Thread: Banking problem
View Single Post
Old 07.01.2011, 15:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 619 Times in 524 Posts
Thanked 22,185 Times in 11,641 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Banking problem

Quote:
View Post
I'm leaving Switzerland in 2 months and I'm still not sure what's best.

I've got a Post Finance konto, what's best when I'm in the UK for holidays. (Better than a Swiss bank account).
I will take some cash with me, but I have my savings and that's too risky to bring it all in cash.

I had the idea to open a UK-£ account in Switzerland, but a lot people who live in London said it's way too expensive that way.

I can use my Post Finance for the start, but I can only withdrawal 1000£ a day. I could get a british account later. (I need a proof of address.)

If I get a flat I have to pay deposit and at least 1 month rent.

Anyway. I'm not sure if it's good to open a £ account here in Switzerland, or just wait and use my Post Finance.

Would be very glad if someone already have made some experiences. Or a banker?
I can't follow, and I'm not really sure yet. Thanks!
I do not understand. You can open a Post Finance UK£ account or do you already have one? It is not expensive to have such an account. You also get a good rate changing CHF to UK£ when you have bothh accounts in Post Finance.
If you have to pay deposit and at least 1 month rent for a flat then you could use the Post Finance electronic banking & just transfer the money to the renter's account.
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post: