View Single Post
Old 22.03.2011, 16:27

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
boulay has no particular reputation at present
missing deadline for driving licence change

hello. i have been very stupid and did not exchange my driving licence within a year of moving. the reasons were that i went to change licence, completed the forms, handed over the eye-test papers etc and then the lady said i would have to have a temporary licence as my licence said it was issued in 2004 however this was a re-issue as i lost my licence (another stupid incident) but she said that i could get a letter from my issuing authority showing i first passed in 1998 etc.

when i contacted them they were a nightmare and the person i was obliged to speak to was away for a while.

i had lost my job and was having a miserable time and as i had no car etc i never got round to sorting the problem out.

now however i want to buy a car and i obviously do not want to come a cropper with the friendly local constabulary but neither do i want to have to go through the nonsense of doing the swiss driving test.

do you think it is possible that if i get a lawyer to contact the authorities anonymously on my behalf, explain the situation ( i still have my docs from when i first tried to exchange) then i might get away with it. or of course any other ideas.

i know i have been an ass before i am reminded repeatedly....

thanks in advance.

b