Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.07.2015, 08:25
blacks's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
blacks has no particular reputation at present
Immigration Alien Police questions

Hey guys and gals

This summer me and my partner (swiss national) are finally getting married (same-sex partnership). He went ahead to ask about the procedure and what needs to be done. They told him that the registration of the partnership itself shouldn't be a problem. But after all that is done and I ask for a residence visa (Type D) , the Immigration office takes over and decides if the partnership is legit.

What should I expect from this. Will there be interviews or something like that? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks and Cheers
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank blacks for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 01.07.2015, 09:47
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 13,549
Groaned at 171 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 9,674 Times in 5,521 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Immigration Alien Police questions

Yes. Detailed and personal questions will be asked because they'll want to make sure this is a long term, committed relationship and not just a sham partnership to get you into the country and have a resident permit. So the more evidence you can produce in the way of photos, details of holidays together, etc, will help your case. He will also need to prove that his accommodation is big enough for both of you by Swiss standards and that he earns enough to financially support you.

Understand the the Type D visa is NOT a residence permit. It only allows you to enter Switzerland long term, i.e for more than 90 days. It will only be issued if/when a dependent's residence permit is approved by the Swiss authorities. You need to apply for the visa at the nearest Swiss embassy/consulate to you in your home country while he needs to apply for the dependent's permit here at his cantonal migration office. The two will be matched up during the approval process.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 01.07.2015, 09:59
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 5,062
Groaned at 40 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 7,138 Times in 3,241 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Immigration Alien Police questions

There is a documentary and information film :

https://beta.exlibris.ch/de/filme/fi.../7611719493149
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 01.07.2015, 23:04
blacks's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
blacks has no particular reputation at present
Re: Immigration Alien Police questions

Quote:
View Post
Yes. Detailed and personal questions will be asked because they'll want to make sure this is a long term, committed relationship and not just a sham partnership to get you into the country and have a resident permit. So the more evidence you can produce in the way of photos, details of holidays together, etc, will help your case. He will also need to prove that his accommodation is big enough for both of you by Swiss standards and that he earns enough to financially support you.

Understand the the Type D visa is NOT a residence permit. It only allows you to enter Switzerland long term, i.e for more than 90 days. It will only be issued if/when a dependent's residence permit is approved by the Swiss authorities. You need to apply for the visa at the nearest Swiss embassy/consulate to you in your home country while he needs to apply for the dependent's permit here at his cantonal migration office. The two will be matched up during the approval process.
Thanks Medea, it shouldn't be a problem at all to provide all that information. As for type D visa. I am a little confused about it. If I can enter Switzerland without a visa requirement as I have in the past, do I still need to provide type D visa, or it is just for people that don't have the right to enter the Schengen zone only with a passport?

Quote:
View Post
There is a documentary and information film :

https://beta.exlibris.ch/de/filme/fi.../7611719493149
Yup, I have seen it, breathed it, lived it
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank blacks for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 02.07.2015, 09:17
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 13,549
Groaned at 171 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 9,674 Times in 5,521 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Immigration Alien Police questions

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Medea, it shouldn't be a problem at all to provide all that information. As for type D visa. I am a little confused about it. If I can enter Switzerland without a visa requirement as I have in the past, do I still need to provide type D visa, or it is just for people that don't have the right to enter the Schengen zone only with a passport?



Yup, I have seen it, breathed it, lived it
Ah, no. Didn't realise you were Bulgarian blacks. In that case you don't need a visa for either short or long term stays. I thought you were Macedonian from your location.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 02.07.2015, 11:07
blacks's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
blacks has no particular reputation at present
Re: Immigration Alien Police questions

Quote:
View Post
Ah, no. Didn't realise you were Bulgarian blacks. In that case you don't need a visa for either short or long term stays. I thought you were Macedonian from your location.
Well I am Macedonian but I also have Bulgarian citizenship 😊
So just being curious here only people that are from outside of EU need the type D visa?

Thanks for the reply
Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
marriage and immigration to CH as an illegal alien from US Pat&van Permits/visas/government 17 13.08.2015 16:51
Unannounced Immigration Police at Home taffles Permits/visas/government 45 08.11.2013 17:39
Were the immigration police right in stopping… kapeed Other/general 5 12.06.2008 11:17
I'm being deported; how do I notify the immigration police that I've left? joshuakaufman Permits/visas/government 9 18.02.2007 01:50


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0