View Single Post
Old 28.02.2011, 17:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour's dog barking

Both Nil and Captain Greybeard have excellent suggestions.

I guess my first question (although I assume this) is: Does the dog bark only when left alone in the house?

If so, it is most likely a case of seperation anxiety, and the owner should be made aware of this.... calmly and politely.

I also used to have a dog that barked like crazy when I moved to a new house. The thing is, I had no idea until I had a nasty letter put in my letterbox.
It's impossible to fix a problem if you are completely unaware of it.

Search this thread for some information, and quite a few lengthy discussions on the topic as additional help to offer the dog owner.

Bringing a small treat for the dog as a peace offering and a smile will be your best weapons in trying to get the owner to be proactive about the problem. After all, I doubt she really wants her little dog (yuck... can't believe I typed that) upset all day.

oh, and FYI on the bones, it's the fact that owners fear the bone 'splintering' when chewed that they are afraid of. Particularly chicken bones, and any cooked bone.
The following 3 users would like to thank TidakApa for this useful post: