Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16.03.2015, 13:25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Neuenegg
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Astrosquirrel has no particular reputation at present
Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Hi all,

I sold a car on an auction in Ricardo which ended on the 3rd March. The next day, the buyer sends me a mail saying he will only be able to tell me when he'll pick up the car, till a week later (the 9th).

On the 9th he wrote to tell me that he's still out of the country and will give me an update on the 11th. On the 11th he wrote to me to tell me he won't be able to pick up the car before ***AT LEAST*** 2 more weeks, which would make his earliest pick up time the 2nd april, if we are lucky with his highness.

As you'd expect I'm not happy about this situation and Ricardo tell me he should pay no later than 14 days after the end of the auction. Incidentally I only have 16 days to flag him as a non paying bidder.

I mailed him to tell me that he can pick up the car later, but he must pay me the full amount by Wednesday the 18th. His response was that he will only pay a part of it - not specified how much - but not the full amount.


I am incurring in more parking place due to his non compliance and I've yet to know when he'll pick up the damn vehicle. Would someone care to advise what my options are here?

I half have a mind to tell him that if I don't receive full payment by Wednesday, I'll re-list the item, flag him as non payer and take up whatever legal action there is at my disposal.

Apologies for the exasperation, but it infuriates me to have deal with this kind of people.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16.03.2015, 13:31
donpiedro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 538
Groaned at 26 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 740 Times in 295 Posts
donpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of many
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Quote:
View Post
I half have a mind to tell him that if I don't receive full payment by Wednesday, I'll re-list the item, flag him as non payer and take up whatever legal action there is at my disposal.
Think this is the correct way of doing it.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank donpiedro for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 16.03.2015, 13:35
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 6,153
Groaned at 309 Times in 249 Posts
Thanked 9,534 Times in 3,872 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

what do ricardo's t&c's say? do you have to give him 30 days to pay?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16.03.2015, 14:08
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Neuenegg
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Astrosquirrel has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Think this is the correct way of doing it.
Thanks, thought as much.

Quote:
what do ricardo's t&c's say? do you have to give him 30 days to pay?.
Ricardo's T&C say that payment must happen within 14 days after the Auction's end.

----post update---

I guess I am too newbie to edit, thank or groan. In any case, thank you both for replying!

Last edited by 3Wishes; 16.03.2015 at 15:39. Reason: merging successive posts
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16.03.2015, 15:27
Angela-74's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kanton Neuchatel
Posts: 5,739
Groaned at 114 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,771 Posts
Angela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

According to ricardo's rule you can only relist the car (or any other item) after 14 days of no-payment or no-show. They will return the money you paid for the ad and you will be able to repost the ad. This might take longer because the buyer needs to accept the claim.
Talk to kundendienst and send them the copies of the emails you have been exchanging to see if they can help further.

Best wishes!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16.03.2015, 15:40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Neuenegg
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Astrosquirrel has no particular reputation at present
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Quote:
View Post
According to ricardo's rule you can only relist the car (or any other item) after 14 days of no-payment or no-show. They will return the money you paid for the ad and you will be able to repost the ad. This might take longer because the buyer needs to accept the claim.
Talk to kundendienst and send them the copies of the emails you have been exchanging to see if they can help further.

Best wishes!!
Hi Angela,

Thanks very much for your response and you're correct. I also spoke directly with Ricardo and they told me something along those same lines i.e. Pick it up and pay - or at least pay within 14 days of ending the auction. This means I am actually giving him 15 days and I'm doing nothing out of the rules.

I just don't get it, why bid on an item you're not ready/willing to purchase?...plus we're not talking about a 30CHF blanket here. This is in the thousands of francs

The world is filled with inconsiderate a**wipes unfortunately...even Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Astrosquirrel for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 16.03.2015, 15:50
Angela-74's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kanton Neuchatel
Posts: 5,739
Groaned at 114 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 5,664 Times in 2,771 Posts
Angela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond reputeAngela-74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Quote:
View Post

I just don't get it, why bid on an item you're not ready/willing to purchase?...plus we're not talking about a 30CHF blanket here. This is in the thousands of francs
The Swiss (maybe also Germans) call the Spass-bieter lol so they do it for fun, I have sold hundreds of items on ricardo and you get these regularly (1/100 items I guess but that is just my observation).
You can also choose to sell the car to the person next in line? They will give you that possibility
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16.03.2015, 16:36
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: geneve
Posts: 737
Groaned at 328 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 1,374 Times in 546 Posts
idefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of many
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Quote:
View Post
Hi Angela,

Thanks very much for your response and you're correct. I also spoke directly with Ricardo and they told me something along those same lines i.e. Pick it up and pay - or at least pay within 14 days of ending the auction. This means I am actually giving him 15 days and I'm doing nothing out of the rules.

I just don't get it, why bid on an item you're not ready/willing to purchase?...plus we're not talking about a 30CHF blanket here. This is in the thousands of francs

The world is filled with inconsiderate a**wipes unfortunately...even Switzerland.
I will bet you the buyer is not Swiss and he is not a Swiss resident, he buys from abroad, Bulgaria, Romania etc, comes in CH ever 3-4-5 weeks to collect all the shite from ricardo and bring it back home to sell it for profit. That's why he can't show up just now.

And let's be honest, few thousands of CHF is nothing for a car on ricardo...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank idefix for this useful post:
This user groans at idefix for this post:
  #9  
Old 16.03.2015, 21:47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Neuenegg
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Astrosquirrel has no particular reputation at present
Re: Sold a car in Ricardo - Difficult buyer

Quote:
View Post
The Swiss (maybe also Germans) call the Spass-bieter lol so they do it for fun, I have sold hundreds of items on ricardo and you get these regularly (1/100 items I guess but that is just my observation).
You can also choose to sell the car to the person next in line? They will give you that possibility
That's what's weird, he's got pretty good feedback on Ricardo. But I really tried, was patient, polite tried several options; alas, it was not to be.

Quote:
View Post
I will bet you the buyer is not Swiss and he is not a Swiss resident, he buys from abroad, Bulgaria, Romania etc, comes in CH ever 3-4-5 weeks to collect all the shite from ricardo and bring it back home to sell it for profit. That's why he can't show up just now.

And let's be honest, few thousands of CHF is nothing for a car on ricardo...
Nope, turned out to be a full Swiss German citizen/resident who thought I was one of his employees. We agreed on the phone we'd cancel the transaction.

Oh and Ricardo have lost out on some fees. Since that's their business, I guess they care a little
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Astrosquirrel for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricardo Buyer Troubles rachieree03 Other/general 3 23.02.2015 15:44
Ricardo - Buyer protection Castro Complaints corner 15 07.12.2014 13:55
Please help! Just sold car, now buyer wants to give it back lukenjenny Transportation/driving 10 06.05.2012 13:43
Got cheated!: Ricardo first-time buyer did not pay! jttraveller General off-topic 24 22.11.2011 22:35
Mountain bike sold on English Forum - please help me to find the buyer and seller lssilva Other/general 64 05.05.2011 20:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0