View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 21:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: moving from employed to self-employed

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the responses. Richard is the CHF492 minimum on a monthly or anual basis - I think I know but just want the bad news confirmed ...
Annual.

Quote:
miniMia, thanks for the tip. I'll check on the courses as this could be a good route for me. Another question I have is what constitues self employed status. Certainly in the first few months the bulk of my time will be spent on non-income generating activities, and attending a part time course at EPFL. Does this make me a part time student and part time unemployed (I checked and I know the employment office reduces the benefit if you're not available for work) or is self employed really the way to go.

Certainly from my point of view, I think I am tempted to just go the self employed route, but nevertheless would be interested in any impact my part time student status might have.

patrious
Ah... the implication is that you cannot be both a student and get unemployment.