Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.09.2015, 02:22
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 226
Groaned at 82 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts
FrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthy
Health insurance

So I have a question. Im Italian citizen. I came here to look for a job and i got one. Lady from kreis buro told me to get passport, passport photo, rental agreement. And i wanna know what should i do with health insurance. When do i need to take it, after i apply for visa or before. I dont understand that process. Pls help
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.09.2015, 08:15
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,560
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,810 Times in 881 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Swiss Authorities Online (ch.ch) is a good source for answers to many questions about living in Switzerland:

"Health insurance for foreign nationals
Insurance is compulsory
If you live or work in Switzerland, you have to take out health insurance, no matter what your nationality is. Even if you work in Switzerland for under three months, basic health insurance is compulsory. It is also compulsory if you are from an EU or EFTA state and work in Switzerland but are not resident here. However, cross-border commuters – people who live in a neighbouring country and come to Switzerland to work – can choose whether to take out health insurance in Switzerland or in their own country.

Three months to take out insurance


After moving to Switzerland, you have three months to take out insurance with an authorised health insurance company of your choice. The communal or cantonal authorities responsible ensure that everyone takes out insurance (you will be required to submit a copy of your policy or health insurance card) and authorise any exceptions."



https://www.ch.ch/en/health-insurance-foreigners/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.09.2015, 11:08
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 226
Groaned at 82 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts
FrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthy
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Swiss Authorities Online (ch.ch) is a good source for answers to many questions about living in Switzerland:

"Health insurance for foreign nationals
Insurance is compulsory
If you live or work in Switzerland, you have to take out health insurance, no matter what your nationality is. Even if you work in Switzerland for under three months, basic health insurance is compulsory. It is also compulsory if you are from an EU or EFTA state and work in Switzerland but are not resident here. However, cross-border commuters – people who live in a neighbouring country and come to Switzerland to work – can choose whether to take out health insurance in Switzerland or in their own country.

Three months to take out insurance


After moving to Switzerland, you have three months to take out insurance with an authorised health insurance company of your choice. The communal or cantonal authorities responsible ensure that everyone takes out insurance (you will be required to submit a copy of your policy or health insurance card) and authorise any exceptions."



https://www.ch.ch/en/health-insurance-foreigners/
My question was....how will I take health insurance when i didnt get my permit yet? Im just got my job and im gona now apply for permit. I didnt have any permit before. I just came her 8 days ago. She told me u have to start paying for ur health insurance right away when u applay for permit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.09.2015, 11:14
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Was Belgium now Neuchâtel
Posts: 8,220
Groaned at 60 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 10,241 Times in 4,924 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

You choose a health insurance company, you fill out the forms and you apply for insurance. You state your arrival date ie the month that the insurance will start from and that's when your insurance will be valid from.
We were not asked for a copy of our permit when applying for health insurance. If they do want to see it then just tell them you've applied for it and will send them a copy when you receive it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 26.09.2015, 11:30
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,524
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,173 Times in 4,358 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
You choose a health insurance company, you fill out the forms and you apply for insurance. You state your arrival date ie the month that the insurance will start from and that's when your insurance will be valid from.
We were not asked for a copy of our permit when applying for health insurance. If they do want to see it then just tell them you've applied for it and will send them a copy when you receive it.
And... once you have your insurance confirmation you give a copy to the municipality. Make sure you do this within the 3 months, or the municipality will sign you up for an insurance plan - and it may or may not be what you want or can afford.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27.09.2015, 09:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 226
Groaned at 82 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts
FrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthyFrankSinatra is considered unworthy
Re: Health insurance

Will they ask me for permit on municipality, what should i say if they do?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27.09.2015, 10:15
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 13,539
Groaned at 171 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 9,664 Times in 5,517 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Will they ask me for permit on municipality, what should i say if they do?
1. Apply for permit.
2. Apply for health insurance. If asked tell them you've applied for your permit and will send them a copy when you receive it.
3. When you get your permit send a copy to your insurance provider.
4. When you have confirmation of your insurance cover send a copy to your municipality.

Simples.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 27.09.2015, 11:47
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 6,524
Groaned at 43 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 9,173 Times in 4,358 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Will they ask me for permit on municipality, what should i say if they do?
Sorry to confuse you with my choice of words. The city of Zurich is the municipality. Because it's so big, it has several regional offices to handle administrative matters such as permits. These are called Kreisbüro. You'll apply for the permit at the Kreisbüro for your part of the city.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
European Health Insurance Card coverage and complementary private insurance SilviaGiorgetti Insurance 10 19.08.2015 22:20
Health insurance breached my health confidentiality Switzerland12 Complaints corner 26 19.05.2015 23:46
Swiss insurance provider for health insurance abroad Azztrick Insurance 1 18.02.2013 00:31
Accident insurance -- can we buy it without health insurance vlad_island Insurance 3 15.09.2012 14:05
health care/ health insurance/customs/American outlining Insurance 5 16.05.2012 11:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0