Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
View Poll Results: What would you personally prefer to happen?
I want the UK to stay in an ever-closer union 49 23.11%
I want the UK to stay in a loosely connected EU 68 32.08%
I want the UK out because the EU is bad for the UK 22 10.38%
I want the UK out because the EU is a bad thing 23 10.85%
I want the UK out because this would be good for the rest of us 17 8.02%
I don't really care 33 15.57%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4921  
Old 30.08.2016, 22:22
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,685 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Its not intentional at all on my part, as I don't know nor care what riles them up or doesn't. I'll just make a point and challenge theirs. That is what a discussion is about.

...
Quote:
View Post
"Just things about its culture and history. " Lost the war of Independence with the USA; that was a big mistake.
Quote:
View Post
The mistake here is still not getting over it after more than two centuries.
Interesting how you feed and sustain a discussion without any personal comments

Last edited by 22 yards; 31.08.2016 at 11:31. Reason: Fixed quote formatting
Reply With Quote
  #4922  
Old 30.08.2016, 23:55
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,685 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
How so? Farage is quite popular. See here:
https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Do...016-charts.pdf

Are you sure you're not driving a personal or political agenda with your mod privileges?
But that was a poll from last June about how well Farage was managing the job of leading UKIP (nothing about his popularity); but he has now resigned from that job so this poll no longer has any relevance

Farage is not even mentioned in the same July and August polls from the same organisation.

The same July poll forecasts UKIP getting only 8% of the votes in a future general election whereas the August poll shows only 6%; presumably reaction to Farage jumping ship?

Theresa May scored 58% in the August poll compared to the 38% "quite popular Farage" you mentioned!

So who is now driving a personal agenda?
Reply With Quote
  #4923  
Old 31.08.2016, 08:52
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,988
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,234 Times in 2,914 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
At the moment, I am not aware of a particular lie he made. Tell me. The thing about lies is that they eventually get found out, and demand payment on their own. I couldn't possibly track every lie made, nor try to attain justice for all of them. I leave that to divine providence, unless it is something I can deal with right there and then. They all lie, don't they?
I would agree, a great many politicians lie, or are at least very economical with the truth.

Farage has distanced himself from the 350 million for the NHS, but only once it was too late, so in a sense he was perfectly happy to tolerate an untruth so long as that served his aim. To my mind this is very close to lying.

I take it that you would expect Trump (or Clinton) to distance himself from any statement by, for example by the KKK, expressing their support? I do.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #4924  
Old 31.08.2016, 09:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,621
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,958 Times in 1,475 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
.

So what does he fight with these passive, rich, arrogant, pedant EU politicians about; their choice of aftershave`?
He fought for the brexit and he won.
Something which seems very unpleasant for you.

PS: for the answers above, check the numerous videos on the EU parliament.
I won't add "and make your opinion" because clearly your views and opinions are printed in iron and won't ever change.
Reply With Quote
  #4925  
Old 31.08.2016, 09:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,120
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,084 Times in 3,289 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
He fought for the brexit and he won.
.
He "fought" this battle in the UK, not in the EU Parliament, while cashing in a "fat EU bureaucrat salary". Oh, the irony.
This guy is so dubious/(shady, crook? I guess this is the word I'm looking for), I can't understand for the life of me how he made it in the UK politics. I mean, I have no illusions left about some people after a few years of EF, but still...
Reply With Quote
  #4926  
Old 31.08.2016, 09:51
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I would agree, a great many politicians lie, or are at least very economical with the truth.

Farage has distanced himself from the 350 million for the NHS, but only once it was too late, so in a sense he was perfectly happy to tolerate an untruth so long as that served his aim. To my mind this is very close to lying.

I take it that you would expect Trump (or Clinton) to distance himself from any statement by, for example by the KKK, expressing their support? I do.
What I've started to notice, which you kind of alluded to in the past, is that most people have a need to lie to themselves. They choose lies which allow them to fill gaps. It may be an emotional gap, perhaps a gap of responsibility, or for some psychological comfort. So in the marketplace of political ideas, there all kinds and assortments of lies being peddled for people to try on for size.

I'm not sure one can really go around debunking all those lies for all people on their behalf. Its like pulling a velvet pillow from underneath a sleeping man's head. We know they would get angry and then accuse you of trolling.

For Trump and Clinton, I doubt they would do any such thing just for the sake of integrity during an election. They might do it if they are sure there is a trade off between the votes they would otherwise gain and lose. Otherwise, they will try to ignore it.
__________________
exceptio probat regulam

Last edited by Phos; 31.08.2016 at 10:09.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
  #4927  
Old 31.08.2016, 10:03
Sbrinz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 10,978
Groaned at 542 Times in 342 Posts
Thanked 10,579 Times in 5,411 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

UK government cabinet meeting being held today, to discuss Brexit.

Speaking on Tuesday, a No 10 spokesman said the government's focus was on establishing the UK's negotiating position and priorities with regard to the EU.

Although MPs would have a say on the timing of talks there was no legal requirement to consult Parliament before Article 50 was activated, he said.

Downing Street has also confirmed that Mrs May will not hold a second referendum or an early general election to give voters the chance to sign off on any deal struck between the UK and the EU.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37219143
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #4928  
Old 31.08.2016, 10:44
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 3,988
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 7,234 Times in 2,914 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
What I've started to notice, which you kind of alluded to in the past, is that most people have a need to lie to themselves. They choose lies which allow them to fill gaps. It may be an emotional gap, perhaps a gap of responsibility, or for some psychological comfort. So in the marketplace of political ideas, there all kinds and assortments of lies being peddled for people to try on for size.

I'm not sure one can really go around debunking all those lies for all people on their behalf. Its like pulling a velvet pillow from underneath a sleeping man's head. We know they would get angry and then accuse you of trolling.

For Trump and Clinton, I doubt they would do any such thing just for the sake of integrity during an election. They might do it if they are sure there is a trade off between the votes they would otherwise gain and lose. Otherwise, they will try to ignore it.
Sort of.

I have stated here on EF and elsewhere that we are all responsible for the lies which we choose to believe. I am ok with that if people are aware that it is a choice, and that it is not a guarantee of any particular exclusively beneficial outcome.

What I mean by that is that if someone believes that by voting party X all will be perfect and there will be no negative effects whatsoever, then they are mistaken.

With few exceptions, the world isn't as simple as the shorthand that we all use to describe it. This applies most particularly to predictions about a future state of affairs which is as fluid and complex as politics.

From a practical standpoint, no, we cannot evaluate every single statement we or others make, and point out all fallacies. What we can do is keep an eye on how much we, or others, oversimplify what is actually very complex. If something takes a great deal of effort to believe, or no effort whatsoever then my radar generally shows a blip. There is a point where shorthand becomes gross misrepresentation.

Perhaps my concept of "truth", and therefore also of lies, is different. I have to admit that I sometimes use "truth" in a Platonic sense, sometimes Aristotelian, and sometimes even lyrically.

I don't hold to be the sole diviner of truth in any of those three senses: for more than 50 years I have doggedly held that Jaguars are the best cars, this in spite of a great many hours spent performing many difficult, expensive, repairs which would have been unnecessary with a different design, so I may well be too lyrical (or simply bloody minded), but I would hardly characterise this as a lie.

People are like that, fortunately.
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.

Last edited by JagWaugh; 31.08.2016 at 11:44. Reason: minor grammar change
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #4929  
Old 31.08.2016, 10:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,621
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,958 Times in 1,475 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
He "fought" this battle in the UK, not in the EU Parliament, while cashing in a "fat EU bureaucrat salary".


Just for how to spoke to them he deserves twice his fat EU salary!

Anyway, let's close the Farage comments, it was a mere example, you seems to make it a scapegoat.
I remind that it's many many many GB citizen who have voted. They are responsible for that event full of opportunities (for the positive people).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
  #4930  
Old 31.08.2016, 10:55
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Sort of.
....
People are like that, fortunately.
Sometimes it is as simple as a preference, and we simply need to respect that. So long as it is admitted as so. But to go around and claim one should decide that for another, because they know better, I think is kind of offensive or oppressive.

Some people can't stand others having an opinion that counters theirs. They fill a need to stomp out opposing opinions, so they try to discredit that person. Whereas I do believe a diversity of opinions is valuable.
Reply With Quote
  #4931  
Old 31.08.2016, 10:57
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 9,688
Groaned at 73 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,754 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
What I've started to notice, which you kind of alluded to in the past, is that most people have a need to lie to themselves. They choose lies which allow them to fill gaps. It may be an emotional gap, perhaps a gap of responsibility, or for some psychological comfort. So in the marketplace of political ideas, there all kinds and assortments of lies being peddled for people to try on for size.

I'm not sure one can really go around debunking all those lies for all people on their behalf. Its like pulling a velvet pillow from underneath a sleeping man's head. We know they would get angry and then accuse you of trolling.

For Trump and Clinton, I doubt they would do any such thing just for the sake of integrity during an election. They might do it if they are sure there is a trade off between the votes they would otherwise gain and lose. Otherwise, they will try to ignore it.
You're kidding right? The internet is chock full of people "debunking" lies (whether it's substantiated or not). People generally LOVE a good debunking and sticking it to the elite in a kind of "Ah-ha! Gotcha!" kind of way.

It's given rise to that shudderingly awful term "sheeple" if you're one of those who doesn't want to start delving into the murky world of conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post:
  #4932  
Old 31.08.2016, 11:02
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You're kidding right? The internet is chock full of people "debunking" lies (whether it's substantiated or not). People generally LOVE a good debunking and sticking it to the elite in a kind of "Ah-ha! Gotcha!" kind of way.

It's given rise to that shudderingly awful term "sheeple" if you're one of those who doesn't want to start delving into the murky world of conspiracy theories.
Something like the Alt-Right? That is exactly what we are seeing in the marketplace of political ideas, and snowflakes are complaining they can't stomache it. Its also why pollsters and pundits can't seem to pin down a lie or narrative that will stick, and then are surprised by election results.

The way I see it, in a marketplace, the value and quality of a product speaks for itself. If someone puts forth a weak product, don't blame the consumers, blame the product.
Reply With Quote
  #4933  
Old 31.08.2016, 11:10
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 9,688
Groaned at 73 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,754 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Something like the Alt-Right? That is exactly what we are seeing in the marketplace of political ideas, and snowflakes are complaining they can't stomache it. Its also why pollsters and pundits can't seem to pin down a lie or narrative that will stick, and then are surprised by election results.

The way I see it, in a marketplace, the value and quality of a product speaks for itself. If someone puts forth a weak product, don't blame the consumers, blame the product.
Trying to work out if the term "snowflake" makes me shudder more than "sheeple". Both put me in mind of a Daily Mail journo, fresh out of journo-school.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post:
  #4934  
Old 31.08.2016, 11:14
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Trying to work out if the term "snowflake" makes me shudder more than "sheeple". Both put me in mind of a Daily Mail journo, fresh out of journo-school.
I didn't take you for one, unless.... How else does one describe the ones who rebut with emotional shrillness to opinions they can't handle? The "indignant" perhaps? When I try to be politically correct.
Reply With Quote
  #4935  
Old 31.08.2016, 11:36
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 9,688
Groaned at 73 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,754 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I didn't take you for one, unless.... How else does one describe the ones who rebut with emotional shrillness to opinions they can't handle? The "indignant" perhaps? When I try to be politically correct.
Dunno - a rebuttal is a rebuttal, isn't it? And "emotional shrillness" isn't really an indication that the opinion can't be handled.

Everyone has got an indigence threshold, nobody's is wrong. It keeps us human and individual.

Soo... Brexit, eh?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post:
  #4936  
Old 31.08.2016, 11:37
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 6,611
Groaned at 188 Times in 147 Posts
Thanked 10,975 Times in 4,534 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
This guy is so dubious/(shady, crook? I guess this is the word I'm looking for), I can't understand for the life of me how he made it in the UK politics.
By checking all the "required character traits" boxes in the UK politician job description.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #4937  
Old 31.08.2016, 12:25
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,685 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I didn't take you for one, unless.... How else does one describe the ones who rebut with emotional shrillness to opinions they can't handle? The "indignant" perhaps? When I try to be politically correct.
Why describe them at all?
Keep to the high ground and avoid personal comments?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #4938  
Old 31.08.2016, 12:35
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Why describe them at all?
Keep to the high ground and avoid personal comments?
Marton, try to do a quick count of how many of your responses are directed at me rather than the point I make. This is one. I don't even bother responding to them as they tend to divert from the point. But its true that its much easier to convey a picture with a few words when I'm bored.
Reply With Quote
  #4939  
Old 31.08.2016, 12:35
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,523
Groaned at 164 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 8,549 Times in 4,685 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
He "fought" this battle in the UK, not in the EU Parliament, while cashing in a "fat EU bureaucrat salary". Oh, the irony.
This guy is so dubious/(shady, crook? I guess this is the word I'm looking for), I can't understand for the life of me how he made it in the UK politics. I mean, I have no illusions left about some people after a few years of EF, but still...
And still keeps collecting his "fat EU bureaucrat salary" despite being "against" the EU and despite the Brexit vote. Wonder how long he plans to do that? Until article 50 is triggered or will he hang on until UK actually has formally left some 2 or 3 years down the road?

Compare with "Britain’s top official in the European Commission announced his resignation on 25 June.

Jonathan Hill, Britain’s European commissioner since 2014, said "it was not right that I should carry on ... as though nothing had happened.”"
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #4940  
Old 31.08.2016, 12:40
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
And still keeps collecting his "fat EU bureaucrat salary" despite being "against" the EU and despite the Brexit vote. Wonder how long he plans to do that? Until article 50 is triggered or will he hang on until UK actually has formally left some 2 or 3 years down the road?

Compare with "Britain’s top official in the European Commission announced his resignation on 25 June.

Jonathan Hill, Britain’s European commissioner since 2014, said "it was not right that I should carry on ... as though nothing had happened.”"
He probably feels its money they've swindled from other countries anyway. And from the salary someone posted, we have low level managers that earn much more than that. I don't really think drawing that money for his position is really as damning.

Let's get to the meat of the matter. Could anyone point out the lies Farage have made, other than the NHS campaign which was covered?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest Referendum, what will be consequences for EU (C permit and B permit) holders? expat2014 Permits/visas/government 3 11.02.2014 08:59
Importing vehicles and the VAT consequences in Switzerland from France BEFO Finance/banking/taxation 6 07.08.2013 15:11
The (Available in CH) Dog Food Review Thread meloncollie Pet corner 44 08.05.2012 20:15
Common-law marriage and consequences in CH Mishto Family matters/health 9 01.10.2011 22:03
Something for the Brits: M&S in CH mark Daily life 11 15.11.2007 12:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0