I'm new to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself and get some advise from all you experts in Lausanne.
We are a family of 3 - hubby, 3 year old daughter and myself
We are moving from the very hot and sunny desert Dubai to the very cold and wet Lausanne...exactly, we believe in extremes...
My hubby has accepted a job there. He will be arriving in last week of October and my daughter and myself will be joining him in End Nov
We have completely forgotten what winter is like, in Dubai winter means 20 degrees C, which i know is summer for you guys (incase you are wondering summer in Dubai is 48 - 50 degrees C)
So while we are all excited to move I'm a little concerned on the facing the winter
Please can you guys advise on what kind of winter clothing should I prep myself with, in particular for my little one, and which are the English speaking nurseries you recommend
- Are there any speacial Jackets which are a must have ?
- Should we buy Overcoats - Wool or something else is better
- Are there special shoes we need, or leather boots will be sufficient ?
- Does it snow often, Will we require snow boots ? or will we require waterproof shoes ?
- I dont want to overload my closet but I dont wanna come unprepared
- Are thermals very essential ?
I look forward to hearing from you guys, would love to connect with you when we are there !!