Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
View Poll Results: Will they find that many were Syrian refugees?
Yes 44 40.74%
No 64 59.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 16.02.2016, 10:23
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St Gallen Kanton
Posts: 640
Groaned at 142 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 1,107 Times in 506 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

From the same article:


"A refugee is commonly understood to mean either an individual who has been granted asylum or someone who has fled a conflict zone."


Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia do not fall into this category. Thus, people from these countries cant really be described as refugees.


Mr Bremer has been lost in translation, I expect.


The poll that started this thread asked if many were refugees from Syria. Not Algeria, Morocco or Tunisia. Don't really see how you could call them refugees.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank J2488 for this useful post:
  #802  
Old 16.02.2016, 13:27
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BE
Posts: 107
Groaned at 24 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 458 Times in 181 Posts
kriss kross is considered a nuisancekriss kross is considered a nuisancekriss kross is considered a nuisance
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

That's right, they are not genuine refugees, just like the majority of the migrants heading to EU. This is a huge part of the quagmire Europe is currently facing.
But would you not agree that the majority of offenders are most likely recent arrivals who masqueraded their way here with the refugees?

Perhaps we should update the vote to ask "Will they find out that the majority of attackers came from predominately muslim countries who illegally entered Europe under the false pretext of being a refugee?"
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #803  
Old 16.02.2016, 14:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich Unterland
Posts: 3,318
Groaned at 145 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,930 Posts
smoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Except it doesn't. Or rather, not only. The amount of punishment is explicitly excluded from being a criteria, as is using reason by a judge; deportation is mandatory once the respective article(s) are ruled to have been broken.

A petty crime such as climbing thru your neighbors open window (article 186), breaking an ordinary coffee cup (art. 144) and stealing an apple (art. 139) would have you mandatorily deported just like an armed robbery would.

From the Initiative:
"Das Gericht oder die Staatsanwaltschaft verweist Ausländerinnen und Ausländer, die wegen einer der folgenden strafbaren Handlungen verurteilt werden, unabhängig von der Höhe der Strafe aus dem Gebiet der Schweiz:
[..]
c. Einbruchsdelikt durch kumulative Erfüllung der Straftatbestände des Diebstahls (Art. 139 StGB), der Sachbeschädigung (Art. 144 StGB) und des Hausfriedensbruchs (Art. 186 StGB);"
Well, despite associating a broken coffee cup and "climbing through your neighbors window" (do you habitually climb through your neighbors windows? with serious crimes - I do still believe you are mistaken, or not understanding.

For reasons known only to themselves (it would seem) today`s Swiss politicians are totally confusing this voting issue by likening any misdemeanor to include ALL minor issues resulting in deportation. Even old timer Swiss folk are not able to understand this "fight" against each other when seeking a solution to foreigners who are undermining the security of CH.

It seems as though the "greens" are hell-bent on bringing Switzerland down to ground level with the rest of the world as far as crime is concerned?

It is SO easy to avoid deportation. Just obey the rules of the land! Do not climb into other`s house windows, don`t steal, don`t murder, don`t attack people, don`t steal cars or anything else, pay for what you want. Don`t rape women or attack children.

Really, does anyone doubt that personal safety is going (relatively) slowly down the drain here? Do we really have to make an issue about dress codes in Europe? About being religiously dominated by a foreign religion? Why do we have to be concerned about who or when is someone going to open up with machine guns at gatherings? Or blow themselves up in crowded venues?

Want to do criminal stuff? Foreigners may go and do it in their own home countries.

This country was dirt poor a few years ago, gardens were only vegetables, yearly meat was the pig outside back door, poor families farmed their children out so they could get enough to eat (Verdingkinder). Is it time to go back to that status again? No social security/pension as well.

Well, at least with that status all the foreigners may willingly decide to return to their own home countries! Aaahhh, maybe that is the long term plan all along? Wonderful about these debates - does clear the mind a bit, what?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank smoky for this useful post:
This user groans at smoky for this post:
  #804  
Old 16.02.2016, 15:06
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,516
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,531 Times in 4,673 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Well, despite associating a broken coffee cup and "climbing through your neighbors window" (do you habitually climb through your neighbors windows? with serious crimes - I do still believe you are mistaken, or not understanding.

For reasons known only to themselves (it would seem) today`s Swiss politicians are totally confusing this voting issue by likening any misdemeanor to include ALL minor issues resulting in deportation. Even old timer Swiss folk are not able to understand this "fight" against each other when seeking a solution to foreigners who are undermining the security of CH.

It seems as though the "greens" are hell-bent on bringing Switzerland down to ground level with the rest of the world as far as crime is concerned?

It is SO easy to avoid deportation. Just obey the rules of the land! Do not climb into other`s house windows, don`t steal, don`t murder, don`t attack people, don`t steal cars or anything else, pay for what you want. Don`t rape women or attack children.

Really, does anyone doubt that personal safety is going (relatively) slowly down the drain here? Do we really have to make an issue about dress codes in Europe? About being religiously dominated by a foreign religion? Why do we have to be concerned about who or when is someone going to open up with machine guns at gatherings? Or blow themselves up in crowded venues?

Want to do criminal stuff? Foreigners may go and do it in their own home countries.

This country was dirt poor a few years ago, gardens were only vegetables, yearly meat was the pig outside back door, poor families farmed their children out so they could get enough to eat (Verdingkinder). Is it time to go back to that status again? No social security/pension as well.

Well, at least with that status all the foreigners may willingly decide to return to their own home countries! Aaahhh, maybe that is the long term plan all along? Wonderful about these debates - does clear the mind a bit, what?
About "despite associating a broken coffee cup and "climbing through your neighbors window" (do you habitually climb through your neighbors windows? with serious crimes"
Nobody is associating anything with serious crimes!
As Urs Max posted the initiative clearly states people will be deported for minor crimes ; this includes people who were born here and even those whose parents were born here.
Do you really believe people who were born here and whose parents were born here are going to open up with machine guns at gatherings? Or blow themselves up in crowded venues?

About "Even old timer Swiss folk are not able to understand this "fight"" Maybe it is time they learnt good Hochdeutsch so they can understand what is clearly written in this initiative?

About "all the foreigners may willingly decide to return to their own home countries!" Please do stay here with us
Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old 16.02.2016, 15:14
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,079
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,607 Times in 9,434 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
About "Even old timer Swiss folk are not able to understand this "fight"" Maybe it is time they learnt good Hochdeutsch so they can understand what is clearly written in this initiative?
No need to, it's also written in good Italian and French!

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #806  
Old 16.02.2016, 15:22
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,516
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,531 Times in 4,673 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
No need to, it's also written in good Italian and French!

Tom
Then even stranger they "claim" not to understand it or deliberately misinterpret it!
Reply With Quote
  #807  
Old 16.02.2016, 15:34
Kosti's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oranje County
Posts: 488
Groaned at 27 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 871 Times in 364 Posts
Kosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Well, despite associating a broken coffee cup and "climbing through your neighbors window" (do you habitually climb through your neighbors windows? with serious crimes - I do still believe you are mistaken, or not understanding.

For reasons known only to themselves (it would seem) today`s Swiss politicians are totally confusing this voting issue by likening any misdemeanor to include ALL minor issues resulting in deportation. Even old timer Swiss folk are not able to understand this "fight" against each other when seeking a solution to foreigners who are undermining the security of CH.

It seems as though the "greens" are hell-bent on bringing Switzerland down to ground level with the rest of the world as far as crime is concerned?

It is SO easy to avoid deportation. Just obey the rules of the land! Do not climb into other`s house windows, don`t steal, don`t murder, don`t attack people, don`t steal cars or anything else, pay for what you want. Don`t rape women or attack children.

Really, does anyone doubt that personal safety is going (relatively) slowly down the drain here? Do we really have to make an issue about dress codes in Europe? About being religiously dominated by a foreign religion? Why do we have to be concerned about who or when is someone going to open up with machine guns at gatherings? Or blow themselves up in crowded venues?

Want to do criminal stuff? Foreigners may go and do it in their own home countries.

This country was dirt poor a few years ago, gardens were only vegetables, yearly meat was the pig outside back door, poor families farmed their children out so they could get enough to eat (Verdingkinder). Is it time to go back to that status again? No social security/pension as well.

Well, at least with that status all the foreigners may willingly decide to return to their own home countries! Aaahhh, maybe that is the long term plan all along? Wonderful about these debates - does clear the mind a bit, what?
Well what about doing over 80 in a 50 zone twice in ten years?
If this passes, then the above will result in MANDATORY deportation.

The only thing these "debates" are is people talking past each other.

1- "People will be deported for minor crimes"
2- "Rape and assault are not minor crimes!! Appeaser!"
Reply With Quote
  #808  
Old 16.02.2016, 15:50
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,516
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,531 Times in 4,673 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Well what about doing over 80 in a 50 zone twice in ten years?
If this passes, then the above will result in MANDATORY deportation.

The only thing these "debates" are is people talking past each other.

1- "People will be deported for minor crimes"
2- "Rape and assault are not minor crimes!! Appeaser!"
Quote - I agree but about "2- "Rape and assault are not minor crimes!! "

It seems the SVP consider sex with a child as a minor crime because this initiative changes the current law from deportation after one conviction to become deportation after two convictions.

Some people still incorrectly believe this initiative is about "Don`t attack children."
Reply With Quote
  #809  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:16
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,836 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Cologne attacks: Most suspects 'may never be caught'. Well I never.

It's now come out that last year 200,000 migrants had their asylum claims rejected. Of that 21,000 returned home. The rest are still there. Germany's reaction? To send "angry letters". They still don't get it.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160223/germ...-back-migrants
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #810  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:32
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Cologne attacks: Most suspects 'may never be caught'. Well I never.

It's now come out that last year 200,000 migrants had their asylum claims rejected. Of that 21,000 returned home. The rest are still there. Germany's reaction? To send "angry letters". They still don't get it.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160223/germ...-back-migrants
Please tell, how do you intend to deport the other migrants that declined to return home? or those that appealed their deportation?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #811  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:34
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,836 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Please tell, how do you intend to deport the other migrants that declined to return home? or those that appealed their deportation?
Thanks a lot in advance.
That's the point. You can't deport that many without violence.

The only way to stop them is by not allowing them to enter in the first place.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
This user groans at Loz1983 for this post:
  #812  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:37
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
That's the point. You can't deport that many without violence.

The only way to stop them is by not allowing them to enter in the first place.
Then pray tell, how do you intend from preventing people that are already at the borders from entering a country?
Thanks a lot in advance...
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:39
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,079
Groaned at 924 Times in 720 Posts
Thanked 19,607 Times in 9,434 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Then pray tell, how do you intend from preventing people that are already at the borders from entering a country?
With deadly force.

Quote:
View Post
Thanks a lot in advance...
You're welcome!

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #814  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:45
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
With deadly force.
Please elaborate, would like to hear some details.
Deadly force would mean killing. What form of deadly force? Machine Guns? Barbed wire?Mines maybe?
On the other hand, how would you deal with the dead and injured?just leave them where they fall? or bury them? if so, bury them on foreign soil at the border or on home soil? And the injured? tend their wounds? and who foots the bill then? Foreign governments? the victims themselves?Or tax payers?
How would you deal with the press?foreign and abroad? And how would you deal with foreign governments whose citizens you have killed at your borders?
Please elaborate, and again, thanks a lot in advance.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at bature for this post:
  #815  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:45
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,836 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Then pray tell, how do you intend from preventing people that are already at the borders from entering a country?
Thanks a lot in advance...
With walls, fences and armed patrols if necessary. Ask your ancestors, they'll tell you how. Or better still, ask the Afghans that can't get into Macedonia at the moment.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #816  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:49
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
With walls, fences and armed patrols if necessary. Ask your ancestors, they'll tell you how. Or better still, ask the Afghans that can't get into Macedonia at the moment.
Its hard asking ancestors, after all they're dead. On the other hand, my ancestors were german and we all know what they did to the romans who tried to wall them out.
Well then, turning to the afghans at the macedonian border, it seems like they're just going to stay there. Just camp out there in the damp and cold till the elements take them. That still leaves us with the issue of handling the dead; just leave them there or have them buried? Who foots the bill for the burial?
And if leaving them there is the option of choice, what about the health issues of just leaving dead bodies to rot at the borders?
And then how about the press? Social media? and idea on how to deal with them?

Almost forgot, armed patrols won't help much, neither will fences. Armed patrols, if allowed to use force at all(which i doubt) will kill and injure, which results in problems with regards to dealing with dead and injured. Same thing with fences...
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:53
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,836 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
my ancestors were german
Then you should know it worked a treat for them.

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #818  
Old 24.02.2016, 10:56
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Then you should know it worked a treat for them.
Oh i forgot to elaborate; my ancestors were western german and not eastern. My mistake and i do sincerely apologize.

None the less, we all know how good the berlin wall worked i.e. it caused the deaths of over a 100 people and doesn't exist anymore .
You overlooked the questions i asked, i would love to hear your answers. thanks again...
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 24.02.2016, 11:05
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,061
Groaned at 294 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,836 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
None the less, we all know how good the berlin wall worked i.e. it caused the deaths of over a 100 people and doesn't exist anymore .
You overlooked the questions i asked, i would love to hear your answers. thanks again...
I overlooked your questions because they're idiotic. If you're not allowed to enter a country then you don't just sit there and wait to die.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #820  
Old 24.02.2016, 11:08
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
I overlooked your questions because they're idiotic. If you're not allowed to enter a country then you don't just sit there and wait to die.
Why idotic? afterall someone here suggested using "deadly force". All i did was continue with the same thread of thought and asked questions with regards to repercussions rising from the suggested use of "deadly force". Nothing idiotic there at all, just logical.
What do you do then if you are not allowed into a country you ask? well, ever heard of "the Jungle" on the outskirts of Calais? a whhoollleee lot of refugees camped out there at the moment, camped out for a long time too. And currently it seems like thats what of the refugees intend to do; camp out and wait.
Nonetheless, considering that they do, in fact turn around, where do you suggest they go?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 Spanish tourists gang raped in Acapulco. Nil International affairs/politics 0 06.02.2013 10:33
Rape and Assaults in Basel 17clarence Daily life 57 13.06.2012 11:14
British students gang-raped in St. Lucia PaddyG International affairs/politics 0 18.05.2011 14:54
Bloodhound Gang in Davos mark Daily life 2 09.02.2006 21:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0