View Single Post
Old 09.12.2010, 22:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non EU on 1 yr renewable B Permit eligible for unemployment insurance

Quote:
View Post
i stumbled upon this thread searching the forum with a similar situation.

I'm a non-eu, working in Switzerland for almost 5 years with B permit linked to my contract. now my contract is up at the end of February, and since our lab is closing, my boss cannot renew my contract. I need to stay in Switzerland for an extra 1-2 months, I'll try to apply for chomage and try to temporarily extend my permit.

But I doubt that Swiss authorities would be helpful.

Anyone has any idea how these things work in Lausanne, and the name of office that I should go in Lausanne?
There are two offices you need to deal with, the unemployement people & the permit people.

When does your permit expire? Usually they will let you stay until your permit has expired and sometimes they will extend your permit to the end of your benefits. That's what happened to a friend of mine when his company closed.

You need to go here and talk to these people first. You can do this even now. Telling them that they are closing your office in February.

Office régional de placement ORP
Place Chauderon 9
3e étage
Case postale 5032
1002 Lausanne
Phone +41 21 315 78 99
Fax +41 21 315 70 30

lundi-vendredi
07h30-12h00
13h00-17h00

They should be able to tell you what to do.