View Single Post
Old 01.04.2011, 09:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 484 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY Car Maintenance and Repair

lots of threads about importing from america etc so you should be ok.

Re working on cars, if your in an apartment with a shared garage and or parking bays then its a big no no, just checking the fluids on my car before a long journey got me moaned at.

If you have your own private garage then you can do what you want.

The swiss really don't do anything on there cars themselves, as others have said finding parts is next to impossible, car spares shops here generally carry nothing more then bulbs and boy racer stick on tat, I buy most of my parts from the uk and have them shipped over.

You have to use OEM parts, or swiss approved parts with certificates otherwise you won't pass an MKF, this is even on things like wheels and brake disc's & pads, so even if you upgrade your brakes (for example) if the swiss have not approved those brakes for that car and certified them then they are not allowed, even if every other country in the world says they are fine.

dealer prices here are as you would expect a total joke, for my car, before the crashed they worked out at 2.5 times the cost of the same part from the uk, I dread to think what it works out to now.