View Single Post
Old 12.02.2011, 10:56
decider10 decider10 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 75
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
decider10 has no particular reputation at present
Re: B Permit to end and new job offer

Best way to find out is to ring the Federal Migration Office in Bern +41 31 325 11 11 and ask them. They can look at all the details of your permit in their system and tell you what you can and cannot do. I am also non-EU and had a B Permit last year that also said "Mit Erwerbstätigkeit", which essentially means your permit is only valid if you are gainfully employed. I switched companies and cantons with no problem, but I would just double check. This no longer applies to me as I just recently go upgraded to a C Permit
Reply With Quote