View Single Post
Old 04.09.2007, 20:07
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 606 Posts
swiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [US->CH] Good moving company??

Quote:
View Post
We are definetly chucking the bed!! My husband and I have tossed around the idea of the USPS, and after he read your post he said "SEEE, other people did that too", but we have a few items that we are taking that will be too hard to box up and ship, like our baby crib, toy box, and small rocking chair. So we are going with a partial container. Not too mention our two cats which is a whole other thread. LOL We just booked our tickets for our upcoming move, and have also booked space for our cats OH MY GOSH!! It will be fun at the airport with 4 suitcases, 2 kids, and 2 cats. I'm sure once we get there, we will be hitting up Ikea too. Thank you for your info, it was helpful!!
No problem. By the way, we also brought over two cats and a large dog (though not kids) from California, so I can at least partially feel your pain . If you have questions about the pets and want the full description, send me a PM. We traveled with the cats in cabin, dog in the cargo hold, so I can give advice on both methods. At the very least, make sure you get your cats' rabies vaccinations at least 30 days before you arrive but not longer than one year (CH doesn't recognize the multi-year rabies vaccination that is commonly used in the US). Also, for many reasons, don't book your tickets through the UK (try Germany instead).

Sounds like it will be crazy, but if it helps, you and your husband will surely be the worst for wear, everyone else (having not worried very much before hand) will come through beautifully!
This user would like to thank swiss_in_training for this useful post: