Thread: Moving Puzzle
View Single Post
Old 09.01.2011, 11:57
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
LPA1975 has no particular reputation at present
Moving Puzzle

Hello Forumers

I'd like to get the Forum's (always invaluable) input on how best to approach moving house within Switzerland. Situation is this:

I'm currently in a flatshare, but will be moving down the road (ten mins drive, to central Zug) in to my own apartment imminently. My challenge is how to shift furniture. I essentially have two loads of furniture to move - my bed, wardrobes, bike, spare car wheels etc etc from my current place, and also a bunch of stuff (bed, dining table, etc) that I bought from a cool Scottish couple in north Zurich to help furnish the new apartment.

One option of course is to hire a van (recommendations on best place for this?) and draft in some luckless friend to help. The only problem with this is that the new place is in central Zug and I'm not sure exactly where I could park up a van for a while whilst unloading. But I'm sure I could work this out.

Option 2 would be to go for "Man with Van" option, and I can see there have been some threads on this in the past (but recent recommendations would be very welcome).

Option 3 would be to throw money at the problem and get a removals company to do it (ie. both pickups). Any recommendations or views on who to use/not to use, and how much this may cost?

Many thanks in advance.