View Single Post
Old 21.02.2011, 09:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 36 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 6,615 Times in 2,125 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FAQ: A brief guide to salaries in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
The Accurity link requires one to enter some kind of username/password. Also it seems to assume you are a contractor on an hourly rate. I am guessing they are some kind of umbrella for contractors.
I don't get any kind of prompt for a username and password when I click on the link in the FAQ.

The site is definitely geared towards contractors, and it takes a little bit of figuring out to get it to spit out something sensible, but it does give more info than comparis, so I thought it was worth including here.

Quote:
View Post
Don't forget that your tax rate will differ if you are on C-permit and don't pay Quellensteuer (tax at source).
Correct. But by the time someone gets around to getting their C-permit, they would have been here long enough to understand how the salaries and taxes work. By introducing all the different tax situations, I figured I would just complicate things for newbies.

I also deliberately only addressed the most straight-forward quellensteuer situations. If someone wants to learn more about filing an optional tax return even if their income is >120k, or if they live in one of the cantons where tax is not withheld even on a B-permit if the income is over 120k, for example. they'll need to dive into the more specific threads.

The advice on here should cover the situation that applies to 95% of people without delving into the huge complexities that will only affect a few uncommon situations.

Thanks for the feedback!