Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
View Poll Results: Would you like Marine Le Pen to become president and take France out of the EU?
Yes I want her to become president and take France out of the EU. 7 10.45%
Yes I want her to become president, but France should stay in the EU. 5 7.46%
No I don't want her to become president, but France should leave the EU nonetheless. 4 5.97%
No I don't want her to become president and I don't want France to leave the EU. 41 61.19%
I couldn't care less about Marine Le Pen, France, or the EU. 10 14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:03
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, thanks for posting this. Not referring to you in particular but I sense some joyful remarks on EF and more to come. (I'll bring my popcorn, sit back and relax)

Before that...: this would be very reassuring for the Brexiteers and UK, but Marine Le Pen? Really? Everything for a bit of satisfaction? This lady makes Sarkozy look good, and would be a nice match for Farage. Think of Farage being UK's PM.

Anyhow, I guess this will be the next overly-debated subject in the months to come...hope we'll have fun.

What exactly is the case and problem with Le Pen?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:19
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BE
Posts: 108
Groaned at 24 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 458 Times in 181 Posts
kriss kross is considered unworthykriss kross is considered unworthykriss kross is considered unworthy
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

''Remember, according to leftist logic, not supporting Hillary meant you hated women.

Everyone who doesn't support Marine Le Pen hates women''
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:22
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,064
Groaned at 295 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 5,186 Times in 1,852 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

I want Le Pen to win for the sole reason it will almost inevitably mean the end of the EU.

That and the butt hurt.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,116
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,285 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
''Remember, according to leftist logic, not supporting Hillary meant you hated women.

Everyone who doesn't support Marine Le Pen hates women''
Let's try another joke:

- if you had to choose between Hillary and Trump and still chose Trump, it's because you probably hate women
- if you have to choose between *insert reasonable French male candidate* and Le Pen and still choose Le Pen, you probably love them too much.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 467
Groaned at 33 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 700 Times in 410 Posts
Reb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Watching the BBC news last night, I noticed that during a report on the forthcoming elections in Europe they had on the wall behind the presenter a large photo of Le Pen alongside a small photo of Merkel and a small photo of Sarkozy. I wondered if this would be a sign of things to come and if they're planning to give Le Pen the same kind of coverage as Trump, i.e. Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshisname, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshername, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, etc.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Reb77Br for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 22.11.2016, 17:55
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
''Remember, according to leftist logic, not supporting Hillary meant you hated women.

Everyone who doesn't support Marine Le Pen hates women''
Quote:
View Post
I want Le Pen to win for the sole reason it will almost inevitably mean the end of the EU.

That and the butt hurt.

I'm sure they still will not see the deficiency in their thinking, and instead blame it on stupid racist French people for voting.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 22.11.2016, 18:03
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,411
Groaned at 141 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 14,611 Times in 6,217 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Watching the BBC news last night, I noticed that during a report on the forthcoming elections in Europe they had on the wall behind the presenter a large photo of Le Pen alongside a small photo of Merkel and a small photo of Sarkozy. I wondered if this would be a sign of things to come and if they're planning to give Le Pen the same kind of coverage as Trump, i.e. Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshisname, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshername, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, etc.
I have noticed that the German media used to use the word "rechtsextrem" wenn talking about Le Pen.

These days they tend to be more sparing with that term.

Maybe they are preparing the ground for the day Merkel has to actually go over and shake her hand and de-escalate her degree of Hitlerness so she can actually do that.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 22.11.2016, 18:42
curley's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 634
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 650 Times in 361 Posts
curley has an excellent reputationcurley has an excellent reputationcurley has an excellent reputationcurley has an excellent reputation
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
I want Le Pen to win for the sole reason it will almost inevitably mean the end of the EU.

That and the butt hurt.
Used to be my thoughts entirely but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the price.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #49  
Old 22.11.2016, 19:57
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,064
Groaned at 295 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 5,186 Times in 1,852 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Used to be my thoughts entirely but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the price.
What price? Unless you live in France there is no price. And even then anything is better than that pouting, phallus nosed dwarf who's driven the country into the ground.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Loz1983 for this useful post:
  #50  
Old 22.11.2016, 22:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,116
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,285 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Watching the BBC news last night, I noticed that during a report on the forthcoming elections in Europe they had on the wall behind the presenter a large photo of Le Pen alongside a small photo of Merkel and a small photo of Sarkozy. I wondered if this would be a sign of things to come and if they're planning to give Le Pen the same kind of coverage as Trump, i.e. Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshisname, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, whatshername, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen, etc.
Why am I not surprised...and this will be mirrored on EF too for sure.

Bringing the popcorn....

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 23.11.2016, 00:11
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Let's try another joke:

- if you had to choose between Hillary and Trump and still chose Trump, it's because you probably hate women
- if you have to choose between *insert reasonable French male candidate* and Le Pen and still choose Le Pen, you probably love them too much.
Looking like it will be François Fillon against Le Pen. Start getting used to his name folks, cause it can't possibly be three in a row. Not even casinos calculate those odds.

Le Pen. OMG. That would be like Apocalypse now.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Britething for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 23.11.2016, 00:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,116
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,285 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Looking like it will be François Fillon against Le Pen. Start getting used to his name folks, cause it can't possibly be three in a row. Not even casinos calculate those odds.

Le Pen. OMG. That would be like Apocalypse now.
Thanks. S**t, he's definitely too boring...maybe Sarko could compete with Le Pen. This one seems like he'll do the right things.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 23.11.2016, 00:42
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Thanks. S**t, he's definitely too boring...maybe Sarko could compete with Le Pen. This one seems like he'll do the right things.
People are sooooooo sick of Sarko. They want change, for the good. Someone solid (preferably not with a short guy complex).
And most people I know (though they might make a protest vote in the first round of elections - like happened with Le Pen Sr) would not go so far as to vote for an openly Xenophobic piece of $hit as Marine.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Britething for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 23.11.2016, 01:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,116
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,285 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
People are sooooooo sick of Sarko. They want change, for the good. Someone solid (preferably not with a short guy complex).
And most people I know (though they might make a protest vote in the first round of elections - like happened with Le Pen Sr) would not go so far as to vote for an openly Xenophobic piece of $hit as Marine.
I know but Fillon seems too conservative for my liking (although that will increase his chances of course). Well, I only read a couple of articles on this subject and am not so sure whether I could like him.
We'll see.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 23.11.2016, 09:37
FrankZappa's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France, near Geneva
Posts: 653
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,897 Times in 420 Posts
FrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
I know but Fillon seems too conservative for my liking (although that will increase his chances of course). Well, I only read a couple of articles on this subject and am not so sure whether I could like him.
We'll see.
You don't have to like him. We are well into least worst territory here, as in the UK and USA. I think the French will happily elect "a safe pair of hands" like Fillon, after Sarko (good riddance to the little $hit) or Hollande (ditto).

In the 2nd round, I really can't see Ms. Le Pen's coalition of far-right and disillusioned ex-socialists beating Fillon's more or less willing coalition of everyone else. Compare with Chirac's landslide versus Le Pen père in 2002. I'm looking to bet 100€ against Le Pen winning. Anyone got any good suggestions where to do it?
__________________
Whatever works
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank FrankZappa for this useful post:
  #56  
Old 23.11.2016, 09:57
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Fillon, as a self-described Thatcherite, appears to be more right wing than Le Pen. Le Pen has already crossed over further left than he has.

Between the Fillon and Le Pen, I think the French would have to vote against their own interests to keep Le Pen out.

I like the over-confidence of Le Pen losing. It adds to the comedy.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 23.11.2016, 09:59
VFR on top's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 723
Groaned at 19 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,533 Times in 552 Posts
VFR on top has a reputation beyond reputeVFR on top has a reputation beyond reputeVFR on top has a reputation beyond reputeVFR on top has a reputation beyond reputeVFR on top has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

@Phos.


You should take some of that action.


As we say in the US, "put your money where your mouth is."
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank VFR on top for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 23.11.2016, 10:03
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
@Phos.


You should take some of that action.


As we say in the US, "put your money where your mouth is."
At 1-to-1, I think they are offering better payouts on the betting sites.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 23.11.2016, 10:14
Britething's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 335
Groaned at 149 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 221 Posts
Britething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputationBritething has an excellent reputation
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
Fillon, as a self-described Thatcherite, appears to be more right wing than Le Pen. Le Pen has already crossed over further left than he has.

Between the Fillon and Le Pen, I think the French would have to vote against their own interests to keep Le Pen out.

I like the over-confidence of Le Pen losing. It adds to the comedy.
If this is comical to you, then you are a revolting human being. The West is in economic turmoil, people have been injured and killed in riots and pre-electoral shootings, and the future is looking decidedly uncertain. A slight jump in a jittery stock market is not proof that "everything is going to be great".

Le Pen daughter tries to put an acceptable face on unacceptable politics. The disgusting things her father has said over the last forty years are still basic party doctrine.

It is in France's best interests to NOT vote for a candidate that would destroy the social fabric of the country.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Britething for this post:
  #60  
Old 23.11.2016, 10:17
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,177
Groaned at 462 Times in 350 Posts
Thanked 9,364 Times in 4,926 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marine Le Pen for president and Frexit

Quote:
View Post
If this is comical to you, then you are a revolting human being. The West is in economic turmoil, people have been injured and killed in riots and pre-electoral shootings, and the future is looking decidedly uncertain. A slight jump in a jittery stock market is not proof that "everything is going to be great".

Le Pen daughter tries to put an acceptable face on unacceptable politics. The disgusting things her father has said over the last forty years are still basic party doctrine.

It is in France's best interests to NOT vote for a candidate that would destroy the social fabric of the country.
Oh, you don't notice the social fabric of the country has already long been in a process of being destroyed with the current cast of clowns?

The hubris is tragic and comedic.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
brexit, european union, frexit




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Place your bets Le Pen and French Exit Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 32 30.06.2016 14:00
For sale: Puppy Pen from Sof Pen [Zurich] kri Items for sale 4 30.06.2010 14:32
Marine animals trainer, also skilled in video shooting and editing looking for a job orcatrainer Jobs wanted 0 15.09.2009 22:44
Marine animals trainer, also skilled in video shooting and editing looking for a job orcatrainer Jobs wanted 0 11.08.2009 16:27
Boat and marine license help needed Lynn88 General off-topic 85 17.12.2008 09:27


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0