| || |
| || || |
| || |Dear Members,
I am an Indian girl looking to move to Zurich as my husband starts his PhD in September 2016 at ETH, Zurich.
My current employer from India has asked me to move to Zurich on a dependant visa and they will convert it to a work visa when there is a suitable opportunity in the Zug office(this could easily take a year). In the meantime, I have been asked to work from home remotely. I have a few questions:
1) Will I face any difficulties getting the dependant visa considering my husband's small stipend from the uni.?
2) Would I be violating any laws by working from home in Zurich with my Indian employer on a dependant visa and getting paid in India? Should I be notifying the visa authority about this in my application?
3) Is it difficult to convert a dependent visa to work visa (by the employer) or is it commonplace? I ask this so I can decide whether I should go to Zurich on a tourist visa a couple of times till my employer figures out the work visa instead of going there on the dependent visa the first time around?
I would really appreciate your responses and any guidance you may be able to provide.
Thank you and Namaste from India,
| || || |
1. Your dependent Visa approval is subject to your husband's Income (not sure though what is the minimum he should earn to process/get a dependent Visa). Not only Income, he will have to rent a house (I assume minimum 2.5 piece (In our language, 1 BHK
) and have a rental contract to get you here.
2. AFAIK, you can work from home for Indian company and get paid there. Not sure if it impacts tax returns here as well as in India. I am sure you should pay Income tax there and not sure if you are supposed to, here. My advice is to ask your husband to speak to authorities in person once he is here just to be sure and you are safe and not violating any rule. Recently, there was similar thread regarding this and she was living in Geneva. Not sure though what was the final outcome. You can once search for that thread.
3. Depending on what permit he gets, answer for this varies. In case if he gets permit B, I assume you also get a working option with out going for any additional approvals from authorities. With this permit, you can join your employer here easily. In case he gets L, I would say its night mare to find work with dependent L permit. Of course, there are people here who were able to find job with dependent L.
Wish you good luck and happy stay