View Single Post
Old 04.09.2007, 06:09
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jessica has no particular reputation at present
Re: [US->CH] Good moving company??

Quote:
View Post
Make sure you either leave your bed behind or buy lots of extra sheets (the bed sizes are different!)

Also, if you're really getting rid of nearly everything, you may want to consider what we did-get rid of all furniture and kitchen stuff and ship the rest by postal service-no hidden fees, easy (the custom forms were a breeze, and the people at the post office were so curious about what the heck we were doing that they were incredibly helpful!), cheap (about $800 for the two of us), and dependable (it arrived pretty much exactly when they said it would). Plus, there's the exhilaration of getting rid of all the junk that accumulates (and the incentive to sort through it). Unfortunately, it did mean extra quality time at IKEA, but I've managed to recover. . .

We are definetly chucking the bed!! My husband and I have tossed around the idea of the USPS, and after he read your post he said "SEEE, other people did that too", but we have a few items that we are taking that will be too hard to box up and ship, like our baby crib, toy box, and small rocking chair. So we are going with a partial container. Not too mention our two cats which is a whole other thread. LOL We just booked our tickets for our upcoming move, and have also booked space for our cats OH MY GOSH!! It will be fun at the airport with 4 suitcases, 2 kids, and 2 cats. I'm sure once we get there, we will be hitting up Ikea too. Thank you for your info, it was helpful!!