View Single Post
Old 28.03.2011, 23:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for the best Döner in Zürich!

Quote:
View Post
You can try Turquoise if you come to Geneva, they are serving traditional Turkish doner, like the one in Turkey.
http://www.geneverestaurants.ch/en/r...geneve-map.php
I got furious when I, at an airshow in the Romandie, saw a "Turkish Döner" place proudly proclaiming to "guarantee NO lamb" to be used. I found out that they are just a lousy chicken "Kebab" place

But sure, there ARE really good Turkish restaurants in Geneva, no doubt. But let's frankly admit it, the best place for good Turkish cuisine in Switzerland is neither Zurich nor Geneva but beyond doubt "Klein-Basel" which in this regard is NOT small but really and truly GREAT !! Go there and try some places there. You may argue with my point by saying that many of them are "Turkish-Kurdish". But what, the Kurds also are good gastronomes