Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 19.01.2015, 05:08
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: family reunion visa some ideas suggestions and help needed......

Quote:
View Post
No but if she applied in November you have to allow some time for the private investigators to carry out verification process and the embassy to stamp the papers before actually sending the doucuments off to switzerland. For late Nov. it doesn't seem especially late
it was actually on 28th of november when i submitted everything so according to you its still not late and i should be more patient??
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26.01.2015, 11:31
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: family reunion visa some ideas suggestions and help needed......

so today i did a follow up with the embassy they actually confirmed that my documents reached the migration office in Aarau on 8.12.14 so now i just wait and when my hubby went to check there they said thy have nothing like serioisly.so now its just playing the waiting game one wonders for how long like seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18.02.2015, 15:50
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Visa D what happens next kindly help.

Hello guys so after a long time waiting since november when i applied for my family reunion visa D my hubby received a letter from immigration this week he was to appear in his commune fill all the papers he had to they stamped and are to send them back to immigration my question is like what happens next after or how long does one have to wait again please.....????
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18.02.2015, 16:04
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,524
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,173 Times in 4,358 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa D what happens next kindly help.

Quote:
View Post
Hello guys so after a long time waiting since november when i applied for my family reunion visa D my hubby received a letter from immigration this week he was to appear in his commune fill all the papers he had to they stamped and are to send them back to immigration my question is like what happens next after or how long does one have to wait again please.....????
I realize you're frustrated and want this process to be over. However the honest answer is...it takes as long as it takes. Sometimes the process is done quickly, in about 6-8 weeks. Other times it takes longer, perhaps 12-16 weeks. In your case, you applied at the end of November so you're only hitting 12 weeks now. Hardly anything to freak out about. You had the Christmas and New Year's holidays thrown in, making for a little delay. You're non-EU, and your husband is not Swiss. The authorities are going to make sure all the paperwork is in order and that the marriage is not a sham before they give you the D-visa.

Once you have that, your process is not over. You move here and you register with the municipal authorities for a residence permit. That can several more weeks, depending on paperwork and how backlogged the offices are.

Things are moving along, albeit slowly. Have a little faith!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18.02.2015, 16:27
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Visa D what happens next kindly help.

Quote:
View Post
I realize you're frustrated and want this process to be over. However the honest answer is...it takes as long as it takes. Sometimes the process is done quickly, in about 6-8 weeks. Other times it takes longer, perhaps 12-16 weeks. In your case, you applied at the end of November so you're only hitting 12 weeks now. Hardly anything to freak out about. You had the Christmas and New Year's holidays thrown in, making for a little delay. You're non-EU, and your husband is not Swiss. The authorities are going to make sure all the paperwork is in order and that the marriage is not a sham before they give you the D-visa.

Once you have that, your process is not over. You move here and you register with the municipal authorities for a residence permit. That can several more weeks, depending on paperwork and how backlogged the offices are.

Things are moving along, albeit slowly. Have a little faith!
thank you 3 wishes i will keep the faith going all good now thanxs just wanted to know what next thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 26.06.2015, 11:01
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

hello guys still very confused with swiss immigration system ...its been almost 8 months of waiting for my D family reunion visa and now yesterday they called my hubby gave him a form with 19questions he has to answer things like how he sees the future due to age difference if he knows my family and they want a picture of us together where I plan to stay in the future I find it odd since the commune already accepted us and he does pay our tax always so why all that is it one of visa denial??
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26.06.2015, 11:38
Kosti's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oranje County
Posts: 488
Groaned at 27 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 871 Times in 364 Posts
Kosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Unfortunately yes.

The migration authorities can keep it very subjective, with a large disparity of how they treat family reunion requests depending on their perception of nationality and associated economic conditions. Many times they will make a presumption of it being a marriage of convenience. In other words, yes it is at times racist.

Just go along with it since there is no legal recourse at this point. Keep your answers simple and to the point. Hope it works out soon.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Kosti for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 26.06.2015, 14:26
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Quote:
View Post
Unfortunately yes.

The migration authorities can keep it very subjective, with a large disparity of how they treat family reunion requests depending on their perception of nationality and associated economic conditions. Many times they will make a presumption of it being a marriage of convenience. In other words, yes it is at times racist.

Just go along with it since there is no legal recourse at this point. Keep your answers simple and to the point. Hope it works out soon.
Yes you right I think I have come to accept anything they ask for from us like 8 months waiting I just found it strange all those 19questions but I guess its fine I just hope they don't take us through all the stress we have been through and later on deniy us the visa.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 26.06.2015, 14:31
Loz1983's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,064
Groaned at 295 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 5,186 Times in 1,852 Posts
Loz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond reputeLoz1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

It's not racist, it's just showing diligence. Sham marriages happen all the time and they just want to be sure yours isn't one.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 26.06.2015, 14:44
Ace1's Avatar
A singular modality
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Engelberg & near Basel
Posts: 5,860
Groaned at 169 Times in 121 Posts
Thanked 8,902 Times in 3,984 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Quote:
View Post
It's not racist, it's just showing diligence.
Interesting distinction, but yes, it shows that discrimination based on race or nationality is not necessarily the same thing as racism.

All immigration policies discriminate between different applicants based on their nationality and it's generally considered acceptable, indeed necessary, to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 26.06.2015, 16:21
TheSpouse's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,382
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,179 Times in 706 Posts
TheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond reputeTheSpouse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

It is not only Switzerland that diligently monitors human trafficking. You would be getting the same questions if you were trying to move to many other countries as well.

Look at it from the government's point of view, i.e. a Swiss national applies for his new wife to join him . . .from Kenya. Kenya is a country with a high instance of human trafficking, see map here: http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...an-trafficking

They are right in trying to ascertain by asking 19 simple questions that your husband prove that he has not bought himself a hot, young wife. In fact, this is more for YOUR protection than it is bullying or racism or whatever other "ism" you are trying to blame.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TheSpouse for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 26.06.2015, 20:10
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,116
Groaned at 189 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,285 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Quote:
View Post
I
They are right in trying to ascertain by asking 19 simple questions that your husband prove that he has not bought himself a hot, young wife. In fact, this is more for YOUR protection than it is bullying or racism or whatever other "ism" you are trying to blame.
Right...and it took them 8 months to come up with those questions?

OP,

If you didn't get your family reunion visa by now, what's your status for the time being? Tourist?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26.06.2015, 21:13
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Quote:
View Post
Right...and it took them 8 months to come up with those questions?

OP,

If you didn't get your family reunion visa by now, what's your status for the time being? Tourist?
am still in my country Kenya never been to swiss .
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 26.06.2015, 21:51
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,446
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,517 Times in 3,043 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really???

Quote:
View Post
am still in my country Kenya never been to swiss .

I am not surprised it takes this long .The postman most likely is still looking
for where swiss is .maybe it went to Swaziland
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at cannut for this post:
  #35  
Old 26.06.2015, 23:09
Bonhomme's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Steinhausen (ZG)
Posts: 78
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 39 Times in 24 Posts
Bonhomme has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really??? [D-visa delay]

how did you guys meet?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26.06.2015, 23:52
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
how did you guys meet?
we met in Kenya like 2 years ago.

Quote:
View Post
I am not surprised it takes this long .The postman most likely is still looking
for where swiss is .maybe it went to Swaziland
ohh please just stop...you definitely know what am talking about and its not funny when one is frustrated about something and stressed up and you try be sacarstic about it its not good and not fair.Just remember nobody asked to be born where they are so no need making fun .

Last edited by 3Wishes; 27.06.2015 at 12:22. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ppy for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 27.06.2015, 01:55
moggy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Thurgau (& London, UK)
Posts: 1,488
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 768 Times in 511 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: family reunion visa some ideas suggestions and help needed......

Quote:
View Post
Odile on my side funds not an issue.
Well I just slightly confused, if funds are not an issue on your side, why did you not contact a Visa Specialist rather than this forum?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 25.07.2015, 01:01
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St Moritz
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hannahbui has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really??? [D-visa delay]

Hi ppy,

May I know if you have receive the D visa? I really hope that you have.

I am from a third world country as well. However, it took me less than 4 weeks to obtain the visa.
My husband's company did a really good job at following up with Canton to speed up the process. I think the company's lawyer played a very important role in this process.
Perhaps, you can ask your husband to bring this matter to his employer? I understand that employee wealth being should be looked after as well.


Good luck
Hannah.

P.S: Before Switzerland, I traveled extensively for work while my husband and I resided in a third country (neither in his country nor in my country).
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 25.07.2015, 06:43
ppy ppy is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: kenya
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
ppy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really??? [D-visa delay]

Quote:
View Post
Hi ppy,

May I know if you have receive the D visa? I really hope that you have.

I am from a third world country as well. However, it took me less than 4 weeks to obtain the visa.
My husband's company did a really good job at following up with Canton to speed up the process. I think the company's lawyer played a very important role in this process.
Perhaps, you can ask your husband to bring this matter to his employer? I understand that employee wealth being should be looked after as well.


Good luck
Hannah.

P.S: Before Switzerland, I traveled extensively for work while my husband and I resided in a third country (neither in his country nor in my country).
Thanks for asking Hannah, I did actually receive my visa this month it took me 8 months of waiting I guess you were lucky to have it within 4 weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 25.07.2015, 10:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Zurich, CH
Posts: 75
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
oosoo has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is this really normal with swiss immigratiom System really??? [D-visa delay]

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for asking Hannah, I did actually receive my visa this month it took me 8 months of waiting I guess you were lucky to have it within 4 weeks.
Congrats! I am relieved to see it all worked out in the end.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this really how it works with distributors? chrisinzurich Business & entrepreneur 38 11.10.2011 13:01
Canadian immigration system - is it really all that and a bag of chips? MathNut International affairs/politics 30 21.03.2011 02:06
This winter is 'really bad' swisspea Complaints corner 69 20.02.2010 22:42
Is this just really sad? goddess General off-topic 12 10.02.2010 22:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0