24199871

http://www.lematin.ch/suisse/retrait...story/20968644

It's very hard for the Swiss government to revoke citizenship as a punishment. Most Swiss politicians believe that citizenship isn't a license the federal govt can take away for misbehavior, unless it was acquired by fraud, fake marriage (Scheinehe), giving false information...
Many Swiss cantons (especially VD and GE) have always been reluctant to enforce immigration law and for many years they were naturalizing "à tour de bras".

Despite tougher laws on foreign nationals, we have difficulties deporting aliens who are convicted felons (our prisons are full of incarcerated Georgians, Romanians, Guineans...) and most end of being released instead of being deported.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Linnéa UZH for this useful post:
  #91  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:36
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bern
Posts: 70
Groaned at 42 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 82 Posts
farmadoc has earned some respectfarmadoc has earned some respect
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz/...story/24199871

http://www.lematin.ch/suisse/retrait...story/20968644

It's very hard for the Swiss government to revoke citizenship as a punishment. Most Swiss politicians believe that citizenship isn't a license the federal govt can take away for misbehavior, unless it was acquired by fraud, fake marriage (Scheinehe), giving false information...
Many Swiss cantons (especially VD and GE) have always been reluctant to enforce immigration law and for many years they were naturalizing "à tour de bras".

Despite tougher laws on foreign nationals, we have difficulties deporting aliens who are convicted felons (our prisons are full of incarcerated Georgians, Romanians, Guineans...) and most end of being released instead of being deported.

Also, clearly, revocation/deportation only applies in persons with dual citizenship.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank farmadoc for this useful post:
  #92  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:37
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Is there a notion of treason in Switzerland or any other European countries anymore? I know there is in the US. A question is if some of these terrorists commit treason, which may put them in a different category altogether. As open as Western society is, it will not survive without some sense or instinct of self-preservation.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:42
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: geneve
Posts: 737
Groaned at 328 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 1,374 Times in 546 Posts
idefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of many
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Also, clearly, revocation/deportation only applies in persons with dual citizenship.
OK, cool.

The people born and bred in CH who joined ISIS to fight in Syria should be deported to the Syrian government for the involvement of terrorist activities on Syrian soil.

We can be nice and let them keep the red book, no problem.

But something tells me that they won't be getting government jobs in Syria...
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:44
Corbets's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zug, CH
Posts: 2,839
Groaned at 155 Times in 111 Posts
Thanked 5,382 Times in 1,839 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Distorting what has been said here, much?
Hmm. Let's check that, shall we?

Quote:
View Post
Of course, I wouldn't waste the money keeping them in jail for the rest of their lives. Execution is what they deserve. Do unto others and all that. They want to kill people who don't share their beliefs, well that works fine for me. They don't share mine of live and let live so good riddance.
Quote:
View Post
I think it's too late for education and that they should be kicked badly.
As for the idiots who are trying to defend them, they deserved the same treatment if not worse for misusing their alleged intelligence.
Quote:
View Post
These are trash, and just like trash, should be disposed of.
Quote:
View Post
He knows what a gun is and what it does so no excuse of "oh, he's just a child".
Quote:
View Post
despite decades of trying to convince myself otherwise, I remain hopelessly bearish on the concept of "rehabilitation".
And of course, the winner:

Quote:
View Post
A 1 EUR worth of 1 7.62mm bullet in the back of the head is the proper AND ONLY rehabilitation for these terrorists.
Nope, I don't think I've distorted anything at all. Perhaps I've just taken the time to actually read what was written.

(note that the above is taken out of context, in particular BokerTov's quote, but my characterization of the conversation appears to be accurate)
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Corbets for this useful post:
  #95  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:45
MidfieldGeneral's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,415
Groaned at 54 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 2,572 Times in 1,083 Posts
MidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
OK, cool.

The people born and bred in CH who joined ISIS to fight in Syria should be deported to the Syrian government for the involvement of terrorist activities on Syrian soil.

We can be nice and let them keep the red book, no problem.

But something tells me that they won't be getting government jobs in Syria...
what would you do with white Swiss Jihadists with a proper Heimat Ort?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:48
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: geneve
Posts: 737
Groaned at 328 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 1,374 Times in 546 Posts
idefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of many
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
what would you do with white Swiss Jihadists with a proper Heimat Ort?
Deport them to the Syrian authorities? Why do we even have to discuss it? They are terrorists just like anybody else.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,112
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,071 Times in 3,282 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Murder is illegal. A professional soldier in war is operating within the boundaries of law. Unless one takes the perspective of negating Western laws as invalid, and Jihadist laws as valid, which is really what the ideological war is about. So in short, it depends on which side of the ideological war you are on.

Most Westerners are too ignorant to understand that this conflict is about the principles of their society and culture against the Jihadists. Its a war between modernism and anti-modernism. So without getting a good grasp on this understanding, the West has already lost. Fortunately, not all Western intelligentsia have surrendered yet.
No, I think most people understand very well what is happening and can make their own opinion. Don't make the mistake to conclude that if it's not happening on EF (and it's not), there aren't serious discussions on this subject. And it's not about extremist measures here or accusing all people who happen to follow the same religion (that would be absurd). Of course there are many useful idiots, true, but I don't think they represent the majority.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:52
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,410
Groaned at 141 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 14,607 Times in 6,215 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
On the other hand, if a person volunteer to go to fight for a cause, should that person be executed? I mean, by that logic also Christians that volunteer to go to war should be equally penalized. You have to agree that a Christian going to fight there (defending their Christian brothers) is doing the same thing, right?
Switzerland is especially sensitive to these issues as it has had a messy history with mercenaries and has attempted to draw a clear line under this and prevent it happeneing again. So Swiss citizens (or foreigners settled in Switzerland) going to a foreign war outside the scope of that sanctioned by the government is a clear no-go. This counts for Islamic Jihadists as much as it does for armed "security" companies.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:54
MidfieldGeneral's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,415
Groaned at 54 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 2,572 Times in 1,083 Posts
MidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond reputeMidfieldGeneral has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
Deport them to the Syrian authorities? Why do we even have to discuss it? They are terrorists just like anybody else.
do you think that the Swiss authorities will deport a Swiss National with a Heimat Ort of Chur to Assad's Authorities in Syria because he is a Jihadist?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 23.01.2015, 11:55
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Basel-Land of Smiles
Posts: 4,773
Groaned at 91 Times in 73 Posts
Thanked 12,711 Times in 4,143 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslim terrorists to get state jobs and free shrinks if they decide to leave ISIS

Quote:
View Post
OK, cool.

The people born and bred in CH who joined ISIS to fight in Syria should be deported to the Syrian government for the involvement of terrorist activities on Syrian soil
Perhaps you should go over and live in Syria since you seem to be such a fan of biblical/Shariah justice. Just to make it very clear to you no European country (or Canada, Australia, S.Africa, New Zeland etc..) will ever extradite a person if there is any chance that they may either be tortured or face capital punishment. It will NEVER happen, so get it out of your head.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US kill over 1147 people with drones... to get to 41 terrorists. Treverus International affairs/politics 147 07.12.2014 12:01
They do not want to speak French even if they can... happyrobbie Language corner 63 05.09.2014 18:03
5 years to get a C permit: what if i leave and come back ? varioplus Permits/visas/government 3 20.09.2012 19:48
Can they cut his salary and what if this leads to stress leave? sloaneytiger Employment 0 21.10.2009 20:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0