View Single Post
Old 11.09.2007, 08:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help for Businesses/Freelancers in CH

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Richard.

I had thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure. Just wanted to make sure and didn't want to break any tax laws. Last thing I want, is to move and find out that there is some massive tax or some special rules.

Thanks Again,

mick
Please do not misunderstand me. The Swiss are wanting you to declare all income earned world-wide so legally you are obliged to tell them. Point here being they have a bilateral tax agreement with Switzerland and to do this correctly you would need to declare your income in Switzerland and change your domicile status in America. You would also need to get permission to work in Switzerland which would mean forming a company unless of course your wife would be working for a well known NGO in which case you can with a Ci permit simply be self-employed. Whichever way you would then become liable to Swiss social contributions and insurances and this is quite a lot of red tape. So I simply asked whether you wanted to do this or whether you simply wanted to carry on living as if you are still in America...