View Single Post
Old 06.09.2006, 18:59

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Music Mole has earned some respectMusic Mole has earned some respect
Which Zurich suburb is the best place to rent?

[moderator note: this post merged from a separate thread]

My husband grew up in the Bern/Solothurn area, so doesn't have a lot of familiarity with Zurich. Plus he's been gone from Switzerland for the past 10 years. Now it looks like he'll be getting a position in the Zurich area (currently looks like Opfikon). Initially he'll be renting a studio flat or possibly a flat share until we can get the whole family move organised (house sold etc.).

I am assuming that with Zurich, as with most (all?) cities, there are areas that are best avoided in terms of crime/drugs/safety. Are there any particular areas that we should be aware of when he's looking for a place? He has one friend who lives in Zurich, but he hasn't heard back from him yet on this, and besides, I always think it's a good idea to get input from multiple people on questions like this. Said friend lives in central Zurich near the train station and works on the opposite side of the city so not sure how much help he could be on this anyway, if that's where my husband does end up with a position.

Thanks for any input you might have.

Last edited by mark; 08.09.2006 at 22:08.