View Single Post
Old 28.02.2011, 14:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 554 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 23,909 Times in 9,656 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour's dog barking

Quote:
View Post
My downstairs neighbour seems to have a new dog. It barks and yaps endlessly which is very annoying and must (I would have thought...) be a sign that it isn't very happy. It yapped most of the weekend and woke me at 6a.m. today.

Her apartment, like mine is smallish 1.5 room studio and I believe she may have another (silent) dog. I think dogs are allowed in the building.

I am intending to talk to the lady, but have been putting it off as my German is passable but by no means fluent. Also thought it would be better to approach her when I'm feeling nice and calm!

I would appreciate any advice from EF-ers on what to say. And what to do next if this has no effect. Many thanks.
Maybe it needs time to settle. Our neighbour got a new dog the other month but she apologised in advance that it may be a bit noisy for a while whilst it settled in. It's always quiet now (and still alive, I ought to add).
The following 3 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: