View Single Post
Old 13.12.2010, 15:11
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Julie Atherton has no particular reputation at present
Re: Looking at International School of Lausanne for 13 and 15-year old sons

Hi, I moved to Basel three months ago with two boys, 17 and 13 years old. Its been tough, nothing like social scene in UK. They attend academia International school in Basel which is excellent academically but only small numbers of students, In the bilingual school my youngest is in the high school where only 14 students attend and in the college my eldest is with 43 other students which has many academic advantages but socially they have gone from 1200 kids in a school with plenty of friends to staying at home most weekends. The football season is over for now so that's not an option. so we have a lot of family time which I love but they hate!! The International schools are generally a lot bigger but I chose academia as it was flexible with costs (we didn't have the option of education package as part of our relocation so we have to pay for it ourselves) and academically better. It also runs the IGCSE and A Level systems which suits my boys especially the older one who will return to UK in 18 months to go to University with A levels.

I know a lot of the children do travel from Zurich way to attend academia also, which again socially is not good for meeting up for the cinema etc! so may be worth a look? good luck!