View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 14:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 606 Posts
swiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [US->CH] Good moving company??

Quote:
View Post
Hi again, and thank you for all the advice and suggestions of companies. I think I have found a good company, although I have not signed with them yet. They only deal in iternational moving, reasonably priced, and no outsourcing. So I hope I won't have a nightmare story like some of the people posting here. We are planning on moving in November, but will have our stuff shipped sometime in Oct.

Anybody have any advice on what not to take. So far we are getting rid of all electronics minus the computer and printer, and most furniture.

Thanks again,

Jessica
Make sure you either leave your bed behind or buy lots of extra sheets (the bed sizes are different!)

Also, if you're really getting rid of nearly everything, you may want to consider what we did-get rid of all furniture and kitchen stuff and ship the rest by postal service-no hidden fees, easy (the custom forms were a breeze, and the people at the post office were so curious about what the heck we were doing that they were incredibly helpful!), cheap (about $800 for the two of us), and dependable (it arrived pretty much exactly when they said it would). Plus, there's the exhilaration of getting rid of all the junk that accumulates (and the incentive to sort through it). Unfortunately, it did mean extra quality time at IKEA, but I've managed to recover. . .