Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
View Poll Results: Trump next president?
Yes 90 41.47%
No 127 58.53%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2381  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
In the meantime I think Trump supporters in the comfort and safety of SWitzerland, should head back to the USA asap.
Switch out a few words and that sounds like something Trump would say.
The following 2 users would like to thank NomadAmericano for this useful post:
  #2382  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:37
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,156 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
...Some people have taken Trump's win worse than others.
And some supporters are less-than-gracious winners.

Quote:
View Post
And there are ca. 240 million registered voters (population ca. 330 million) so only half bothered to vote?
maybe time to making voting compulsory?
People hate the political system as it is, making it mandatory to vote won't help.
  #2383  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Gotta make space for Hillary and her entourage
A groan for that, Britething? Loosen up.
This user would like to thank NomadAmericano for this useful post:
  #2384  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:43
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
If Bill wasn't impeached (actually he was, but he was acquitted) for getting a nookie in the oval room, I am sure Trump won't for grabbing some ass in his office
Clinton didn't get any nookie. He (quote unquote) never had sexual relations with that woman (Monica L.). In Bill's mind a bj didn't count as sexual relations. Biblical interpretation? He could have said "I never knew that woman" in that case.
DT however was all over anything in a skirt, on a plane, in an elevator, wherever. Makes me think of a certain French diplomat that got stung ...
Fact remains. Women are on file as saying he sexually assaulted them. Is that just supposed to go away now? To evaporate in Drumpf's aura as the new Golden Boy - emperor of the New World Order?
What about the 7000 lawsuits against him by businessmen he's shafted? Will they disappear too? In that case, running for office was nothing more than a cynical money-making calculation in order to rid him of those hounding him, and to open the doors to a whole new scale of lucrative ventures?
Does this whole farce remind anyone of 'Animal Farm' yet?
The following 2 users would like to thank Britething for this useful post:
  #2385  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:47
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 9,960
Groaned at 563 Times in 363 Posts
Thanked 12,584 Times in 5,011 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Clinton didn't get any nookie. He (quote unquote) never had sexual relations with that woman (Monica L.). In Bill's mind a bj didn't count as sexual relations. Biblical interpretation? He could have said "I never knew that woman" in that case.
DT however was all over anything in a skirt, on a plane, in an elevator, wherever. Makes me think of a certain French diplomat that got stung ...
Fact remains. Women are on file as saying he sexually assaulted them. Is that just supposed to go away now? To evaporate in Drumpf's aura as the new Golden Boy - emperor of the New World Order?
What about the 7000 lawsuits against him by businessmen he's shafted? Will they disappear too? In that case, running for office was nothing more than a cynical money-making calculation in order to rid him of those hounding him, and to open the doors to a whole new scale of lucrative ventures?
Does this whole farce remind anyone of 'Animal Farm' yet?
Still a better candidate than Hillary though, just sayin'.
The following 4 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #2386  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Clinton didn't get any nookie. He (quote unquote) never had sexual relations with that woman (Monica L.). In Bill's mind a bj didn't count as sexual relations. Biblical interpretation? He could have said "I never knew that woman" in that case.
DT however was all over anything in a skirt, on a plane, in an elevator, wherever. Makes me think of a certain French diplomat that got stung ...
Fact remains. Women are on file as saying he sexually assaulted them. Is that just supposed to go away now? To evaporate in Drumpf's aura as the new Golden Boy - emperor of the New World Order?
What about the 7000 lawsuits against him by businessmen he's shafted? Will they disappear too? In that case, running for office was nothing more than a cynical money-making calculation in order to rid him of those hounding him, and to open the doors to a whole new scale of lucrative ventures?
Does this whole farce remind anyone of 'Animal Farm' yet?
It doesn't remind me of Animal Farm because that was about commies. But you make good points (excluding your whitewashing of Bill's alleged assaults). Depending on how the lawsuits develope, perhaps Trump should be impeached.
This user would like to thank NomadAmericano for this useful post:
  #2387  
Old 09.11.2016, 21:54
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
It doesn't remind me of Animal Farm because that was about commies. But you make good points (excluding your whitewashing of Bill's alleged assaults). Depending on how the lawsuits develope, perhaps Trump should be impeached.
Since he has his major asset, Chris Christie (that shining star of integrity) in charge of picking the attorney general and any other important nominations, and given that the Republicans now control both houses, I can't imagine the judiciary system working against DT now, can you?
He's just been granted total impunity for any past (and probably any future) crimes. It's a sick system ...
just sayin'.

Last edited by Britething; 09.11.2016 at 21:56. Reason: typo
  #2388  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:01
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,522
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,156 Times in 4,356 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Since he has his major asset, Chris Christie (that shining star of integrity) in charge of picking the attorney general and any other important nominations, and given that the Republicans now control both houses, I can't imagine the judiciary system working against DT now, can you?
He's just been granted total impunity for any past (and probably any future) crimes...
I tend to agree. I don't see the case in Florida about Trump University going much further now that he's president-elect.
  #2389  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:01
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,478
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,334 Times in 5,679 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Clinton didn't get any nookie. He (quote unquote) never had sexual relations with that woman (Monica L.). In Bill's mind a bj didn't count as sexual relations. Biblical interpretation? He could have said "I never knew that woman" in that case.
DT however was all over anything in a skirt, on a plane, in an elevator, wherever. Makes me think of a certain French diplomat that got stung ...
Fact remains. Women are on file as saying he sexually assaulted them. Is that just supposed to go away now? To evaporate in Drumpf's aura as the new Golden Boy - emperor of the New World Order?
What about the 7000 lawsuits against him by businessmen he's shafted? Will they disappear too? In that case, running for office was nothing more than a cynical money-making calculation in order to rid him of those hounding him, and to open the doors to a whole new scale of lucrative ventures?
Does this whole farce remind anyone of 'Animal Farm' yet?
i'm pretty sure a lot of the lawsuits are going to disappear
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #2390  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Since he has his major asset, Chris Christie (that shining star of integrity) in charge of picking the attorney general and any other important nominations, and given that the Republicans now control both houses, I can't imagine the judiciary system working against DT now, can you?
He's just been granted total impunity for any past (and probably any future) crimes. It's a sick system ...
just sayin'.
He can still face criminal charges for crimes committed before he took office, once he leaves office. While in office, he can be sued in civil court for acts done prior to having taken office (as Bill was sued by Paula Jones for sexual harassment committed by Bill when he was Governor of Arkansas), and he can be impeached.
The following 4 users would like to thank NomadAmericano for this useful post:
  #2391  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:05
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
He can still face criminal charges for crimes committed before he took office, once he leaves office. While in office, he can be sued in civil court for acts done prior to having taken office (as Bill was sued by Paula Jones for sexual harassment committed by Bill when he was Governor of Arkansas), and he can be impeached.
OK. Now factor in Republican party intimidation, death threats from the far-leaning loonies, the Second Amendment people and whoever else he got fired up. Can you see many people pursuing him before a court of law in the current context? Honestly?
This user groans at Britething for this post:
  #2392  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
OK. Now factor in Republican party intimidation, death threats from the far-leaning loonies, the Second Amendment people and whoever else he got fired up. Can you see many people pursuing him before a court of law in the current context? Honestly?
Yes, of course. Paula Jones did it. It wasn't easy for her, I'm sure, but she has shown that women can fight back against sexual harassment.

Republican Party intimidation? Any examples?

And the Second Amendment people? What do gun rights supporters care about Trump's sexual harassment cases?
The following 2 users would like to thank NomadAmericano for this useful post:
  #2393  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:16
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, of course. Paula Jones did it. It wasn't easy for her, I'm sure, but she has shown that women can fight back against sexual harassment.

Republican Party intimidation? Any examples?
Erm, excuse me, are you saying it doesn't exist?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...idating-voters

Last edited by Britething; 09.11.2016 at 22:19. Reason: link
  #2394  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 90
Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 491 Times in 262 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
Erm, excuse me, are you saying it doesn't exist?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...idating-voters
What doesn't exist?
  #2395  
Old 09.11.2016, 22:34
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 18,119
Groaned at 927 Times in 723 Posts
Thanked 19,680 Times in 9,466 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
i'm pretty sure a lot of the lawsuits are going to disappear
Indeed, no-one wants Mike Pence for president!

Tom
  #2396  
Old 09.11.2016, 23:05
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 9,714
Groaned at 87 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 11,202 Times in 5,565 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
And some supporters are less-than-gracious winners.
This is true. Even here, far away from all the drama, we get gloaters reaping the victory they did not personally contribute to that much. I still think EF is a little healthier than all the US media schtick.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #2397  
Old 09.11.2016, 23:06
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 3,619
Groaned at 456 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,473 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
It's a shame that nobody is allowed to show genuine negative feelings in these modern times, isn't it? Anyone who speaks out is labelled, their feelings denounced as fake and they are mocked for their inability to maintain the new fangled mantle of "I'm too cool to care".

Sad and cynical times.

This thread has become a bit "bullshit bingo" with all the regurgitated media buzzwords thrown in for effect.
The following 4 users would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
This user groans at CorsebouTheReturn for this post:
  #2398  
Old 09.11.2016, 23:20
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Mwah, ha, ha, ha, ha.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/satire...09-gslobe.html

The following 4 users would like to thank Britething for this useful post:
This user groans at Britething for this post:
  #2399  
Old 09.11.2016, 23:25
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

He did say they were going to pay for it.
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
  #2400  
Old 09.11.2016, 23:30
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be the next US President?

Quote:
View Post
He did say they were going to pay for it.
And Canada's website has crashed. In which direction the exodus, my friend?

I would feel disgusted to be an American tonight, as some of my friends have told me they feel.

This, unfortunately, will be a lesson learnt the hard way. DT won't do anything for the jobless. He's vowed to do away with healthcare (education will be next hit). Is this the way to help the masses out of an economic depression? Truly? And he's the man to do it?
The following 4 users would like to thank Britething for this useful post:
This user groans at Britething for this post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will the next MFK be needed! vvvnaga Transportation/driving 4 20.06.2013 03:13
the next "Come dine with us" will be on Tuesday 8th May Sbrinz Social events 0 04.04.2012 02:00
Anyone will be back from the US soon? Nil Daily life 41 07.09.2010 13:58
Next week I will be mostly... Upthehatters2008 General off-topic 61 10.05.2010 23:21
Vote for next US president here..... Swiss Cheddar International affairs/politics 52 21.11.2008 16:43


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0