View Single Post
Old 26.02.2011, 11:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,198 Times in 462 Posts
Susan57 has a reputation beyond reputeSusan57 has a reputation beyond reputeSusan57 has a reputation beyond reputeSusan57 has a reputation beyond reputeSusan57 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BROWN and YELLOW teeth from toothpastes

Sorry, Havanah, just another note and then I promise to stop!

Success story:
A mother came in with her 4 year old daughter, as her two front bottom teeth were very wobbly. We took x-rays and discovered she had a big abcess at the bottom of teeth, just about the developing permanent incisors. We needed to extract those teeth.

Before her appointment I honestly worried about how it would go and what we could do to provide a non traumatic experience and came up with an idea. The little girl would sit upon her mother, whom we would recline together. Then, I held my gloved hand up, above he rupper lip-line as a shield for her view and rapidly spoke Spanish, to keep her focused on me, while Dr. J injected her lower lip and extracted the two teeth. The entire procedure lasted 4 minutes and not a tear was shed! That was a proud moment.

A GREAT suggestion is to take your child with you, for your hygienist appointment. She can observe how it does not hurt mommie, and how relaxed you are. Then, at the end of the appointment, allow her to sit in the big chair and have her teeth checked. ONLY do as much as she permits.....no pressure. This is my technique which has always been a success...Good luck!!