View Single Post
Old 27.09.2007, 13:23
Hokey_Cokey's Avatar
Hokey_Cokey Hokey_Cokey is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Strasbourg, France
Posts: 52
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hokey_Cokey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help for Businesses/Freelancers in CH

View Post
When you work as a sole trader your tax situation is that of an individual. Granted you can make additional deductions but you are still being taxed on earnings as if you were an individual.

....That makes no sense whatsoever so I think (but don't know) that a mistake has been made somehow.

....In this case you will also be liable for VAT. It will work out better for you to set up a GmbH or seeing as you are in the French part of Switzerland a Sarl (Société à responsabilité limitée). This would then be appreciatively more tax efficient...
No, no mistake. I am a premier customer with old HSBC and made a point of calling them up personally. Can you believe it? I can' this instance I tried to deposit a large sum and they said they needed invoices as security! If you find out different let me know but I have two other sources who said it was the same.

I calculated my income brut after VAT and based on what I earn in France. I will also be helped by the fact that when I sell outside of CH i won't pay any VAT, just the customer...who can arrange for shipping or collect in person as they often do wih very expensive audio.

Thanks for answering the other questions!!!