Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 14.02.2015, 18:51
Ace1's Avatar
A singular modality
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Engelberg & near Basel
Posts: 5,900
Groaned at 171 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 8,980 Times in 4,011 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
You're wasting your time. Phos isn't remotely interested in learning anything about this subject. He's been playing the same track for the last eight years, and shows no sign of wishing to change it.

Just think of him as the lairy drunk who keeps putting Danny Boy on the jukebox all evening. Best thing to do is let him be. Nobody wants a bottle of brown ale in the jugular...
Is it time this thread was brought to a close, then? I've not been keeping up with it, as it drags its way on and on and on.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 14.02.2015, 19:29
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,611
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,543 Times in 12,351 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Is it time this thread was brought to a close, then? I've not been keeping up with it, as it drags its way on and on and on.
I wouldn't close it, because Phos will then whinge about people "closing down the conversation", which isn't actually happening except in his own head.

Leave it open and it will sink, unloved, to the bottom of the page before dying a lonely death in a flat full of unwashed dishes, pizza boxes and cats.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 15.02.2015, 00:49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ungarn
Posts: 91
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 87 Times in 44 Posts
Der_Spieler has become a little unpopular
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Thus, what do a few quotes demonstrate ?
Defence or attack, it was 1400 years ago. Should we think the same about italian since there were Romans 2000 years ago?

Pretty scared by the few messages I read here about Islam
No because modern day Italians are terrible soldiers
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 15.02.2015, 22:12
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,226
Groaned at 474 Times in 360 Posts
Thanked 9,602 Times in 5,066 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
You're wasting your time. Phos isn't remotely interested in learning anything about this subject. He's been playing the same track for the last eight years, and shows no sign of wishing to change it.

Just think of him as the lairy drunk who keeps putting Danny Boy on the jukebox all evening. Best thing to do is let him be. Nobody wants a bottle of brown ale in the jugular...
You mean interested in unlearning something. History and the Quran clearly spell out conquest as the method for taking over the world. As politicians proclaiming Islam as a religion of peace, Muslims take up the sword of Jihad, its no wonder we don't understand each other. Duplicity and willful ignorance.

If religion is the opium of the people, political memes are the general anaesthesia.

requeue Danny Boy
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 15.02.2015, 22:15
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,611
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,543 Times in 12,351 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
You mean interested in unlearning something. History and the Quran clearly spell out conquest as the method for taking over the world. As politicians proclaiming Islam as a religion of peace, Muslims take up the sword of Jihad, its no wonder we don't understand each other. Duplicity and willful ignorance.

If religion is the opium of the people, political memes are the general anaesthesia.

requeue Danny Boy
You flip flop more than a fish on a hook. You don't even know what you're arguing any more.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 15.02.2015, 22:24
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,247
Groaned at 190 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 6,263 Times in 3,383 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
You flip flop more than a fish on a hook. You don't even know what you're arguing any more.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight.
I'm glad that you decided to do so...what about a few weeks, maybe a year break? And I'm in favour of Islam becoming a recognised church.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #327  
Old 15.02.2015, 23:27
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,593
Groaned at 171 Times in 146 Posts
Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,864 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
You mean interested in unlearning something. History and the Quran clearly spell out conquest as the method for taking over the world. As politicians proclaiming Islam as a religion of peace, Muslims take up the sword of Jihad, its no wonder we don't understand each other. Duplicity and willful ignorance.

If religion is the opium of the people, political memes are the general anaesthesia.

requeue Danny Boy
About " History and the Quran clearly spell out conquest as the method for taking over the world." Ahh, Putin is Muslim!

This somehow reminds me of a true story of an Irish friend who visited Tokyo some 20 years ago. If you were ever there at that time the whole town was furnished with unreadable Japanese signs.
My Irish friend had dinner in his hotel and then went out looking for action, but he could not read the signs
Eventually he heard music from a doorway, went in and it was a cellar bar. It was also a karoake bar and by some sign language they indicated he was supposed to sing the next track of some incomprehensible Japanese song.
He protested I am Irish so (astoundingly they understood) they played Danny boy.
So there he was in the middle of Tokyo in a Japanese cellar full of Japanese singing Danny boy.

You may well ask what this has to do with this thread topic; I was wondering the same
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #328  
Old 15.02.2015, 23:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,247
Groaned at 190 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 6,263 Times in 3,383 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
So there he was in the middle of Tokyo in a Japanese cellar full of Japanese singing Danny boy.

You may well ask what this has to do with this thread topic; I was wondering the same
Now be good and don't ruin all my misconceptions and tell me the world is much clever than Danny Boy thinks?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #329  
Old 04.01.2017, 16:39
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 668
Groaned at 100 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 436 Times in 238 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Poor Merkel

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Capo for this useful post:
  #330  
Old 04.01.2017, 18:14
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 9,108
Groaned at 141 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 12,532 Times in 5,101 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should Islam become a recognized church of the State in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
...Leave it open and it will sink, unloved, to the bottom of the page before dying a lonely death in a flat full of unwashed dishes, pizza boxes and cats.
Hmm. Well, that didn't work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
religion, state church




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Independent' / 'State' Church Dore_84 Daily life 1 27.10.2013 22:37
Is the British BA Degree recognized in Switzerland ? andy.swiss Employment 12 18.06.2010 16:08
Islam and Ron Paul: Should Switzerland ban green cheese from Glarus, oder? Dougal's Breakfast General off-topic 4 13.11.2009 00:07
Should English be the 5th language of Switzerland? vwild1 Swiss politics/news 84 12.03.2009 15:54
Should Switzerland stay out of the EU? the_old_vase Swiss politics/news 10 18.02.2007 22:08


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0