View Single Post
Old 23.11.2010, 00:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pest control - who pays?

Quote:
View Post
I recently discovered some really nasty bugs in my new apartment that Im renting. I informed the Regie who immediately send over pest control. So far so good, until I received the bill for 280 CHF. The Regie didnt mention anything about me having to pay anything for the pest control, so I was a bit surprised. In all places Ive lived in Europe it has always been the landlords cost to take. In this case Im also sure the bugs were all there before I moved in (its a very old building with a lot of crack for bugs to thrive in)

Is this standard procedures in Switzerland that the tenant pays for pest control regardless of whos the "guilty" party?
I reported fleas or bedbugs to AG Vision, previous tenant had a dog. They entered my apartment when I was away, got a professional cleaner in and hit me with a 350chf bill. I hit the roof, sent a counter claim for compensation, double the amount of their bill. Never heard a peep from then again.

Play hard ball with idiots, generally speaking, those knowingly in the wrong do not have the stomach for a fight.
This user would like to thank Upthehatters2008 for this useful post: