View Single Post
Old 06.09.2006, 19:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Areas to Avoid in Zurich (when looking for place to live)

Yeah i would say you could bike to Opfikon from here, my husband used to work near by in Glattbrugg and he walked every morning, only took him 15 mins

When I lived in Oerlikon briefly i used to be amazed seeing kindergarten kids of about 4 - 5 years old walking home on their own, this would never happen in the UK, i was actually shocked seeing it at first and thought maybe they're lost!! then I realised we were in Switzerland

Quote:
Nicky - nice to get a post from someone who understands my concerns, coming from the UK. With a small child, our definition of "acceptable" in terms of safety altered a bit from when we only had ourselves and the dogs to think about, and the UK has posed quite a challenge for us in terms of finding areas that combine affordability and safety.

I've been looking at things online and a few of the options I've found are in your area, so it's nice to have that specific feedback. Is it feasible for biking to Opfikon? He used to bike 12 miles to school every day so distance doesn't matter to him as much as rider safety - the main reason he never tried biking to work when we lived in London .