Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 31.03.2013, 22:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 505
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Jonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthy
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

superrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Is it possible to activate the 3 free months with internet after some months of purchasing the card?

Last edited by Jonesy; 01.04.2013 at 00:40.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01.04.2013, 12:38
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 171
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
byte has earned some respectbyte has earned some respect
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
superrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Is it possible to activate the 3 free months with internet after some months of purchasing the card?
Yes. Last year I did that 2 months after getting the free SIM
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank byte for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 01.04.2013, 13:15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 36
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
clever has no particular reputation at present
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

You can activate your 3 months free internet whenever you want. You just have to send SMS "START DATAPROMO" to number 5155. Below is the original instruction from Coop Mobile:

1. So aktiviere ich die 3 Monate kostenloses* Internetsurfen:
  • Senden Sie einfach eine kostenlose SMS mit dem Text START DATAPROMO an die Nummer 5155.
  • Sie erhalten von CoopMobile eine Bestätigungs-SMS, dass Ihre Datenpromotion (= 3 Monate gratis surfen) aktiv ist. Sobald Sie die SMS erhalten haben, können Sie mit dem kostenlosen* Internetsurfen beginnen.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank clever for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 04.04.2013, 23:00
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 505
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Jonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthy
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
You can activate your 3 months free internet whenever you want. You just have to send SMS "START DATAPROMO" to number 5155. Below is the original instruction from Coop Mobile:

1. So aktiviere ich die 3 Monate kostenloses* Internetsurfen:
  • Senden Sie einfach eine kostenlose SMS mit dem Text START DATAPROMO an die Nummer 5155.
  • Sie erhalten von CoopMobile eine Bestätigungs-SMS, dass Ihre Datenpromotion (= 3 Monate gratis surfen) aktiv ist. Sobald Sie die SMS erhalten haben, können Sie mit dem kostenlosen* Internetsurfen beginnen.
How many GB per month? And what happens when you get over them?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05.04.2013, 08:33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 36
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
clever has no particular reputation at present
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

300 MB/month. Afterwards: 0.10CHF/MB
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank clever for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 10.04.2013, 20:50
oct oct is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
oct has no particular reputation at present
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

I got my free sim cards before I read this post, while I saw the offer on the tram. I think coop mobile is worth to try, because: 1 it's free plus 15 chf credit; 2 free call to orange network (our home have two orange card); 3 3 month free data.

I bought 2 cards at the same time, one is actived with 24 hours, but another always get "not registered" error. I call the coop mobile hotline, when I say my German is poor, the speaker spoke english with me
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank oct for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 10.04.2013, 22:03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nidwalden
Posts: 432
Groaned at 40 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 446 Times in 186 Posts
salie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputation
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

It's worth keeping a close track on your credit with Coop.

I gave up with them after nearly 1 year as it was costing me 40-50CHF each month. 10CHF was for internet but even without using the phone, the credit would reduce every few days for some unknown reason. Calls to Orange were free and this I verified by checking the balance often. My data usage was also small and below the limit. In the end I could not figure it out. I had a Sunrise PAYG before Coop and had no problem like that. It was the free calls to Orange that I really wanted.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank salie for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 10.04.2013, 22:11
Spellbound's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 656
Groaned at 50 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 284 Times in 175 Posts
Spellbound has become a little unpopular
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
Apparently they have this offer again until April 20 2013, here is the link:
http://www.coop.ch/pb/site/mobile/no...Lde/index.html
Do you have this link in English? When I try to change it to English, it takes me to a completely different page with no search functionality to look for mobile.

Also, can you confirm the steps - can we order the sim cards online, or do we go to the store and simply ask for them? Is anything required beyond the request?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Spellbound for this useful post:
  #49  
Old 10.04.2013, 22:47
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 505
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Jonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthy
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

I was in a coop supermarket today to get a sim card but they couldn't do it.
I came with the form from internet filled in and a copy of my pass. They said that I have to do it in the post. Is it correct??? The post?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10.04.2013, 22:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 505
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Jonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthyJonesy is considered unworthy
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
It's worth keeping a close track on your credit with Coop.

I gave up with them after nearly 1 year as it was costing me 40-50CHF each month. 10CHF was for internet but even without using the phone, the credit would reduce every few days for some unknown reason. Calls to Orange were free and this I verified by checking the balance often. My data usage was also small and below the limit. In the end I could not figure it out. I had a Sunrise PAYG before Coop and had no problem like that. It was the free calls to Orange that I really wanted.
That's pretty strange. So you think they reduce the balance?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10.04.2013, 23:06
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,485
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,338 Times in 5,682 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
It's worth keeping a close track on your credit with Coop.

I gave up with them after nearly 1 year as it was costing me 40-50CHF each month. 10CHF was for internet but even without using the phone, the credit would reduce every few days for some unknown reason. Calls to Orange were free and this I verified by checking the balance often. My data usage was also small and below the limit. In the end I could not figure it out. I had a Sunrise PAYG before Coop and had no problem like that. It was the free calls to Orange that I really wanted.
perhaps you didn't renew the internet often enough? it is not automatic and you have to renew the internet every month and the limit is 300mb so if you go over, you have to pay more.

i found that except for the internet, i hardly require any credit (mostly call orange numbers which are free).
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 11.04.2013, 08:00
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nidwalden
Posts: 432
Groaned at 40 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 446 Times in 186 Posts
salie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputation
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
perhaps you didn't renew the internet often enough? it is not automatic and you have to renew the internet every month and the limit is 300mb so if you go over, you have to pay more.

i found that except for the internet, i hardly require any credit (mostly call orange numbers which are free).
It's not? I thought once enabled, it was automatically billed at about 10CHF per month. That is something I certainly did not consider.

Too late now though as I've just changed to Orange Young for 19CHF per month. Free Orange calls, 1GB internet and unlimited sms.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank salie for this useful post:
  #53  
Old 11.04.2013, 12:34
oct oct is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
oct has no particular reputation at present
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
perhaps you didn't renew the internet often enough? it is not automatic and you have to renew the internet every month and the limit is 300mb so if you go over, you have to pay more.

i found that except for the internet, i hardly require any credit (mostly call orange numbers which are free).
Is this true? or just a guess?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank oct for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 11.04.2013, 12:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baar
Posts: 258
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 171 Times in 120 Posts
rachael8816 is considered knowledgeablerachael8816 is considered knowledgeablerachael8816 is considered knowledgeable
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
It's not? I thought once enabled, it was automatically billed at about 10CHF per month. That is something I certainly did not consider.

Too late now though as I've just changed to Orange Young for 19CHF per month. Free Orange calls, 1GB internet and unlimited sms.
How did you get orange young for 19chf per month?
I only see it advertised for 29chf per month.
Was it a completely new plan or did you keep an old phone and just change provider?
Î'm looking for a plan for a teenager, that won't cost me a fortune and CHF19 sounds good!
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rachael8816 for this useful post:
  #55  
Old 11.04.2013, 12:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nidwalden
Posts: 432
Groaned at 40 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 446 Times in 186 Posts
salie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputation
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
How did you get orange young for 19chf per month?
I only see it advertised for 29chf per month.
Was it a completely new plan or did you keep an old phone and just change provider?
Î'm looking for a plan for a teenager, that won't cost me a fortune and CHF19 sounds good!
Thanks.
I kept my old phone which I was using with different PAYG cards.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11.04.2013, 13:01
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,485
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,338 Times in 5,682 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
It's not? I thought once enabled, it was automatically billed at about 10CHF per month. That is something I certainly did not consider.

Too late now though as I've just changed to Orange Young for 19CHF per month. Free Orange calls, 1GB internet and unlimited sms.
Quote:
View Post
Is this true? or just a guess?
it's the most annoying thing about coopmobile. it's in the T&C and you get a text when internet runs out. i'd prefer it to auto-renew.

sometimes you have to send the renew text twice (free text) as sometimes it doesn't register the first time. also, you can only do this once internet expires and not in advance, so get billed for internet for the day on top of your monthly subscription (unless you turn off internet after it expires).
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 11.04.2013, 13:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nidwalden
Posts: 432
Groaned at 40 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 446 Times in 186 Posts
salie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputationsalie has an excellent reputation
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
it's the most annoying thing about coopmobile. it's in the T&C and you get a text when internet runs out. i'd prefer it to auto-renew.

sometimes you have to send the renew text twice (free text) as sometimes it doesn't register the first time. also, you can only do this once internet expires and not in advance, so get billed for internet for the day on top of your monthly subscription (unless you turn off internet after it expires).
I don't remember ever receiving a text saying it's run out. Even when the credit ran out there was no text. For me it could have been a cheap solution but not exactly a card you can load up with some credit and forget for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11.04.2013, 13:22
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 11,485
Groaned at 246 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,338 Times in 5,682 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
I don't remember ever receiving a text saying it's run out. Even when the credit ran out there was no text. For me it could have been a cheap solution but not exactly a card you can load up with some credit and forget for a while.
kind of. i loaded it with 80chfs about half a year ago and need to re-charge it again soon. the only thing is just the monthly internet renewal. apart from that, it is hassle free.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11.04.2013, 21:47
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 171
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
byte has earned some respectbyte has earned some respect
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Do you know that you can login to Orange Website with your Coop number and see all the details about your usage, don't you? You can't topup with a Credit Card from your Orange account and you're only limited to a handful of free online SMS (as opposed to 150 from Coop Website) but otherwise it's pretty nice. It even somehow recognizes your handset (I have a few quite rare and they all display correct in respective accounts).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank byte for this useful post:
  #60  
Old 11.04.2013, 21:53
oct oct is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
oct has no particular reputation at present
Re: Get a free Prepaid SIM from Coop Mobile

Quote:
View Post
it's the most annoying thing about coopmobile. it's in the T&C and you get a text when internet runs out. i'd prefer it to auto-renew.

sometimes you have to send the renew text twice (free text) as sometimes it doesn't register the first time. also, you can only do this once internet expires and not in advance, so get billed for internet for the day on top of your monthly subscription (unless you turn off internet after it expires).
Thanks for the important message, I should pay attention to the internet plan after 3 month's promotion.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank oct for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free SIM from Vectone Mobile esto TV/internet/telephone 4 22.03.2012 18:32
Coop Mobile incoming calls (prepaid) Pambot TV/internet/telephone 2 11.01.2012 00:58
Will any mobile work with a prepaid Swiss SIm card ? pabcbc TV/internet/telephone 3 01.09.2011 12:50
Netherlands prepaid SIM card? Venturello General off-topic 3 10.01.2011 22:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0