This could be your perfect answer -- and it's cheap.
Take a look at HEKS -- http://www.heks.ch/schweiz/zuerichsc...anton-zuerich/
- The website is a bit confusing but the above link gives you the list of conversation classes in Kanton Zurich. You have to click around a bit to find how to register and costs etc.
- From what I can see, they are a church-sponsored group of volunteers, and so the costs are very low -- 10 CHFs per 100 minutes or so.
- There are classes in Horgen and Waedenswil, as well as various other places along the lake.
- Group sizes between 7 and 12 members. It's not clear if there are multiple groups per venue.
- Classes start in about 2 weeks and go on until next July.
- You pay nothing for the first week but if you decide to return for Week 2, you are asked to pay. Not sure if you have to pay for the entire year or per semester or how that works.
I don't think I'll be able to make it, unfortunately, due to other commitments but this is the sort of thing I have been looking for. I may be able to join after Christmas if my schedule allows.