View Single Post
Old 07.02.2011, 18:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
shuriken has no particular reputation at present
Marriage between a Turkish and French-Swiss Citizen and whole process

Hi,

Me and my French-Swiss Citizen girlfriend would like to marry soon. We already investigated about the process through the Swiss Consulates website. The timespan given is taking about 4 to 8 weeks for an approval of marriage if all the documents we provide will be satisfactory after the investigations.
It seems straight-forward and simple. But honestly saying, we have doubts for the timespan because I am a Germany born, Turkish citizen.

Our concern is about the process of having a residency permission for myself in the most possible short time. We would like to know if in a case of pregnancy would it effect the process to have a residency permission for me? Because we both live alone in separate countries the pregnancy period for my girlfriend would be too hard to deal between work and lone life if it takes months long which I have read on many other forums that it could. We are both educated adults with professions and jobs at a certain border of biological ages for pregnancy.

We would like to know if any of people in here had a similar experience. I already send an email to the Turkish Swiss Consulate about it and waiting
for an answer.

Besides the problem above, we couldn't decide which way we should choose
to marry. Is it better to marry in Turkey or Swiss? Does this have any effect
on the investigation process? I felt it would be faster if we decide to marry in
Swiss but I can't be sure.

Thanks for any help,