Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.12.2016, 14:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
iamtheone has no particular reputation at present
Need an opinion on second hand car

Hi,
I saw a sale advert for below car. Need your opinion on the price.

Honda CRV.
59.000 kilometres. Bought in August 2011.
colour Titanium. 5 doors. 4x4 with intelligent control system. Unleaded petrol. Compact off-road. SUV sport utility vehicle
The car has the 'PLUS' full options package:
Leather
Navigation
Reversing Camera
Panoramic roof
Anti-collision braking system CMBS (Collision Mitigation Brake System)
Adaptive cruise control ACC
Adaptive Headlights
Voice Controls
Equipment includes:
Real Time all-wheel drive (improves economy by running 2WD until 4WD is needed)
Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
Automatic switching on the dipped headlights
Automatic climate control
Brake Assist (BAS)
Cruise control (inc. distance radar)
Electronic Stability Program (VSA)
Electrically adjustable driver's seat
Heated front seats
MP3 interface
Park Distance Control front and rear
Rain sensor for windscreen wipers front
Tinted windows
Window curtain airbags
Xenon lighting system with automatic headlight range control

Price quoted: 17800CHF.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01.12.2016, 15:03
donpiedro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 611
Groaned at 28 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 841 Times in 327 Posts
donpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of many
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Where in Switzerland do you live/want to buy? What size engine?

There is a cheaper 2012 model (diesel) for sale in Nyon, maybe worth checking/comparing:

http://garage-bottone.ch/car/honda-c...occasions-nyon

From the face of it (without seeing the actual advert & pics) it sounds slightly overpriced.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank donpiedro for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 01.12.2016, 15:05
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
iamtheone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Quote:
View Post
Where in Switzerland do you live/want to buy?
Zürich area. Wetzikon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01.12.2016, 15:21
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,130
Groaned at 349 Times in 284 Posts
Thanked 18,285 Times in 6,954 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Lets say it is this one

And this is all 2010-2012 petrol CRVs - then you'd get a feel for where it sits price wise.

Offer 16k and be prepared to walk away and buy another one for 16k
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 02.12.2016, 00:08
drkarthiks's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 471
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 336 Times in 202 Posts
drkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeabledrkarthiks is considered knowledgeable
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Ask them for 14k. I am not sure if they have not dropped the price on the car in your group but in mine, they are asking for 14,490.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:40
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
iamtheone has no particular reputation at present
Opinion needed

Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 Diesel 4WD
2013 model.
45000Kms driven
Diesel
5 doors and 7 seats.
184ps

Price: 18000CHF

Looks good outside and inside.

Is it a good deal?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:43
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,626
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,634 Times in 12,376 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opinion needed

Quote:
View Post
Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 Diesel 4WD
2013 model.
45000Kms driven
Diesel
5 doors and 7 seats.
184ps

Price: 18000CHF

Looks good outside and inside.

Is it a good deal?
Does it have engine? Are windows in good working order?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:43
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,626
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,634 Times in 12,376 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opinion needed

Also what color?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:46
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
iamtheone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Opinion needed

Quote:
View Post
Also what color?
With engine ( turbo diesel) and color is grey.
All windows are working fine.
It has built in navi, blue tooth , reverse camera, heated seats, electric seats, foldable mirrors etc.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:47
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,626
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,634 Times in 12,376 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opinion needed

Quote:
View Post
With engine ( turbo diesel) and color is grey.
All windows are working fine.
It has built in navi, blue tooth , reverse camera, heated seats, electric seats, foldable mirrors etc.
Are the electric seats gas powered? Have gas cartridges been replaced recently?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11.12.2016, 14:49
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,626
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,634 Times in 12,376 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opinion needed

Also is the blue tooth also available in the white?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 11.12.2016, 15:01
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
iamtheone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Opinion needed

Quote:
View Post
Also is the blue tooth also available in the white?
Fahrzeugdaten

Inverkehrsetzung 10.2012
Fahrzeugart Occasion
Aussenfarbe grey
Getriebeart Automat sequentiell
Antriebsart Allrad
Treibstoff Diesel
Türen 5
Sitze 7
Innenfarbe anthrazit
Hubraum 1'991 cm3
Zylinder 4
Leistung in PS 150
Leergewicht 1'980 kg
Verbrauch in l/100 km 8.9/6.6/8.6 (St/Land/Tot)
CO2-Emission 233 g/km
Energieeffizienz G
Euro Norm Euro 4
Anhängelast geb. 2'000 kg

Serienmässige Ausstattung

3 Kopfstützen hinten
3-Punkt-Sicherheitsgurte auf allen Plätzen
4 Leichtmetallfelgen 17J mit Pneu
5-Gang-Getriebe
Ablagefach im Kofferraum
Ablagefach in Armlehne hinten
Ablagefächer im Fussboden
Abschliessbares Handschuhfach
Airbag Fahrer und Beifahrer
Aktive Kopfstützen
Allradantrieb permanent
Aluminium-Applikationen
Antiblockiersystem (ABS)
Antriebsschlupfregelung (ASR)
Aschenbecher und Zigarettenanzünder
Aufklappbare Heckscheibe
Ausführung 7 Sitzplätze
Aussenspiegel rechts und links beheizbar und elektrisch verstellbar
Bordcomputer
Brillenablage
Dachreling
Dachspoiler
Digital Uhr
Drehzahlmesser
Drittes Bremslicht
Elektrische Fensterheber vorne + hinten
Elektronisches Stabilitäts-Programm (ESP)
Fahrersitz höhenverstellbar
Gepäcktrennnetz
Getönte Scheiben
Gurtstraffer vorne
Handschuhfach gekühlt
Heckscheiben-Wisch-/Waschanlage mit Intervall
Höhenverstellbare Gurten vorne
Innenspiegel automatisch abblendbar
ISOFIX Kindersitzvorrichtung
Klimatisierungsautomatik
Kofferraum-Entriegelung von innen
Kreuzstütze für Fahrersitz verstellbar
Laderaumabdeckung
Lenkrad längs- und höhenverstellbar
Lenkrad und Schalthebelgriff in Leder
Leseleuchten
Leuchtweitenregulierung von innen
Lichtwarnsummer
Make up-Spiegel links
Make up-Spiegel rechts
Nebelscheinwerfer
Nebelschlussleuchte
Niveauregulierung Hinterachse
Park Distance Control hinten
Partikelfilter und Oxydationskatalysator
Radio/CD-Player mit MP3
Radiofernbedienung
Radiovorbereitung, Antenne, Entstörung und 8 LS
Regensensor für Scheibenwischer vorne
Rücksitzlehne geteilt abklappbar
Scheibenwischer vorne mit Intervall
Schublade unter Beifahrersitz
Seitenairbag für Fahrer und Beifahrer
Seitenaufprall-Schutzsystem
Servolenkung
Sitzbank in 3. Reihe umklappbar
Steckdose
Stoff-/Kunstleder-Ausstattung
Tageskilometerzähler
Tagfahrlicht
Tankdeckel-Entriegelung von innen
Tempomat
Wegfahrsperre elektronisch
Window-Kopfairbags
Zentralverriegelung mit Fernbedienung

Metallic-Lackierung
Navigationssystem mit Rückfahrkamera
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11.12.2016, 15:12
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GL
Posts: 15,626
Groaned at 976 Times in 744 Posts
Thanked 39,634 Times in 12,376 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opinion needed

Quote:
View Post
Fahrzeugdaten

Inverkehrsetzung 10.2012
Fahrzeugart Occasion
Aussenfarbe grey
Getriebeart Automat sequentiell
Antriebsart Allrad
Treibstoff Diesel
Türen 5
Sitze 7
Innenfarbe anthrazit
Hubraum 1'991 cm3
Zylinder 4
Leistung in PS 150
Leergewicht 1'980 kg
Verbrauch in l/100 km 8.9/6.6/8.6 (St/Land/Tot)
CO2-Emission 233 g/km
Energieeffizienz G
Euro Norm Euro 4
Anhängelast geb. 2'000 kg

Serienmässige Ausstattung

3 Kopfstützen hinten
3-Punkt-Sicherheitsgurte auf allen Plätzen
4 Leichtmetallfelgen 17J mit Pneu
5-Gang-Getriebe
Ablagefach im Kofferraum
Ablagefach in Armlehne hinten
Ablagefächer im Fussboden
Abschliessbares Handschuhfach
Airbag Fahrer und Beifahrer
Aktive Kopfstützen
Allradantrieb permanent
Aluminium-Applikationen
Antiblockiersystem (ABS)
Antriebsschlupfregelung (ASR)
Aschenbecher und Zigarettenanzünder
Aufklappbare Heckscheibe
Ausführung 7 Sitzplätze
Aussenspiegel rechts und links beheizbar und elektrisch verstellbar
Bordcomputer
Brillenablage
Dachreling
Dachspoiler
Digital Uhr
Drehzahlmesser
Drittes Bremslicht
Elektrische Fensterheber vorne + hinten
Elektronisches Stabilitäts-Programm (ESP)
Fahrersitz höhenverstellbar
Gepäcktrennnetz
Getönte Scheiben
Gurtstraffer vorne
Handschuhfach gekühlt
Heckscheiben-Wisch-/Waschanlage mit Intervall
Höhenverstellbare Gurten vorne
Innenspiegel automatisch abblendbar
ISOFIX Kindersitzvorrichtung
Klimatisierungsautomatik
Kofferraum-Entriegelung von innen
Kreuzstütze für Fahrersitz verstellbar
Laderaumabdeckung
Lenkrad längs- und höhenverstellbar
Lenkrad und Schalthebelgriff in Leder
Leseleuchten
Leuchtweitenregulierung von innen
Lichtwarnsummer
Make up-Spiegel links
Make up-Spiegel rechts
Nebelscheinwerfer
Nebelschlussleuchte
Niveauregulierung Hinterachse
Park Distance Control hinten
Partikelfilter und Oxydationskatalysator
Radio/CD-Player mit MP3
Radiofernbedienung
Radiovorbereitung, Antenne, Entstörung und 8 LS
Regensensor für Scheibenwischer vorne
Rücksitzlehne geteilt abklappbar
Scheibenwischer vorne mit Intervall
Schublade unter Beifahrersitz
Seitenairbag für Fahrer und Beifahrer
Seitenaufprall-Schutzsystem
Servolenkung
Sitzbank in 3. Reihe umklappbar
Steckdose
Stoff-/Kunstleder-Ausstattung
Tageskilometerzähler
Tagfahrlicht
Tankdeckel-Entriegelung von innen
Tempomat
Wegfahrsperre elektronisch
Window-Kopfairbags
Zentralverriegelung mit Fernbedienung

Metallic-Lackierung
Navigationssystem mit Rückfahrkamera
Is the car available in French?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 11.12.2016, 18:29
Fish Paste's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North
Posts: 437
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 499 Times in 236 Posts
Fish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of many
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Don't buy a Chevy, Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot or Renault.
In fact, unless it's German or a Skoda, don't buy anything.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Fish Paste for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 12.12.2016, 00:17
xandeo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Top right corner
Posts: 275
Groaned at 26 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 328 Times in 133 Posts
xandeo is considered knowledgeablexandeo is considered knowledgeablexandeo is considered knowledgeable
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Quote:
View Post
Don't buy a Chevy, Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot or Renault.
In fact, unless it's German or a Skoda, don't buy anything.
Says basically all we need to know about your knowledge of cars.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank xandeo for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 12.12.2016, 00:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 971
Groaned at 74 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 947 Times in 574 Posts
yacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

In Poland, where the average age of imported cars is now above 10 years, there is a saying "don't buy F cars", which means French, Fiat and Ford.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12.12.2016, 11:02
Fish Paste's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North
Posts: 437
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 499 Times in 236 Posts
Fish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of many
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Quote:
View Post
Says basically all we need to know about your knowledge of cars.
I'm talking about desirability and depreciation.
Much easier to get a sale at a reasonable price for a Q5, Allroad, X3, Tiguan, XC60, Yeti, than a Craptiva, Kuga, etc.
Take a look at how many Octavias are sold compared to 308, Focus, whatever.

The op would be nursing a 10k loss in 2 to 3 years if they get the Chevy.

Each to his own of course.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12.12.2016, 11:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,876
Groaned at 164 Times in 129 Posts
Thanked 10,086 Times in 3,397 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Quote:
View Post
I'm talking about desirability and depreciation.
Much easier to get a sale at a reasonable price for a Q5, Allroad, X3, Tiguan, XC60, Yeti, than a Craptiva, Kuga, etc.
Take a look at how many Octavias are sold compared to 308, Focus, whatever.

The op would be nursing a 10k loss in 2 to 3 years if they get the Chevy.

Each to his own of course.
i think a Q5/X3/XC60 has a much higher depreciation than a Captiva or a Kuga.
Keep in mind that for depreciation only absolute amounts matter. Percentages are only nice for statistics.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 12.12.2016, 11:25
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,130
Groaned at 349 Times in 284 Posts
Thanked 18,285 Times in 6,954 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Car thread with no input from Dodgyken - wtf is going on??

(Truth be told I couldn't come up with a "nice" reply which matched the OPs useless question)

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 12.12.2016, 11:39
Fish Paste's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North
Posts: 437
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 499 Times in 236 Posts
Fish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of manyFish Paste has earned the respect of many
Re: Need an opinion on second hand car

Quote:
View Post
i think a Q5/X3/XC60 has a much higher depreciation than a Captiva or a Kuga.
Keep in mind that for depreciation only absolute amounts matter. Percentages are only nice for statistics.
Yes for a new one, not so much for a 4 year old one.
The streets are awash with German and Swedish.

Even Korean has a better reputation than American!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinion on Buying Second-hand Car FuriousRose Transportation/driving 43 05.05.2016 13:15
Advice on a second hand car, please J.Marple Transportation/driving 32 04.12.2012 07:53
2nd hand car lease - on an L permit gc2011 Transportation/driving 18 30.08.2011 19:52
any advices for buying an second hand car, especially in Lausanne? windboy Transportation/driving 7 28.12.2009 01:18
Expensive car problem - Second opinion? peachy Transportation/driving 7 18.08.2008 20:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0