Experienced Dog Sitter for In-Home Care
I am looking for an experienced and professional-minded dog sitter to occasionally care for my dogs in my home in SZ.
I would need you to move into our home to care for the dogs during my absence (usually 3-5 days), including staying overnight. There would also be times when I would need dog care for a half day or so, but not overnight.
- A true dog lover.
- Experience with all aspects of dog care.
- Experience with animal first aid, ability to deal with a variety of medical conditions, including administering medication.
- Experience with handicapped dogs is a plus.
- Ability to handle a variety of behavioral issues, using positive training methods only.
- German good enough to deal with emergencies - including obtaining emergency veterinary care - that may arise.
- You will need your own car.
- Completed the Sachkundenachweis, berufsunabhängig Ausbildung, or the Tierpfleger diploma, or registered with the canton, if required to do so under the TSchV.
- Working legally as self-employed or as part of a company. I wish to be a client, not an employer.
- You should have back-up organized should you be unable to fulfill a booking as arranged.
- You should be appropriately insured.
- References required.
I would want to establish a relationship with a sitter far in advance of my traveling. I would set up several short and half day visits to determine if you and I - and most importantly the dogs - are comfortable with the arrangement.
Please note: I cannot allow children or other dogs in my home. During the time you are caring for my dogs, you would be caring for them alone.
Also please note - Canton SZ requires all dogs to be kept on lead in public. While the dogs are in your care, compliance with the law is expected.
Please PM me with details of your qualifications and experience.