Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 09.12.2013, 20:37
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Lammhaxe has slipped a little
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

He better hurry, soon it i going to be worth nothing
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Lammhaxe for this useful post:
  #122  
Old 09.12.2013, 20:42
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
This exactly what speculation is about: reading the market properly and playing based on what the market thinks until rational takes over

I am not sad for those who made money, but for the few who made, many lost due to deception.
This is what we call Market ManipulAtion
Nobody should be suffering a loss with bitcoin if they bought at any time (even at previous highs) up to ten days ago and just sat on the coins in a buy-and-hold strategy. Even those who bought at the top of the current highs are more likely than not to see those prices again. Anybody can also sell at any time at what they consider is the maximum valuation and realize the gains. It seems pretty simple.

What do you mean by "market manipulation". Can you describe specific instances of such manipulation?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09.12.2013, 21:43
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Nobody should be suffering a loss with bitcoin if they bought at any time (even at previous highs) up to ten days ago and just sat on the coins in a buy-and-hold strategy. Even those who bought at the top of the current highs are more likely than not to see those prices again. Anybody can also sell at any time at what they consider is the maximum valuation and realize the gains. It seems pretty simple.

What do you mean by "market manipulation". Can you describe specific instances of such manipulation?
So you didn't sell yet? Uh Oh is that a new Porsche I see?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09.12.2013, 21:46
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Puts a whole new spin on Data Mining for Bitcoins! The race to the bottom.

The law concerning Bitcoins- full of fraud. The S.E.C. filed a lawsuit in July accusing a Texas man of engaging in a Ponzi scheme by offering Bitcoin-denominated investments.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/...-the-law/?_r=0

I think it could gain credibility if it can come under the auspices of the law, but that's what it was designed in large to avoid.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Hoppy for this useful post:
  #125  
Old 10.12.2013, 06:46
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Ok, let's try and rescue this thread from the attack of the killer trolls and put it back on subject.

Thomas Weibel has submitted a postulate to the Swiss Parliament that bitcoin be treated as a foreign currency.

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-lawmak...eign-currency/

If all goes as planned, bitcoin could be practically recognized by Switzerland as a legitimate foreign currency. The move would drastically reduce legal uncertainty for bitcoin users, at least in Switzerland, namely the Swiss banking sector. It would allow Swiss authorities to apply existing foreign currency legislation to bitcoin and other digital currencies
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10.12.2013, 07:41
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Ok, let's try and rescue this thread from the attack of the killer trolls and put it back on subject.

Thomas Weibel has submitted a postulate to the Swiss Parliament that bitcoin be treated as a foreign currency.

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-lawmak...eign-currency/

If all goes as planned, bitcoin could be practically recognized by Switzerland as a legitimate foreign currency. The move would drastically reduce legal uncertainty for bitcoin users, at least in Switzerland, namely the Swiss banking sector. It would allow Swiss authorities to apply existing foreign currency legislation to bitcoin and other digital currencies
I am just having fun with this one... From the same link above that brought to Bitcoin (Coinesk the voice of Digital Currency) another publicity stunt this time by Snoop Dog! http://www.coindesk.com/snoop-dogg-sell-record-bitcoin/

I hope for all Bitcoin holders that it gets accepted, they all sell at the same time and no one loses, I don't like seeing people suffer.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10.12.2013, 08:31
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
I am just having fun with this one... From the same link above that brought to Bitcoin (Coinesk the voice of Digital Currency) another publicity stunt this time by Snoop Dog! http://www.coindesk.com/snoop-dogg-sell-record-bitcoin/
Of course, if you were anything but a troll (and that goes for your alter-ego too), you could have added some value after visiting Coindesk by linking to the original press release.

German:

http://www.digitale-nachhaltigkeit.ch/2013/12/bitcoin/

English translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...oin%2F&act=url


Quote:
View Post
I hope for all Bitcoin holders that it gets accepted, they all sell at the same time and no one loses, I don't like seeing people suffer.
Dream on. My prediction (and unlike you, my predictions on this thread have actually come true) is ka-ching! BTW, who's suffering now apart from you?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10.12.2013, 09:27
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Of course, if you were anything but a troll (and that goes for your alter-ego too), you could have added some value after visiting Coindesk by linking to the original press release.

German:

http://www.digitale-nachhaltigkeit.ch/2013/12/bitcoin/

English translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...oin%2F&act=url




Dream on. My prediction (and unlike you, my predictions on this thread have actually come true) is ka-ching! BTW, who's suffering now apart from you?
Why do you think I am suffering?

Isn't the source that you quote form a Parliamentary lobbying group? Ka-ching indeed.

"Should regulatory adjustments be necessary, what would the timeline of implemetation look like?
Parldigi also takes its first step with this novel currency and has started accepting donations in Bitcoin. If you want to support parldigi in advancing digital sustainability in Switzerland, feel free to send donations to address 16qpAVM718XzWEH8LKJZetKutW5R8bNMNn . (Sidenote by translator: there are no restrictions for political donations in Switzerland. Faced with the problem of powerful politicians being influenced by donations, many countries created laws to restrict such payments. Switzerland chose the other solution and restricted the power of politicians instead. )"
http://afterthegoldrush.lefora.com/t...s#.Uqa-b7HTljo
Ka-chng Ka-ching.

Sorry if I posted this before but I like it

But anyway you are getting upset- you are vested in this and emotions and finances are not a good mix. I am not and I know NOTHING about finances- I am just a lucky guesser. So, I think I will leave you alone, like I said I don't like to see people suffer. Shorrick has gone strangely quiet on this one- I bet he's lurking there somewhere.

I'm off to invest in sleep, study and loooove, which I hope will pay off, I'm a long-term investor.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10.12.2013, 09:47
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Why do you think I am suffering?
Because you don't seem capable of maintaining a rational discussion and dodge answering questions by changing the subject with troll posting.

Quote:
View Post
I am just a lucky guesser.
Name one. (Not the Ponzi one; that argument has been destroyed).

If you like, we can discuss the John Quiggin article (http://nationalinterest.org/commenta...is-8353?page=1) that you linked to in a previous post. Read it again; can you spot why it's flawed and what Quiggen is missing?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10.12.2013, 10:16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Lammhaxe has slipped a little
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Ok, let's try and rescue this thread from the attack of the killer trolls and put it back on subject.

Thomas Weibel has submitted a postulate to the Swiss Parliament that bitcoin be treated as a foreign currency.

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-lawmak...eign-currency/

If all goes as planned, bitcoin could be practically recognized by Switzerland as a legitimate foreign currency. The move would drastically reduce legal uncertainty for bitcoin users, at least in Switzerland, namely the Swiss banking sector. It would allow Swiss authorities to apply existing foreign currency legislation to bitcoin and other digital currencies
Calling people who are debating properly and argumenting, as Trolls, is not really nice.
And bitcoin will fall back to its 10$ value, and not as a currency but as a competitor to Visa and Paypal. The only good thing (actually EXCELLENT) about bitcoin is the theoretical elimination of fraud when you are being paied or paying; Instead of paying huge commission to the oligarchy, you will pay a low commission to maintain the mining servers.

And expect to have an attack from those big companies to protect their revenues.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10.12.2013, 10:22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Lammhaxe has slipped a little
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Nobody should be suffering a loss with bitcoin if they bought at any time (even at previous highs) up to ten days ago and just sat on the coins in a buy-and-hold strategy. Even those who bought at the top of the current highs are more likely than not to see those prices again. Anybody can also sell at any time at what they consider is the maximum valuation and realize the gains. It seems pretty simple.

What do you mean by "market manipulation". Can you describe specific instances of such manipulation?
As for the market manipulation here it is mainly being pushed by price pumping, incomplete news and information, and of course hope of making huge benefits when there is nothing concrete (like a central bank controlling emissions which can cover the losses with the tax payers of course)
Than, all it required is to actually sell at a ceilling devaluating the price because small people will sell, than buy a bit lower, raise it a bit than sell again.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10.12.2013, 10:44
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Calling people who are debating properly and argumenting, as Trolls, is not really nice
Now, why would you think I'm talking about you?

Ok. Night-puppet's gone to bed so now we have day-puppet.

Quote:
View Post
And bitcoin will fall back to its 10$ value, and not as a currency but as a competitor to Visa and Paypal.
Please provide some figures to justify that valuation. Bear in mind that Bank of America Merrill Lynch came up with $433 for that function in the marketplace.

Quote:
View Post
As for the market manipulation here it is mainly being pushed by price pumping, incomplete news and information, and of course hope of making huge benefits when there is nothing concrete (like a central bank controlling emissions which can cover the losses with the tax payers of course)
Than, all it required is to actually sell at a ceilling devaluating the price because small people will sell, than buy a bit lower, raise it a bit than sell again.
So no specific instances then? That's just a lot of hand waving, show me an actual example.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10.12.2013, 14:16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Lammhaxe has slipped a little
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
Now, why would you think I'm talking about you?

Ok. Night-puppet's gone to bed so now we have day-puppet.



Please provide some figures to justify that valuation. Bear in mind that Bank of America Merrill Lynch came up with $433 for that function in the marketplace.



So no specific instances then? That's just a lot of hand waving, show me an actual example.
So now it's night puppet and day-puppet? Stay polite man, you don't need to be rude if I don't agree with you.

And seriously? Merrill Lynch? Can't you choose a bank that didn't participate in the loan scams and the CDS and didn't get bailout money (after paying bonuses also)?

If you think I have time to pull out all the articles or get the market data, you are dreaming. But I would recommend you visit my website and do yourself a technical analysis on the graph here:
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10.12.2013, 15:04
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
And seriously? Merrill Lynch? Can't you choose a bank that didn't participate in the loan scams and the CDS and didn't get bailout money (after paying bonuses also)
And this is the point I'm making. You avoid answering the question and change the subject with a troll post. Try again: what justification do you have for a $10 price?

Quote:
View Post
If you think I have time to pull out all the articles or get the market data, you are dreaming. But I would recommend you visit my website and do yourself a technical analysis on the graph here:
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/
If you're going to make serious accusation, be prepared to back it up with evidence; otherwise you're just blowing so much hot air.

You haven't really got anything worth saying, have you? It's probably best not to make grand proclamations about subjects (like bitcoin) that you clearly have no knowledge of. You're just going to look like a fool.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10.12.2013, 15:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
And this is the point I'm making. You avoid answering the question and change the subject with a troll post. Try again: what justification do you have for a $10 price?
The fact is there is no general justification for whatever price - it's worth whatever anybody wants it to be worth. Demand, supply... yadda yadda. Hot air.

There was a lot of "justification" for gold being at 1'800 as well.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Shorrick Mk2 for this useful post:
  #136  
Old 10.12.2013, 15:24
speakeron's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 728
Groaned at 24 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 645 Times in 319 Posts
speakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond reputespeakeron has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
The fact is there is no general justification for whatever price - it's worth whatever anybody wants it to be worth. Demand, supply... yadda yadda. Hot air.

There was a lot of "justification" for gold being at 1'800 as well.
What about valuing it by its cash flows?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank speakeron for this useful post:
  #137  
Old 10.12.2013, 17:14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Zürich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 24 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Lammhaxe has slipped a little
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

Quote:
View Post
And this is the point I'm making. You avoid answering the question and change the subject with a troll post. Try again: what justification do you have for a $10 price?



If you're going to make serious accusation, be prepared to back it up with evidence; otherwise you're just blowing so much hot air.

You haven't really got anything worth saying, have you? It's probably best not to make grand proclamations about subjects (like bitcoin) that you clearly have no knowledge of. You're just going to look like a fool.
I will stay polite towards you! I really hope you invested and won. I will be more than happy to invite you for a beer, and we can discuss it together
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Lammhaxe for this useful post:
  #138  
Old 10.12.2013, 19:52
Verbier's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lully VD
Posts: 3,459
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 3,257 Times in 1,715 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

A CNN piece on Bitcoin.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/10/bu...html?hpt=hp_c4
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Verbier for this useful post:
  #139  
Old 10.12.2013, 20:25
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

It is a fasicanting subject. From all I have read it needs a major US backer- company or for the fed to recognize it as a currency. Then Geromino!

Why a US backer if they have Asia or Europe on board I don't know. Some say that we will have a digital currency in the future but the Bitcoin isn't it.

I am just very skeptical when it comes to financial markets. Most of the markets are run by Cartels- always have been. 6 banks just got fined by the EU for fixing he Libor rate. The easiest way to rob a bank is to own one, there is so much speculation with the Bitcoin I think that it is a cartel that is running it so that they can cash in. Like I said the rest of the world invests and I don't; I'm an oddity.

However, obviously some have already done very well on the Bitcoin and as more people buy in it gains credibility. I am confused at the fact that the number was limited at conception, surely they will have to mint new Bitcoins and that will lead to inflation- or have I got this all wrong? It takes a cognitive leap for me to get my head around taking an invented currency seriously, but Ya never Know!

Maybe Speakeron is just exuberant about his gains and wants to spread the word, so that all can benefit???
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 10.12.2013, 20:29
Hoppy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakland US
Posts: 409
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 320 Times in 201 Posts
Hoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputationHoppy has an excellent reputation
Re: Bitcoin paper presented to Swiss parliament

From the guy who brought us the biggest bubble! Kind of hypocritical huh?

Greenspan Says Bitcoin a Bubble Without Intrinsic Currency Value

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ncy-value.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bitcoin, parliament, reddit, regulation, swiss




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swiss parliament to discuss cow horns Amaras Swiss politics/news 1 01.12.2011 01:49
Swiss Parliament Language rrs Swiss politics/news 6 19.06.2010 12:06
How/When to see Swiss' parliament discussions Tweener Swiss politics/news 3 16.09.2008 05:44
Swiss Parliament Fudges Smoking Issue nickatbasel Swiss politics/news 22 05.10.2007 18:26
Paper [nice paper, where to find it] sharon Other/general 10 31.08.2007 16:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0