View Single Post
Old 02.02.2011, 12:01
wildboar wildboar is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 190
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
wildboar has no particular reputation at present
Re: TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud

View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm french with a B-permit. Working in Geneva, my taxes are taken at source.
Few question:

- as living in canton de Vaud, I have to fill a tax return form - correct?
- how to make sure what I already paid at source in Geneva will be taken into account, i.e not receiving a huge bill from the Vaud tax office? Should I attach a letter to my tax return or another document or call the tax office and when: before or after receiving the bill...?
- I got married in 2010, so do I need to fill a from in Geneva canton to get a refund or would everything be fixed with the tax return in Vaud (i.e I'll have to pay based on what I declare - what I paid in Geneva - situation adjustment = hopefully a refund...?)

Thanks !
1. yes, if income is more than 120k, you need to file a return in canton de vaud

2. this has been discussed here a lot and it seems the best is to convince your employer that they deduct the tax at source using canton de vaud tables and deposit the same to canton de vaud account. Did you de-register yourself at geneva tax deptt?

3. everything should be handled in canton de vaud as both you and your wife are resident in vaud.
Reply With Quote