Further update -
Berninatplatz could check in the system if the CH Delhi embassy have the 'verphlichtüngserklarung' from the local authority (dietlikon in my case).
Next step - My family had to write a mail requesting a confirmation about the above info. The embassy did send a confirmation requesting resubmission of the passports for visa processing.
Below is the rough timeline for Visa application for family from India (Kolkata in my case)
- Booked an appointment with VFS, kolkata
- Day 1 - Submitted all documents as required (https://www.vfsglobal.ch/switzerland/india/
- Day 8 - VFS status tracking suggested, passports were 'processed'
- Day 11 - Passports were available for collection at VFS Kolkata (Day 9/10 Sat - Sunday) requesting for the 'Verphlichtungserklarung' from me
- Day 12 - I submitted 'Verpflichtungserklärung' to gemeinde (link for Stadt Zurich https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/prd/de/...rklaerung.html
- Day 14 - I requested Migrationsamt, Berninaplatz to check if CH Delhi embassy is aware of the Verphlichtungserklarung
- Day 14 - My family wrote a mail to CH embassy Delhi requesting confirmation
- Day 15 - CH embassy Delhi provided confirmation
- Day 21 - Appointment booked with VFS Kolkata for resubmission of the passports
..... to be continued
I am hoping that the the passports will be back after acceptance / decline (whatever) around 2/3rd May. Fingers crossed.