Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.11.2011, 21:05
yjt yjt is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aargau
Posts: 591
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 601 Times in 261 Posts
yjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond repute
How to use Google music in Switzerland

I checked out Spotify yesterday while it was pretty cool I don't know how much use it would be for me as any music I like I download. Today I found how to use Google music here in Switzerland which is way more to my liking. You can upload up to 20k songs which you can play anywhere you want and share them I believe with anyone you like.
There is also an app for the phone which acts like the gallery app with picasa.

This is strictly only available for the US at the moment but it is very easy to get around this.

Credit to 20min for writing the article and they stole it from these guys

What you have to do is pretty simple: Either remove your country or leave it blank.
Then log on to google music here

That's it all set up. You don't need the proxy anymore. Currently I'm uploading music through my Swiss IP.

The android app is as well obviously not available outside of the US so you'll need to get it from an alternative place to use it. Personally I got it from here. It's quite a big Android blog so I'm assuming it's save but I can't guarantee it. The app itself is working perfectly everything is synced up and when I open it it shows and can play all the music that I've uploaded!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank yjt for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 18.11.2011, 21:08
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 9,421
Groaned at 31 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 7,037 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Related post to Google Music:

Google+ (Google's Facebook competitor)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jrspet for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 18.11.2011, 21:44
yjt yjt is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aargau
Posts: 591
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 601 Times in 261 Posts
yjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Sorry. All credit goes to jrspet in that case
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14.01.2013, 16:25
Lifad's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 81
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Lifad has no particular reputation at present
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

This is interesting...but where do you remove your country from? As soon as I go to google music it instantly says that it is not available here.

I am an apple person, but tired of their lame iPhone upgrades I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S3. I can't believe people out there still think that the iPhone 5 can be better.

Anyway...I use iTunes Match and have apple tv. Am thinking of switching to the WD Media player on Android and having the same functionality as I do with my music...but since this service is not available in Switzerland (WHY???) I am a bit stuck! with that in mind....I have to make a choice...either have my music service on my tv or have my music service on my phone, but because I no longer have an iPhone...I can't do both!

Speaking of which....anyone want to buy an iPhone? ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15.01.2013, 09:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
jznz has earned some respectjznz has earned some respect
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Was horrified this morning to find that amazon.de no longer sells mp3 downloads to customers in switzerland! There goes my music provider. Albums that are 5.99euro on Amazon are 17chf on itunes, so looking for alternatives. I experimented with this method of accessing google music back in 2011 without success, would be willing to invest more time in trying if someone can tell me - does google music actually sell music?

Funny, I also just swapped my iphone for a galaxy S3. Haven't sussed out the music apps yet tho, so can't help sorry.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jznz for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 29.01.2013, 14:34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
muon has no particular reputation at present
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Was horrified this morning to find that amazon.de no longer sells mp3 downloads to customers in switzerland! There goes my music provider. Albums that are 5.99euro on Amazon are 17chf on itunes, so looking for alternatives. I experimented with this method of accessing google music back in 2011 without success, would be willing to invest more time in trying if someone can tell me - does google music actually sell music?

Funny, I also just swapped my iphone for a galaxy S3. Haven't sussed out the music apps yet tho, so can't help sorry.
Easy solution: download it from thepriratebay, usenet or whatever.
Download is legal in Switzerland, and since the music industry is evil with all their restrictions and weird policies, I always feel very bad when I buy "legal" music: indirectly you are funding an industry that is waging a war on its customers...

If you want to have a clear concience, you cannot buy music from legitimate source IMHO.

Alternatively, there are the russian mp3 sites which have a legal license to sell music. I buy music from mp3panda.com regularly. Costs only $0.15 per track.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank muon for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 29.01.2013, 16:00
yjt yjt is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aargau
Posts: 591
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 601 Times in 261 Posts
yjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
This is interesting...but where do you remove your country from? As soon as I go to google music it instantly says that it is not available here.

I am an apple person, but tired of their lame iPhone upgrades I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S3. I can't believe people out there still think that the iPhone 5 can be better.

Anyway...I use iTunes Match and have apple tv. Am thinking of switching to the WD Media player on Android and having the same functionality as I do with my music...but since this service is not available in Switzerland (WHY???) I am a bit stuck! with that in mind....I have to make a choice...either have my music service on my tv or have my music service on my phone, but because I no longer have an iPhone...I can't do both!

Speaking of which....anyone want to buy an iPhone? ;-)

Why is because of copyright restrictions. What you do is find a US IP adress online and log on over that. Your then able to register for the service. You then google for google music app android and download the latest version. Once your registered Google doesn't care where you use the service from.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29.01.2013, 16:01
yjt yjt is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aargau
Posts: 591
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 601 Times in 261 Posts
yjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond reputeyjt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Was horrified this morning to find that amazon.de no longer sells mp3 downloads to customers in switzerland! There goes my music provider. Albums that are 5.99euro on Amazon are 17chf on itunes, so looking for alternatives. I experimented with this method of accessing google music back in 2011 without success, would be willing to invest more time in trying if someone can tell me - does google music actually sell music?

Funny, I also just swapped my iphone for a galaxy S3. Haven't sussed out the music apps yet tho, so can't help sorry.

Really? torrents it is in that case. Google music doesn't work yet here.

Edit: I've just tried to buy some songs over the amazon app and went without problems. Even uploads them to their cloud player. YOu just need to set your phone language to german
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank yjt for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 29.01.2013, 18:28
dino's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,821
Groaned at 32 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,207 Times in 596 Posts
dino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Alternatively, there are the russian mp3 sites which have a legal license to sell music. I buy music from mp3panda.com regularly. Costs only $0.15 per track.
yeah, just don't ask 'legal' where...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29.01.2013, 19:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: wädenswil
Posts: 488
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Jonesy is considered a nuisanceJonesy is considered a nuisanceJonesy is considered a nuisance
Re: How to use Google music in Switzerland

Is this like MEGA?
What happens if I upload ilegal mp3 files from soulseek?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't decide! How to buy the best road bike for use in CH Scarsdale Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 11.08.2011 01:07
Nintendo Wii - U.S Version: How to use in Geneva? jazmine TV/internet/telephone 10 01.08.2009 11:12
Wanted appliances to use in Switzerland carollutes Items wanted 2 26.11.2008 11:41
Tax: Which passport to use when working in Switzerland? embe Finance/banking/taxation 5 06.03.2008 07:27
Use Google Maps to find shops in Switzerland cantarell Food and drink 0 15.11.2007 20:19


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0