Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27.11.2012, 20:16
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 614
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 169 Posts
Breezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputation
Flickr rules for selling items

Received the below message from Flickr after setting up an account to sell some stuff here on EF. It is my first foray into flogging things on the forum.



I did not read the Terms, mea culpa, but am used to going through the motions as far as signing up to the hundreds of websites. Was not expecting to see this.


I am sure I have seen other people post their stuff to sell using Flickr. What gives?









In joining Flickr, you agreed to abide by the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Flickr accounts are intended for individual use, for our members to share original content that they've created, not to sell stuff:

"Don't Use Flickr for Commercial Purposes Flickr is for personal use only. If you sell products, services or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, Flickrmail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr."

http://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines/

Please remove the URLs that link to your store/auction(s) from underneath your photos/video and/or any sales verbiage or “for sale” sets at your earliest convenience so that we don't have to take further action on your account.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27.11.2012, 20:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: north
Posts: 5,560
Groaned at 205 Times in 128 Posts
Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,139 Posts
rob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

tell them to shove it and use photobucket
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rob1 for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 27.11.2012, 21:40
Wallabies's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 2,870
Groaned at 259 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,352 Posts
Wallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond reputeWallabies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

They have every right to require this if you didnt read the conditions then thats your fUlt not theirs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28.11.2012, 11:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: north
Posts: 5,560
Groaned at 205 Times in 128 Posts
Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,139 Posts
rob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

there are thousands of photo hosting sites, tinypic for one which is popular and hosts all sorts of images so i dont see some baby items and photo frames being an issue.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rob1 for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 28.11.2012, 11:21
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,980
Groaned at 201 Times in 121 Posts
Thanked 9,951 Times in 4,312 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

Quote:
View Post
Received the below message from Flickr after setting up an account to sell some stuff here on EF. It is my first foray into flogging things on the forum.



I did not read the Terms, mea culpa, but am used to going through the motions as far as signing up to the hundreds of websites. Was not expecting to see this.


I am sure I have seen other people post their stuff to sell using Flickr. What gives?









In joining Flickr, you agreed to abide by the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Flickr accounts are intended for individual use, for our members to share original content that they've created, not to sell stuff:

"Don't Use Flickr for Commercial Purposes Flickr is for personal use only. If you sell products, services or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, Flickrmail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr."

http://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines/

Please remove the URLs that link to your store/auction(s) from underneath your photos/video and/or any sales verbiage or “for sale” sets at your earliest convenience so that we don't have to take further action on your account.
they're probably getting ready to extradite you as we speak...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 28.11.2012, 11:26
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,961
Groaned at 26 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,326 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

They prob don't want the site to be filled with photos of products when it's primarily aimed at photographers.

Maybe don't put the prices on there, and just link to the pictures from somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank cyrus for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 28.11.2012, 15:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 614
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 169 Posts
Breezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputation
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

Quote:
View Post
They have every right to require this if you didnt read the conditions then thats your fUlt not theirs
fUlt is a very strong word. I strive to be a perfectionist, but I hate to see the word fUlt bandied around. Few of us are fUltless.

Let he who is free of sen cast the first stune etc.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Breezy for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 28.11.2012, 15:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 614
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 169 Posts
Breezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputation
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

Quote:
View Post
there are thousands of photo hosting sites, tinypic for one which is popular and hosts all sorts of images so i dont see some baby items and photo frames being an issue.
Right on and will find another. I am just 99% certain that I saw links to flickr in the for sale forums of EF (though cant be bothered to actually prove this). I dont think I would ever of heard of flickr otherwise. Maybe it is a new policy, but no skin off my nose to take it down and will do so.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28.11.2012, 16:15
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 4,810
Groaned at 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,717 Times in 2,753 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

I think I've seen people use Flickr before, but they put the prices in the post on EF and just the pics/descriptions on Flickr.

Sounds like you had prices and links with your photos, which somehow triggered a second look? Maybe even the words "For Sale" somewhere?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 28.11.2012, 19:24
Pepper's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 418
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 92 Posts
Pepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeable
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

I'll hold my hands up and say I've used it many times to sell stuff and have never had a problem.

Did you have something like 'For sale' as the album title? Maybe that triggered the message.

I think I'll carry on until I get a message from them though, I've finally worked out how to use it effectively!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pepper for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 28.11.2012, 20:41
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 614
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 169 Posts
Breezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputationBreezy has an excellent reputation
Re: Flickr rules for selling items

Quote:
View Post
I'll hold my hands up and say I've used it many times to sell stuff and have never had a problem.

Did you have something like 'For sale' as the album title? Maybe that triggered the message.

I think I'll carry on until I get a message from them though, I've finally worked out how to use it effectively!
Affirmation, thank you. Carry on, I wont tell...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Searching for shops selling hobby/craft or yoga/mediation items. novy Other/general 19 02.11.2014 19:11


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0