View Single Post
Old 24.09.2007, 15:06
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - man with a van

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I need to rent a man with a van to help me move some stuff from Ikea to my new apartment. The Ikea staff mentioned that there were moving companies that could help, but the line at customer service seemed to long to wait at just to get the info before buying anything.

I would like to pay someone to help me haul the stuff from Ikea Dietlikon to Oerlikon, my German is still atrocious, so it would be best if this someone spoke a bit of English (enough so I could call them over the phone to arrange in English), hopefully this week.

I'm staying in more central Zurich now, and from what I can gather the postings there are all in German. If anyone can give any recommendation, or let me know if this will end up being impossible I'd really like to know.

(This is my fault for not realizing that it would take Ikea 6-8 weeks to deliver, in Toronto they deliver same day so I just didn't plan this out well enough ahead, so to those contemplating buying furniture be aware that to avoid needing your own moving helper you really need to plan ahead).

TA
Is it the van or the manual labour you require? If it's just the van, IKEA have vans to rent. I think it's 70 bucks to rent the van.

Otherwise I use these guys... they are brilliant and speak English.

http://www.studentmove.ch/
This user would like to thank gooner for this useful post: