View Single Post
Old 10.09.2006, 10:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 45 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sky+ installation

I'd hazard a guess that the dishes are pointing at 19 east and 13 east and thus pretty much will offer you nothing when connected to Sky+.

I would recommend at least 80cm for a dish; you do benefit from being further west than we are here but 80cm or more should get ALL channels and in MOST weather conditions.

An LNB - Low Noise Block. It's the thing at the end of the arm on the dish. Quad-LNB is your best solution as you can then connect 2 x Sky+ to the same dish; makes sense to me...!

How do you feel about putting up your own dish? If you don't fancy it, there are companies who will do it for you.

You might have issues with a second Sky+ box; certainly you have to pay full-whack for the box and subscription....I'd actually look at having a second box purely for the FTA stuff like BBC and ITV - otherwise you're overly-complicating your solution.

For dish+LNB....try Media Markt, pop into France and see what they have there too - or mail-order www.satshop.ch

I don't know any installers in your area but there are some in Zurich - but they will charge for the hours on the road.

As Gav said, you're likely to need a bearing of 152 on your compass and you should be around the same as us for elevation (32 degrees). One of the links in my signature has a page with hints and information and further links for self-installation....